Report issues, feedback and suggestions with the "new" site here!

elegant-one

I checked your settings and you should not be getting the emails. Until we get this figured out, I'd suggest unsubscribing from the threads you are referring to, and then subscribe to them again and see if that straightens it out. Thanks for your patience while we are working out all of the kinks.

ETA - I'd also log out and then log back in. If any of that works, please lmk.

Thanks so much! I haven't received any emails tonight, so hopefully I'm good :thumbsup:

ms.mad

Will we be able to see all the pics to a thread at the top right as in the past? Still trying to get used to the new style. Thank you

Haven

I was previously registered as Haven. Once the site was converted my old password no longer worked. I entered my registered email over twenty times to reset my password and never received an email to reset my password. I checked my inbox and spam. I therefore resorted to creating a brand new account. Is there a way that my old account could be accessed? I prefer to keep posting with that account.

Dawn

Administrator
Staff member
I was previously registered as Haven. Once the site was converted my old password no longer worked. I entered my registered email over twenty times to reset my password and never received an email to reset my password. I checked my inbox and spam. I therefore resorted to creating a brand new account. Is there a way that my old account could be accessed? I prefer to keep posting with that account.

Hi, I merged the newer account into Haven. I will PM you with some further info. Thanks!

Last edited:

Marsha Pomells

Just a quick suggestion on the emojis/emoticons... Is it possible to have a poop one with added flies??? I understand if it's not possible or we have to wait. Thank you.

jennyap

I'm having the same issue as Marsha with pictures - I tried opening the one in this post: http://www.specktra.net/showthread....ion-Calendar?p=2704559&viewfull=1#post2704559 and got this error message:

picture error.png

Re the forum width, I've noticed that on my work PC which uses an older version of Chrome (44.0.2403.107 m) it looks fine/auto adjusts, but at home which uses the most up-to-date version of Chrome, it is too wide for the page like @Shars mentioned.

Also, can we not tag other members any more?

Oh, and I noticed that the search only works on posts since the relaunch. Not entirely surprising, but it makes it difficult to find things so I am hopeful that might be something that can be fixed in the longer term.

Thanks for all the hard work!

Shars

I'm having the same issue as Marsha with pictures - I tried opening the one in this post: http://www.specktra.net/showthread....ion-Calendar?p=2704559&viewfull=1#post2704559 and got this error message:

View attachment 50207

Re the forum width, I've noticed that on my work PC which uses an older version of Chrome (44.0.2403.107 m) it looks fine/auto adjusts, but at home which uses the most up-to-date version of Chrome, it is too wide for the page like @Shars mentioned.

Oh, and I noticed that the search only works on posts since the relaunch. Not entirely surprising, but it makes it difficult to find things so I am hopeful that might be something that can be fixed in the longer term.

Hmmmm.... I have to check whether I have the most recent version and see if that changes anything.

Yup! Definitely have the most recent version so that's probably the issue.

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
Also, I can't seem to open pictures posted on threads.

View attachment 50207

Oh no, that's weird, the pic is showing for me.

I just really, really dislike that they are so small. Is there a way to post bigger pictures?

mkoparanova

So I disabled adblock for specktra but the placement of the ads is quite strange and a bit annoying because it's over the profile and notifications. Is that how everyone is seeing them?

ads.jpg

Winthrop44

Smileys don't work for me even though I have Full WYSIWYG Editing turned on. Typing is also a little strange/slow for letters to catch up in appearing as I type. Sometimes letters do not appear at all and I have to do a lot of editing when I se what I'veactually writen. ee what unedited lookslike? I there something else I need to turn on?

:D I am not having the above problems on my iPad, just on my desktop using ie11

Last edited:

starletta8

So I disabled adblock for specktra but the placement of the ads is quite strange and a bit annoying because it's over the profile and notifications. Is that how everyone is seeing them?

View attachment 50211

I know that the ads are necessary, but I can't navigate with the top bar! Ads are covering it! I can't click on anything other than "forum", instead of being able to move upward from Cosmetics Discussions, etc by clicking on the titles that appear above the forum- they're gone with the oversized ads. Is there a way to change the size of the ad boxes in the code so that they're not blocking actual clickable content?

Also, please make ad-free an option ASAP- and a priority. For a number of reasons, I don't trust the security of ads and have issues with having to disable adblock. I don't want my online security compromised because I love Specktra!

OctoberViolet

Hello. Everytime I check out one of the topics I'm interested in, I am automatically receiving emails. I had requested no emails be sent as it will take up too much space. Is there a specific way of being able not to receive any emails in my personal email box? I have removed all email notifications under my settings, but I am still receiving them. Tx.:thanx:

Latest posts