Report issues, feedback and suggestions with the "new" site here!

Vineetha

Oh ok, I prefer to see only the subscriptions, especially since I have to refresh the page to see if there are new posts now.

Thank you! I didn't notice it there. How did you quote multiple people? I had to copy-paste now :D

Also is the forum too big only for my monitor?
View attachment 50131
I'm not sure why some of the threads are highlighted.
And last question - can we change the size of the pictures? The old pictures are normal-sized, which makes me think that there is a way to do that.
M the home page of settings takes us to just the subscribed posts with new posts(substitute for activity)! And just below it You have the option to expand the tab to see all the subscribed threads too!! :D

boschicka

Forgive me, but when you are all referring to subscriptions, are you talking about when you actively subscribed to a thread by pressing the subscribe button or just the summary page under your profile of all the places you posted? I hope that makes sense. I'm really great with change and new technology, lol!

jillybean

Yes So much!! Its hard trying to figure out where the new posts start esp when it is an active thread. For now if you go to "general settings" and scroll down there is an option to change "Thread display mode". if you keep that to "Linear-newest first" it will take you to the last post instead of the first page first post!!
I must have the dumb because I can't figure this out. I miss logging in and hitting the 'new posts' or whatever it was called. I don't even know where to go now. The 'what's new' isn't the same but hopefully this can be fixed at some point, I know this was a huge undertaking!

Vineetha

Forgive me, but when you are all referring to subscriptions, are you talking about when you actively subscribed to a thread by pressing the subscribe button or just the summary page under your profile of all the places you posted? I hope that makes sense. I'm really great with change and new technology, lol!
:D both! Leaving a comment would by default subscribe you to the thread (unless you changed the settings) ! So the cumulation of actively subscribed plus the threads you comment on would be the total threads subscribed to!! That's what would be listed under subscriptions :) ( pretty sure I complicated it for you :hehe: )

Vineetha

I must have the dumb because I can't figure this out. I miss logging in and hitting the 'new posts' or whatever it was called. I don't even know where to go now. The 'what's new' isn't the same but hopefully this can be fixed at some point, I know this was a huge undertaking!
On the left side of this page (below link) you can find the options for your subscriptions as well private messages. Hth

http://www.specktra.net/usercp.php

lilinah

I'm no longer getting notifications via e-mail that there are new posts in my subscribed boards. I had to search for specktra.net on google to find you! Is there something i need to adjust in my settings?

And, i am so relieved to have Specktra back! i was really starting to miss it!

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
View attachment 50117

I had this pop up while browsing, but had multiple tabs open so not sure what caused this. I changed my password, so that might be it, although this popped up several seconds after.

Had that pop up again while just browsing the site.
Also got this when I cklicked on ''View Site Leaders'':

specktra6.jpg

ETA: The search function is not really working for me. I only get forum names as results but looks like I can't find thread titles.

Last edited:

Honi

I keep getting spammed with emails from new posts in my subscribed threads, but the first thing I did was to remove all "Recieve Email" options so I wouldnt get any (Under settings). My Default subscription mode is set to "Through my control panel only". HELP! Ive gotten like three this past hour and I got plenty of emails to keep track off already :/

Corally

I keep getting spammed with emails from new posts in my subscribed threads, but the first thing I did was to remove all "Recieve Email" options so I wouldnt get any (Under settings). My Default subscription mode is set to "Through my control panel only". HELP! Ive gotten like three this past hour and I got plenty of emails to keep track off already :/

I have the same problem! My Default subscription mode is also set to Through my control panel only and I got an e-mail too for the new posts in the nail polish thread lol.

Mindose

I confess myself inflamed from the expected return of the forum. A passion but by no means a "low blow." Everything is re-adjusted, I found the forum almost as before.
Thank Shellygrrl, Janice and especially Naynadine with their posts that informed me :
<< BBcode Was in use on the old platform, too. You're referring to the use of a WYSIWYG editor to do everything for you. You just-have to tun it on.
Please read Janice's post again. You CAN still do Virtually everything you want.
>>
<< I think if you enable '' Enhanced Enhanced Interface Interface - Full WYSIWYG. '' Under '' General seetings '' you shoulds be ble to see the emojis >>
Here are the settings to Image :
Capturer1.jpg Capturer2.jpg Capturer3.jpg Capturer4.jpg
Best regards.

Anneri

I have the same problem like honi and corally - I changed my settings, but I'm still getting emails. Gah! Help?

Vineetha

I have the same problem like honi and corally - I changed my settings, but I'm still getting emails. Gah! Help?

Same issue here. I have set my settings to "control center notification only" but i get emails on every new thread update :(

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
Same issue here. I have set my settings to "control center notification only" but i get emails on every new thread update :(

Hopefully that can be resolved soon. I only reveived two emails and clicked the unsubscribe link in those and haven't gotten any since.

mkoparanova

Hopefully that can be resolved soon. I only reveived two emails and clicked the unsubscribe link in those and haven't gotten any since.

Isn't that for unsubscribing from threads? At least that's what it says:
"To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit this page:"

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
Isn't that for unsubscribing from threads? At least that's what it says:
"To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit this page:"

Yes. I'm just saying I didn't receive any more than these two emails, seems like others keep getting more?

Shars

Hello. So far, these are a few qualms I have:
1. I'm having trouble locating the equivalent page where I can manage all my subscriptions at once. Meaning: the changeover has set my email preferences to be updated daily as the default. I don't want this. Before, we had one page where we could edit all the subscription email notifications in one go. Now, I have to go to the last page of the thread in order to change my preference.
2. When we signed in on the old system, there was direct link to see your subscriptions. Now, you have to go to settings and then go to view all subscriptions. It isn't a big deal, but it would be good if we could go straight to the subscriptions.
3. There is permanent ad space now which makes the page too wide! So we have to keep scrolling left and right to view all the page content. I have found it too wide both on a pc, laptop and mobile phone. Perhaps the coding should be set so that the page width isn't permanently set and/or adjusts to the user's monitor resolution.
4. For private messages, is there a way to reconvert messages with the same title and with the same forum user back to the conversation style as opposed to having 100 individual messages in the inbox? It was a lot easier to track a private conversation when they were grouped together.

These are just a few things I found off the bat. I will post again if I have any other issues.

Shars

It seems like you have to reset it to "through my control panel only" on each individual thread - which is a PAIN!

mkoparanova

It seems like you have to reset it to "through my control panel only" on each individual thread - which is a PAIN!

You can go to your subscriptions, select all and then change it at the bottom - selected threads - through my control panel only

Yes. I'm just saying I didn't receive any more than these two emails, seems like others keep getting more?

Oh, I had emails in the mornings, I haven't received more.

And I still can't figure out how to quote more than 1 person.

Latest posts