Report issues, feedback and suggestions with the "new" site here!

Janice

I'm still seeing ads. Not quite as aggressive but I've gotten two of those Tide full page ads today and an olay one last night. Both on mobile.

Did you donate to the gofundme or through the subscription system? If it was through the forum can you tell me what sub you purchased? I thought we had caught everyone from both places but I am not seeing you have a premium membership at the moment.

hitchcockblonde

Did you donate to the gofundme or through the subscription system? If it was through the forum can you tell me what sub you purchased? I thought we had caught everyone from both places but I am not seeing you have a premium membership at the moment.

I donated through the gofundme at the end of September. I sent Dawn a pm with my donation information on Jan 14. Let me know if you need any more info. Thanks for all your help!

boschicka

Did you donate to the gofundme or through the subscription system? If it was through the forum can you tell me what sub you purchased? I am not seeing either of you have a premium membership at the moment.

Sent $100 thru Paypal to on October 3rd and put username in the notes as instructed by the Spectra post asking for donations.

Last edited by a moderator:

patentg33k

Since you ask, navigation is so slow on this site since the upgrade, when I page through the MAC forums especially it hangs for a while before the forum will display. I miss the 'thanks' buttons.

I still get error messages when I try to enlarge pictures (on the MAC forums, anyway).

I would also love the option of HTML posting/editing as in the former version. It enables us to embed Instagram posts, which the non-html version does not.

I know the transition has been a nightmare I'm sure, thanks for all you do. I find myself coming here much, much less these days because of these technical problems.

Thank you for removing the ads. Those were awful, horrible and even if they are still there for those who didn't contribute to the re-work, I'd encourage you to remove them unless you are making really serious money from them. I don't think you'll attract long-term users, they were super distracting. Maybe you can find an ad service that isn't so aggressive.

Last edited:

CrimsonQuill157

Since you ask, navigation is so slow on this site since the upgrade, when I page through the MAC forums especially it hangs for a while before the forum will display. I miss the 'thanks' buttons.

I still get error messages when I try to enlarge pictures (on the MAC forums, anyway).

I would also love the option of HTML posting/editing as in the former version. It enables us to embed Instagram posts, which the non-html version does not.

I know the transition has been a nightmare I'm sure, thanks for all you do. I find myself coming here much, much less these days because of these technical problems.

Thank you for removing the ads. Those were awful, horrible and even if they are still there for those who didn't contribute to the re-work, I'd encourage you to remove them unless you are making really serious money from them. I don't think you'll attract long-term users, they were super distracting. Maybe you can find an ad service that isn't so aggressive.

I'd have to agree with this part. They need the ads for revenue; but before my ads were removed, they were so irritating that it was stopping me from coming on the site - I could not come on at all on mobile due to the ads. On PC, the video ads across the top that would drop down drove me insane, and on mobile there would be a pop up type ad that you could never tell when it would come up and was hard to close out of. And it happened on every page.

Pippilotta

Maybe I'm the only one with this problem, but often when I write a comment only half of the letters show up on the screen.

I also have problems with the emoticons. Sometimes the show up and sometimes not.

Honi

Still getting error messages that I dont have the permission to see images if I click them, even my own.

Janice

Maybe I'm the only one with this problem, but often when I write a comment only half of the letters show up on the screen.

I also have problems with the emoticons. Sometimes the show up and sometimes not.

We're trying to figure out what causes this, can you let us know what browser and OS you're using when this occurs?

Specktra

Administrator
Staff member
Still getting error messages that I dont have the permission to see images if I click them, even my own.

Hello.

We apologize for the issues you are facing. Can you please link to a post/thread where this is happening for you?

ztirkazoid

Hello -- apologies if this has been answered already on different posts.

- I can't seem to find my old sale post, is there a way to get back the post with the migration process, or do I have to start a brand new post?
- I can't seem to also locate my existing feedback, is that also going to be migrated, or have I lost that as well?

Thanks!

Janice

Items that were 100% fixed today -

• All usergroups who should not see advertising should no longer see advertising
  • You can post links to videos again

Items we are working on -

• Posting an image displays a clickable thumbnail
  • Fixing the upload rotating images (need more feedback on this one)
  • Premium subscriptions processing through the backend automatically
  • Email notifications for PM's and forum subscriptions (need more feedback on this one)
  • Bringing the Thanks! back ASAP
  • Bringing back trader feedback (determining if we can import data on transactions from the old platform)

Items that have been 100% fixed

• Premium subscriptions processing through the backend automatically

Items that we are still working on
  • Fixing the upload rotating images (need more feedback on this one)
  • Fixing not being able to click on thumbnails (need more feedback on this one - what forums is this occurring in? All forums? Please let us know!)
  • Bringing the Thanks! back ASAP
  • Bringing back trader feedback (determining if we can import data on transactions from the old platform)

Items that we think have been significantly improved
  • Page loading times

elegant-one

"Since you ask, navigation is so slow on this site since the upgrade, when I page through the MAC forums especially it hangs for a while before the forum will display."

I'm having the above issue too no matter where I'm at on the site.

Dawn

Administrator
Staff member
Hello -- apologies if this has been answered already on different posts.

- I can't seem to find my old sale post, is there a way to get back the post with the migration process, or do I have to start a brand new post?
- I can't seem to also locate my existing feedback, is that also going to be migrated, or have I lost that as well?

Thanks!

Here is a link to your sale thread. http://www.specktra.net/showthread.php/108835-Small-Sale-DC-d-MAC-items-Becca-and-more
Post in the Clearance Bin are removed after they have been inactive for 6 months, so going forward, don't forget to keep it bumped up. =)

As for feedback, we are still working on that. I am not sure if we will be able to regain what we had or not.
Thanks!

Latest posts