Makeup suggestions needed please

Trashcult

Have ever tried a bold lip? Looks great when the rest of your make up is kept soft. Classic look!

shellygrrl

Staff member
I think my skintone is similar to yours, though my undertones are a bit more on the beige/neutral side. And I'm a brunette.

Eyes: Greens and golds definitely suit redheads. (And the greens don't have to be bright greens; darker, pine greens or olive greens would work.) Purple tones suit virtually everyone. I'd recommend going with warmer, red-based purples to start. And there are always tans and browns. (A dark brown eyeliner or eyeshadow used on the lashline would be a great alternative to black.) A must-have would be a matte eyeshadow that is the same, or close to, your skintone. You can use it to blend harsh lines when you're doing eye looks, or you can simply put some on for a little something on your lid, if you don't want to go with bare lids, and add mascara. (Eyeshadow-wise, Makeup Geek has a good variety of shades for a very reasonable price at $6 USD each. Inglot's eyeshadows are also supposed to be very good, and also inexpensive at $7 USD each.)

Lips: If you want to play with a little bit of colour, orange corals are a great place to start. I like NARS Satin Lip Pencil in Lodhi; it's an orange coral, but it's not so bright that it's in-your-face. You could also go for a more pinky coral (e.g., Maybelline Color Sensational Vivids in Shocking Coral). Or you can always opt for a My Lips But Better (MLBB) shade, which will depend on the natural colour of your lips.

Cheeks: Peaches and corals! Also, warm pinks.

These aren't hard-and-fast rules, of course. Play with makeup/with colours and find out what you like. It'll be the only surefire way to figure things out. If you love your neutrals, that's cool! If you want to experiment with colour, do so!

Latest posts