What is Your Most Favorite Red Lipstick?

Vandekamp

When it comes to red lipstick, it seems either people love it or they're afraid of it. But if the price was right, perhaps we might have a few new members in the red-lipstick-lovers club. Ma[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.8)]tte or glossy, deep or bright, a bolt of red lipstick can update your look instantly - and everyone has their own opinion on which is the ultimate hue.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.8)]Shades such as Chanel's classic Pirate or MAC's high-impact Ruby Woo are much-loved among confident lipstick-wearers, whilst cult favourites such as Lipstick Queen's semi-sheer Medieval offer a wearable option for those intimidated by the fiery hue. And there will always be something to suit you, from rich blue-based shades to bright orange-toned hues.[/COLOR]

red-lipstick-Super-Lustrous-Lipstick-Fire-Ice-vogue-28nov13-pr_216x324.jpg
red-lipstick-chanel-Rouge-Allure-in-Pirate-vogue-28nov13-pr_216x324.jpg
red-lipstick-christian-dior-trafalgar-vogue-28nov13-pr_216x324.jpg
red-lipstick-lipstick-queen-Medieval-Lipstick-vogue-28nov13-pr_190x285.jpg
images

Here are the top 10 red lipsticks

Top-Ten-Favorite-Red-Lipsticks.jpg

Ruby Woo and Damned are my top favs. What are yours??

Jayjayy

-Makeup Forever Rouge Artist Intense lipstick in #43 Moulin Rouge Red

-Guerlain Rouge Automatique in shade #121 Rouge d'Enfer

Neither one is a completely dry, flat matte but the Guerlain is bulletproof! It was the only part of my makeup that still looked good the next morning when I wore it on New Years Eve

montREALady

Hmmmm, my fav I think is RiRi Woo just for the way it looks because it really is not fun to put on. L'Oreal Zoe Red is such a gorg deep red (semi-matte) as is NYX High Voltage in Burlesque (cream). I have a fav red MAC lipglass but it's from a long time ago so the name is slipping me right now. I seem to like deeper reds as opposed to bright/cherry. MAC GV Charlotte is nice too as well as MAC Philip Treacy Cardinal.

bluelitzer

All my favorite reds are MAC. I had one that's Make Up For Ever but it was so lame in pigmentation that it turned me off the brand for a while.

1.) MAC Deeply Adored - #1 Absolute HG red for me
2.) MAC RiRi Woo - close second
3.) MAC Frank N Furter/ Salon Rouge / Stunner - all tied coz they really look the same on me
4.) MAC Just a Bite - a really unique red in recent memory. I thought it would be a dupe for Deeply Adored but there's just not anything similar. There's some "berriness" to it but it's not a berry red. Just a flattering red on me. I hope they repromote it.
5.) Viva Glam I - classic!
6.) MAC Kinky - someone (I feel like was either elegant-one or Vandekamp) described it like a red christmas velvet bow. So so pretty.

sagehen

All my favorite reds are MAC. I had one that's Make Up For Ever but it was so lame in pigmentation that it turned me off the brand for a while. 1.) MAC Deeply Adored  - #1 Absolute HG red for me 2.) MAC RiRi Woo - close second 3.) MAC Frank N Furter/ Salon Rouge / Stunner - all tied coz they really look the same on me 4.) MAC Just a Bite - a really unique red in recent memory. I thought it would be a dupe for Deeply Adored but there's just not anything similar. There's some "berriness" to it but it's not a berry red. Just a flattering red on me. I hope they repromote it. 5.) Viva Glam I - classic! 6.) MAC Kinky - someone (I feel like was either elegant-one or Vandekamp) described it like a red christmas velvet bow. So so pretty. 
I am regretting passing on Just A Bite. It looked so good on everyone and so many people love it.

NaomiH

Oh geez, this is hard! I have to say that my favorite red is Guerlain's Rouge G in Garconne as the formula is fantastic. Viva Glam 1 is up there for me along with Glam, Tenor Voice, Cardinal and now Ruby Woo off the top of my head.

KGeezy

Russian Red is my fave true red by far. I like it wayyyy more than Ruby Woo (RW looks terrible on me). Hearts Aflame is my 2nd fave, although it's more like a deep brick red. I regret not getting a bu wahhhhh. I keep looking out to see if Mac repromotes it but so far no luck

Vandekamp

Oh geez, this is hard! I have to say that my favorite red is Guerlain's Rouge G in Garconne as the formula is fantastic. Viva Glam 1 is up there for me along with Glam, Tenor Voice, Cardinal and now Ruby Woo off the top of my head.
There you go, Nay. Welcome to the Ruby Woo team.
cheerleader.gif
pompom.gif
I like all of the other reds you have listed too. However, I am ashamed to say that I have not tried Guerlain's Rouge G in Garconne.

Vandekamp

Russian Red is my fave true red by far. I like it wayyyy more than Ruby Woo (RW looks terrible on me). Hearts Aflame is my 2nd fave, although it's more like a deep brick red. I regret not getting a bu wahhhhh. I keep looking out to see if Mac repromotes it but so far no luck
I have Russian Red but I almost never wear it. I will try to wear it tomorrow. You are a beautiful lady. I find it hard to believe that Ruby Woo will not look amazing on you. #GiveRubyWooAChance

Vandekamp

All my favorite reds are MAC. I had one that's Make Up For Ever but it was so lame in pigmentation that it turned me off the brand for a while.

1.) MAC Deeply Adored - #1 Absolute HG red for me
2.) MAC RiRi Woo - close second
3.) MAC Frank N Furter/ Salon Rouge / Stunner - all tied coz they really look the same on me
4.) MAC Just a Bite - a really unique red in recent memory. I thought it would be a dupe for Deeply Adored but there's just not anything similar. There's some "berriness" to it but it's not a berry red. Just a flattering red on me. I hope they repromote it.
5.) Viva Glam I - classic!
6.) MAC Kinky - someone (I feel like was either elegant-one or Vandekamp) described it like a red christmas velvet bow. So so pretty.
How could I forget Kinky and Stunner. I love, love, love them too. My revised list of fav reds include: Ruby Woo, Kinky and Stunner.
cheerleader.gif

Vandekamp

Hmmmm, my fav I think is RiRi Woo just for the way it looks because it really is not fun to put on. L'Oreal Zoe Red is such a gorg deep red (semi-matte) as is NYX High Voltage in Burlesque (cream). I have a fav red MAC lipglass but it's from a long time ago so the name is slipping me right now. I seem to like deeper reds as opposed to bright/cherry. MAC GV Charlotte is nice too as well as MAC Philip Treacy Cardinal.
I agree with you. I can totally see you rocking the hell out of Ruby Woo, Monty.

leonah

I really like charlotte from GV. have not the lovely ruby woo yet in my collection but planning on getting her soon!

MzBrownBeauty

hmm.gif
I don't have that many reds but I love Ruby Woo and Colourpop Creeper which I layer over MAC Charlotte. Up until around May, I was afraid of anything other than nudes or browns. Now, I LOVE all shades of lipsticks and Ruby Woo was the lipstick that started it all!
clapping.gif

NaomiH

I just realized that I don't own Russian Red! What the hell is my problem? :haha: Guess I know what I'm going to B2M for next. Sorry Verve. :lol:

Latest posts