Report issues, feedback and suggestions with the "new" site here!

Dawn

Administrator
Staff member
I can't access MAC posts, including ones I commented in pre-shift. Thanks for all your hard work! Glad to be back!

We are having trouble with the MAC Dark Desires thread. If it is not that one, please let us know specifically what you are trying to access. Thanks!

shellygrrl

Staff member
Another suggestion...

Is there a way to add links to Specktra's social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, etc.) on the site somewhere? Preferably in the menu space ("What's New?" / Articles / Forum)? I think they're something that should be prominent and not limited to links within various mods' signatures.

SlugPower

A shortcut for the subscription thread page. I guess that since I've bookmarked it and access the site through there, it isn't a big deal but it's a neat shortcut especially for mobile.

Advertising on the right feels that the page is cluttered. Perhaps at the top of the page or between each posts. I go to another forum for other things that does it like that.

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
Another suggestion...

Is there a way to add links to Specktra's social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, etc.) on the site somewhere? Preferably in the menu space ("What's New?" / Articles / Forum)? I think they're something that should be prominent and not limited to links within various mods' signatures.

Good idea.

Jayjayy

I'm sorry if this has already been mentioned, but my subscription settings are all messed up. I'm suddenlygetting separate emails for every single thread I'm subscribed to about recent posts. What is causing this to happen? I've just been completely unsubscribing from the threads.

Vineetha

Not sure if I am the only one having this issue but the "view last unread post" button lands on the last page of the thread for me than the actual new post! On few threads it is accurate but on most it just directs to the last page! :(

elegant-one

I need to be able to NOT get emails every time someone posts in one of my subscribed threads. I have it set for my control panel only & do not have it set to received email notifications. I have saved it that way, but I'm still getting emails every time someone posts :scared:

uggg, I can't even seem to find the clearance bin anymore..... am I just a big dummy?? Are you hiding it from me?? Did i forget the secret handshake?? Help?

shellygrrl

Staff member
I need to be able to NOT get emails every time someone posts in one of my subscribed threads. I have it set for my control panel only & do not have it set to received email notifications. I have saved it that way, but I'm still getting emails every time someone posts :scared:

Seems like a forum bug to me?

uggg, I can't even seem to find the clearance bin anymore..... am I just a big dummy?? Are you hiding it from me?? Did i forget the secret handshake?? Help?

You don't have 50 posts yet.

Dawn

Administrator
Staff member

Hi, you did have a Silver Supporter Premium Membership, which was valid for 8 months, that was purchased 3/17/15, so that has expired. That granted you immediate access to the Clearance Bin if you had not met the requirements. Without that, your post count is only at 15 and you need 50 posts (and being a member for 30 days - which you have met), to gain access. Or you can purchase a new membership (once we have that set up again). If you have any other questions, please feel free to PM me. :)

Last edited:

Dawn

Administrator
Staff member

I checked your settings and you should not be getting the emails. Until we get this figured out, I'd suggest unsubscribing from the threads you are referring to, and then subscribe to them again and see if that straightens it out. Thanks for your patience while we are working out all of the kinks.

ETA - I'd also log out and then log back in. If any of that works, please lmk.

Last edited:

Dawn

Administrator
Staff member
I'm sorry if this has already been mentioned, but my subscription settings are all messed up. I'm suddenlygetting separate emails for every single thread I'm subscribed to about recent posts. What is causing this to happen? I've just been completely unsubscribing from the threads.

We are aware of this issue and hope to have it worked out soon. Please check my reply in the previous post, which I offered a few suggestions to try. Thanks!

Dawn

Administrator
Staff member

Ok, I was asked to get the following info if you are having any issues with email notifications.

Please reply with the following:

A link to the thread(s) in question
Status of the subscription
How email should be sent (or not sent at all)
What actually happened

Thanks for your assistance :cool:

Prettypackages

this is probably a stupid question, but how do I find my subscritions without the link you've provided. when I go to my settings, the subscriptions don't look like they do in the link you provided. Does that make sense? LOL
If you go to the settings page, it will display your subscribed posts with unread comments (although i havent figured out how to get to the new posts directly as the link takes you to the first post of the thread). for now i have sorted ti show latest first.
http://www.specktra.net/usercp.php

Dawn

Administrator
Staff member
this is probably a stupid question, but how do I find my subscritions without the link you've provided. when I go to my settings, the subscriptions don't look like they do in the link you provided. Does that make sense? LOL

Click on the drop down menu next to your username (next to "notifications" on the upper right corner of the page)
Click on settings
On the far left side of the page, look for "My Subscriptions"

Specktra

Administrator
Staff member
I'm on a Nexus 6 using Chrome. My screen is fine, but the reason I liked the mobile setting is because it would take me to the last post I read in a thread. With this, it takes me to the beginning of each thread, and then I have to guess what at what page I stopped reading. It's really annoying.

We will fix it up in a few days.

Specktra

Administrator
Staff member
Browser is Firefox, resolution is 1366 x 768 and here's the screenshot:

View attachment 50152

As you can see it works just fine but it doesn't fill up the width of the forum. Don't know if this was intented or not.
It is intended at the moment. Please keep in mind that hosting/running Specktra costs quite a bit of money and ads will be providing those. If you are using Adblocker, you are making it difficult for Specktra. We will have ads-free subscription in near future though.

However, we do agree even with ads, the viewing space can be better. We will work on it.

i emptied the folder because i cannot stand unread prompts and pending notifications :cool: :D I am sure i deleted something i wanted too well...
Same here. Can't stand unread prompts.

Do you think it is a good idea to mark all private messages (before the platform move) as read? We can do that with some database tweak.

Another suggestion...

We will do so soon.

A shortcut for the subscription thread page. I guess that since I've bookmarked it and access the site through there, it isn't a big deal but it's a neat shortcut especially for mobile.

Advertising on the right feels that the page is cluttered. Perhaps at the top of the page or between each posts. I go to another forum for other things that does it like that.
Noted.

On Huddler, there was always ads on right side. Current one is modeled after that...but your suggestion is something we will consider.

Go to http://www.specktra.net/profile.php?do=editoptions > Default Thread Subscription Mode. Set it to what you prefer for the threads you are gonna post in. Hope this helps.

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
It is intended at the moment. Please keep in mind that hosting/running Specktra costs quite a bit of money and ads will be providing those. If you are using Adblocker, you are making it difficult for Specktra. We will have ads-free subscription in near future though.

However, we do agree even with ads, the viewing space can be better. We will work on it.

Same here. Can't stand unread prompts.

Do you think it is a good idea to mark all private messages (before the platform move) as read? We can do that with some database tweak.

We will do so soon.

Noted.

On Huddler, there was always ads on right side. Current one is modeled after that...but your suggestion is something we will consider.

Go to http://www.specktra.net/profile.php?do=editoptions > Default Thread Subscription Mode. Set it to what you prefer for the threads you are gonna post in. Hope this helps.

Sounds like a good idea to me.

Gennifer

New User
hello, I'm having trouble logging in under my old profile. it keeps telling me that my username and email belong to another member/account but when I try to get an email to change my password so I can log in it isn't being sent

Dawn

Administrator
Staff member
hello, I'm having trouble logging in under my old profile. it keeps telling me that my username and email belong to another member/account but when I try to get an email to change my password so I can log in it isn't being sent

I just sent you a PM as I think I helped you via facebook. :)

Latest posts