Dry patches appearing hours after foundation

maeonsaturday

Guys I have no idea where to post this question - but I have combination skin and no matter what foundation I use, by middle of the day, dry patches start to appear. They are not there during the makeup application. I tried applying moisturizer on them but it doesn't help. Any ideas what I can do about the dry flakes?

ashievic

You might want to exfoliate 2-3 times a week, use Chanel LeWeekend or Solution 10 as a moisturizer, then use a primer before applying foundation. I use the Chanel crushed pearls and then the clay mask, Works wonders, at least for me.

Shars

Guys I have no idea where to post this question - but I have combination skin and no matter what foundation I use, by middle of the day, dry patches start to appear. They are not there during the makeup application. I tried applying moisturizer on them but it doesn't help. Any ideas what I can do about the dry flakes?
Do the dry patches only occur in certain areas? I agree with Ash, you may need to exfoliate and perhaps try moisturising with oil instead of a regular cream moisturiser and avoid putting mattifying primer in the trouble areas. @Monsy usually has great suggestions for oils to use for moisturising.

ashievic

You explain far better then me, thanks. I also found that I was allergic to the Chanel DeJour lotion, which enhanced dry spots and with foundation it was a spot light shining on them. So the dry patches could be a result of a cleanser, lotion, whatever. Foundations just show them better. Always there, but enhanced with the use of foundation. My brain now hurts, had to think too hard on that one.....

maeonsaturday

Do the dry patches only occur in certain areas? I agree with Ash, you may need to exfoliate and perhaps try moisturising with oil instead of a regular cream moisturiser and avoid putting mattifying primer in the trouble areas. @Monsy usually has great suggestions for oils to use for moisturising.
Yep, sides of my mouth. I will try the oil in those areas. Is there anything I can do about the patches mid-day when they appear, in the meantime?

shellygrrl

Staff member
(These posts were moved from one of the Tom Ford threads to here.) If you start exfoliating regularly, and moisturizing before you apply makeup, the patches should disappear.

deedrr

Have you tried giving your face a little spritz of water after applying your makeup? I use the evian spray after I put on my doublewear and it takes care of those mid day flakies for me.

Latest posts