Very strange - mini MAC brushes have gone blue/green after wash!

IsabelleJ

So I've just been cleaning all my brushes. It's the first time I've cleaned my Mini brushes - a 130SE and 187SE, can't remember what collection they're from, but they're the ones with the glittery crystal handles. I washed them, then left then flat to dry overnight. In the morning, all the other brushes (including my full size 187) were normal, but the mini ones have gone a bluey green colour on the white tips!

Has anyone had this happen before? I don't think they'd have gone mouldy overnight (and surely the other brushes would have done so too?) and they smell perfectly fine, so all I could think of was that the bristles have bled/dyed the white bits of the brush. Is there any way I can get rid of this? It's a very strange look for a brush!!

Interested to see if this has happened to anyone else, and if it's just something that happens with the mini brushes.

Thanks,

Isabelle

erine1881

It's the dye. It happens to full-sized brushes too. It happens to some dye lots and not others. It may eventually fade away from the white with use, but when you wash them the next time, it will just happen again. No way to prevent it, and it doesn't harm the brushes any. It's just an eyesore.

Latest posts