MAC Flamingo Park Collection (Jan. 28, 2016)

hitchcockblonde

I'm sorry I forgot about this! Here are swatches of Spring Flock with some other recent corals.

Bottom to Top: Hipness, Ripe Peach (Toledo, combined), Spring Flock, Spellbinder, Freshen Up (combined).

View attachment 52037

I included FU because I remember it's watching very very similarly to Crisp Whites. And FU looks very similar to SF, IMHO. It looks darker because it got swatched a little heavier. I think if you have CW, you probably do not need SF.

Thanks so much for the swatches! I think I can safely skip Spring Flock. What I Fancy came on Friday but I kind of wish I had skipped it too. Haven't swatched it yet but it seems pretty meh.

GreenEyedAllie

Thanks so much for the swatches! I think I can safely skip Spring Flock. What I Fancy came on Friday but I kind of wish I had skipped it too. Haven't swatched it yet but it seems pretty meh.

You're welcome! Yeah, I wish I hadn't got SF...just not exciting and not working for me.

ahoythere

All I got was This Could be Fun blush, and I'm not finding it terribly unique. I agree with Miss Dynamite that it just looks like a really bright pink on the cheeks, no violet or orchid tones to be seen :/ Bummer.

Marsha Pomells

All I got was This Could be Fun blush, and I'm not finding it terribly unique. I agree with Miss Dynamite that it just looks like a really bright pink on the cheeks, no violet or orchid tones to be seen :/ Bummer.

If it says violet-purple, I expect to see violet-purple. As stated earlier in thread, that colour description person needs a refresher on the colour wheel and should've just said 'straight up magenta'.

lumaday

Awe mine is coming tomorrow, I was really hoping for a fun violet shade. Guess I'll just have to see how it looks. At least Nordstrom is less than 10 minutes from me so it'll be easy to return if I need to.

bluelitzer

Awe, the thread seems to have slowed down. Looking at past spring collections, I feel like people aren't as excited about any MAC collection as it used to be 2-4 years ago. :(

montREALady

Even when I swatched them I had a hard time remembering which was which between it and Let's Be Friends.

leonah

I'm not that excited for this I will probably just get the what I fancy blush and pearl blossom bp. maaaybee the other bp in sunny surprise but it doesn't have any shimmer in it so not sure

montREALady

Awe, the thread seems to have slowed down. Looking at past spring collections, I feel like people aren't as excited about any MAC collection as it used to be 2-4 years ago. :(

I think a lot also has to do with the new forum format. I don't participate as much because it's a pain via mobile and I'm on my phone a lot after hours when I'm not at work.

Honi

I'm not that excited for this I will probably just get the what I fancy blush and pearl blossom bp. maaaybee the other bp in sunny surprise but it doesn't have any shimmer in it so not sure

Seems we have the same plan then!

ahoythere

Exactly. Straight Up Magenta. It's like they are trying to trick us into buying things that sound purple because they know we are all crazy for it.....BUT WHY DON'T THEY JUST MAKE THEM PURPLE IN THE FIRST PLACE???????

If it says violet-purple, I expect to see violet-purple. As stated earlier in thread, that colour description person needs a refresher on the colour wheel and should've just said 'straight up magenta'.

Marsha Pomells

Exactly. Straight Up Magenta. It's like they are trying to trick us into buying things that sound purple because they know we are all crazy for it.....BUT WHY DON'T THEY JUST MAKE THEM PURPLE IN THE FIRST PLACE???????

RIGHT... I would love to see the day, that a colour description would actually match what's in the palette/tube/whatever the product comes in.

If MAC ever decides that they need people to actually describe a colour, count me in... Along with quite a few of us on here... Hell... We'll do a better job than the person doing it.

awickedshape

I think a lot also has to do with the new forum format. I don't participate as much because it's a pain via mobile and I'm on my phone a lot after hours when I'm not at work.

You know, it's better for me on mobile.
When I right click on the blue button on the PC to open in a new tab it takes me to the top of the page, never to the first unread post.
Still need the gallery back and for improved search

electrostars

NW20 Blondes.. What are your favorite lipsticks/blushes from this collection? :D I'm trying to narrow it down to a couple of things. lol

Latest posts