Report issues, feedback and suggestions with the "new" site here!

Shars

1. New: http://www.specktra.net/profile.php?do=editoptions > Default Thread Subscription Mode
Existing: Go to http://www.specktra.net/subscription.php > Select all > "Selected Threads" menu > through control panel/email daily/weekly etc

Hopefully this helps.

2. We will take care of this soon.

3. The site is now optimized for phones and 1080p displays. You are probably using something in the middle. We will fix this soon. Horizontal scrolling is never fun.

4. Sorry; not possible (easily that is).

Thank you! I know we're still in the teething phase so most other things I know will be sorted out in due course!

jennyap

4. For private messages, is there a way to reconvert messages with the same title and with the same forum user back to the conversation style as opposed to having 100 individual messages in the inbox? It was a lot easier to track a private conversation when they were grouped together.

These are just a few things I found off the bat. I will post again if I have any other issues.

1. New: http://www.specktra.net/profile.php?do=editoptions > Default Thread Subscription Mode
Existing: Go to http://www.specktra.net/subscription.php >

4. Sorry; not possible (easily that is).

Blast, this is something I was also hoping you'd be able to fix. In that case, would it be easier to add the sender name to the message listing (preferably both in the inbox and the settings page)? I have a couple of conversations going on with different people that both have the same subject (their choice!) and I can't tell which message is from whom unless I actually open them one at a time.

Ajigglin

Haven't gone through this entire section, but will there be a mobile version again? I don't see that option.
Also, for whatever reason, I had to reset my password. No clue why it didn't work.

Specktra

Administrator
Staff member
Haven't gone through this entire section, but will there be a mobile version again? I don't see that option.
Also, for whatever reason, I had to reset my password. No clue why it didn't work.
Are you not getting "resized" view on mobile? If not, can you share the phone model?

Generally when moving platforms, all passwords have to be reset. We did our best to import all passwords and from our testing, it is working flawlessly. However, given the nature of the issue (Neither huddler or the new platform store your password), we could not test it as much as we would have liked to. So some users might need to reset.

Ajigglin

I'm on a Nexus 6 using Chrome. My screen is fine, but the reason I liked the mobile setting is because it would take me to the last post I read in a thread. With this, it takes me to the beginning of each thread, and then I have to guess what at what page I stopped reading. It's really annoying.

Anneri

I'm on a Nexus 6 using Chrome. My screen is fine, but the reason I liked the mobile setting is because it would take me to the last post I read in a thread. With this, it takes me to the beginning of each thread, and then I have to guess what at what page I stopped reading. It's really annoying.

TOTALLY agree!

Marsha Pomells

Was looking at the group thing on my profile... I got over 15 albums (didn't do an exact count), are these albums going to be merged into one album? And will the photos we've posted fill up the album/s, when they have been transferred over to the new platform?

BuickMackane

The ones you are looking for...are listed here? http://www.specktra.net/misc.php?do=getsmilies&editorid=vB_Editor_QR

If not, can you give some exact names?

Nope, I don't think they are there.

Rolling pin: http://r11.imgfast.net/users/1113/13/73/66/smiles/687040616.gif

I'd rather not post the links to the emoticons because they're too long, but some of the ones I'm missing are on this page:
http://boards.baltimoreravens.com/index.php?&app=forums&module=extras&section=legends

Specifically, "wub", "34853_shakehead", "34853_brickwall", "141847_thud" and "sohappy". I have a feeling that "bitenails" will also be useful when stalking collections...

There are other smileys I'm missing but I don't have time to look for them now. Will do so later.

Also, I noticed that the "generic" smileys look very different than the ones in the "classic" list. Is there any way of making them look more graphically consistent with the classic ones?

rockin

Does the "Recent discussion" block at the very bottom help? Is it the same thing you are looking for?

It was something like the Recent Discussions, but it filled the whole page rather than being a small box at the bottom of the page. It showed a lot more threads at once, showed whether there were new posts on the thread, and was my home page from which I used the forum. I did also have a separate tab on my browser, on which I just had the UK Release Dates Discussion, since that was one I use all the time.

As regards how the pages show on people's browsers, I am using Firefox on Windows XP (having to use my netbook as I haven't yet got my main computer up and running again since the hard drive died) and the posts are very narrow, with the ad space taking up about a third of the width of the page. The screen resolution on this netbook is 1024 x 600. The Reply box seems rather small compared to on the old platform, too.

Unlike many on here, I have little interest in "emojis" (I prefer the name 'emoticons') and I never access the internet on my phone, so those aspects don't bother me.

BuickMackane

4. For private messages, is there a way to reconvert messages with the same title and with the same forum user back to the conversation style as opposed to having 100 individual messages in the inbox? It was a lot easier to track a private conversation when they were grouped together.

I used to love this feature of the old site. Such a shame that it's not easily implementable in the new platform. Ah well, we can't have it all :)

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
This can happen due to two issues:
1. You have been auto logged out (due to inactivity of 15 minutes)
2. You have changed password and your session was destroyed.

Either way, using "remember me" during login should help.

Does this help? We know the icons are a bit small and not very self-explanatory. We will take care of it later.

View attachment 50146

View attachment 50147

We have enabled it for everyone by default.

Apart from "Edit ignore list" from your settings, you can go to anyone's profile and click "add to ignore list."

Unfortunately, we are not using any mobile mode. We are using a technique known as "responsive design" where the page adopts to your screen size. We know there are places (esp settings) where it is not optimized properly and these will be worked on.

The ones you are looking for...are listed here? http://www.specktra.net/misc.php?do=getsmilies&editorid=vB_Editor_QR

If not, can you give some exact names?

We have added this at the bottom of all pages.

Does the "Recent discussion" block at the very bottom help? Is it the same thing you are looking for?

Subs are visible in "settings" now. It is not intuitive but we will work on that. We did import all your subscriptions though :)

It will be back in due time.

You can type
Code:
Yes<space><space><space><space><space><space><space><space><space><space>.
if you prefer ;)

We will get those issues fixed soon. Thanks!

Great, thank you! Mine wasn't set that way by deault yesterday.

I used to love this feature of the old site. Such a shame that it's not easily implementable in the new platform. Ah well, we can't have it all :)

I very much preferred the 'old style' messages too. Now I have over 4,000. :jawsdown: All still showing as unread.

Corally

A screenshot would help along with your display resolution and browser.

Browser is Firefox, resolution is 1366 x 768 and here's the screenshot:

2015-11-24_17-15-51.jpg

As you can see it works just fine but it doesn't fill up the width of the forum. Don't know if this was intented or not.

Vineetha

Great, thank you! Mine wasn't set that way by deault yesterday.

I very much preferred the 'old style' messages too. Now I have over 4,000. :jawsdown: All still showing as unread.
i emptied the folder because i cannot stand unread prompts and pending notifications :cool: :D I am sure i deleted something i wanted too well...

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
i emptied the folder because i cannot stand unread prompts and pending notifications :cool: :D I am sure i deleted something i wanted too well...

That always bothers me too, lol. I started to go through them all and mark them as read, but that is a little much. I don't want to delete them all, so I'm hoping this is something that will be fixed as well.

Honi

Browser is Firefox, resolution is 1366 x 768 and here's the screenshot:

View attachment 50152

As you can see it works just fine but it doesn't fill up the width of the forum. Don't know if this was intented or not.
Looks like that for me aswell but only because the right side has adverts, do you have an adblocker?

lilinah

Hi, glad Specktra is back, but...

1. I am not getting notifications from my subscribed boards. I have to hunt down specktra and then search for the boards. I used to get one daily notice with all my subscribed boards listed.

2. I seem to be locked out of some of the boards i was subscribed to. For example, i cannot read the Dark Desires board... and i just got an e-mail from MAC that the collection is available on-line, so i wanted to see what people were saying. When i search for Dark Desires i only get the promo pic and the list of items in the collection. I cannot read the comments.

ETA: And it doesn't show up in my on-line list of subscribed boards.

Last edited:

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
Hi, glad Specktra is back, but...

1. I am not getting notifications from my subscribed boards. I have to hunt down specktra and then search for the boards. I used to get one daily notice with all my subscribed boards listed.

2. I seem to be locked out of some of the boards i was subscribed to. For example, i cannot read the Dark Desires board... and i just got an e-mail from MAC that the collection is available on-line, so i wanted to see what people were saying. When i search for Dark Desires i only get the promo pic and the list of items in the collection. I cannot read the comments.

ETA: And it doesn't show up in my on-line list of subscribed boards.

This is a general issue, that thread is not accessible at the moment, we're working on it. Sorry for the inconvenience, everyone!

Latest posts