MAC Flamingo Park Collection (Jan. 28, 2016)

Marsha Pomells

TCBF is a let down and a skip from me, I don't see any purple in it :(. It's more pink than anything else.

Last edited:

GreenEyedAllie

TCBF is a let down and a skip from me, I don't see any purple in it :(. It's more pink than anything else.

I would caution you to still try to swatch it as between her skin tone and lighting, everything runs hella warm on T. I do think it will still be a purple-leaning pink rather than a pink-leaning purple, though.

Marsha Pomells

I would caution you to still try to swatch it as between her skin tone and lighting, everything runs hella warm on T. I do think it will still be a purple-leaning pink rather than a pink-leaning purple, though.

True, just waiting for Karen to do swatches.

The colour description guy could've just said 'straight up magenta'. It even looks magenta in the pan, no 'soft violet-purple' in my eyes. Hell... It's the same shade of magenta as Have Your Cake.

bluelitzer

Have Your Cake kind of makes me want to go back and whip out Daddy's Little Girl from Archie's Girl. Same vibes, but HYC seems to have more depth to it like Flat Out Fabulous.

B

Buffy89

I think my list is down to 3 blushes and a beautypowder.

In case there really are no single eyeshadows, I'd like the two peachy blushes and the peachy beautypowder. Dunno why, but I guess you like those too? :stickpoke:
The other items are too bright and pigmented to suit me. But it's great to see some brights again because lots of you ladies here seem to be happy about them!

AnitaK

I think I'm getting Let's be Friends and Life's a Picnic blushes...still contemplating the lipsticks though

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
In case there really are no single eyeshadows, I'd like the two peachy blushes and the peachy beautypowder. Dunno why, but I guess you like those too? :stickpoke:
The other items are too bright and pigmented to suit me. But it's great to see some brights again because lots of you ladies here seem to be happy about them!

Yes to everything peachy! Although the lightest blush looks kinda dry... The swatches have confused me, not sure what I want anymore. Def the peach BP, but don't know what to do about the blushes.

OctoberViolet

Well. I guess This Could Be Fun Blush is a skip. MAC needs to learn what the shade(s) violet, purple, lavender, lilac, orchard are because that violet blush is definitely not violet, but pink.:marchmellow:

Kaidan

I'm going to wreck my wallet with this collection. :D My list for sure: Be Silly, The Fashion Flock, Flamingo Park 9x palette, Sunny Surprise BP, Life's a Picnic, and Spring Flock. Maybe list: What I Fancy, Have Your Cake (if it's not a Daddy's Little Girl dupe), Let's Be Friends, This Could Be Fun (if it's not a Briar Rose BP dupe), Nice To Meet You, or any of the other crèmesheen pearl lipsticks. They should have added Flamingo to the lipstick list instead of Please Me, but I guess everyone is fed up with Spring lustres.

Marsha Pomells

Well. I guess This Could Be Fun Blush is a skip. MAC needs to learn what the shade(s) violet, purple, lavender, lilac, orchard are because that violet blush is definitely not violet, but pink.:marchmellow:

So it's not just me that thought that. This colour description idiot need a slap or 2 round his/her head. *insert killer side eye*

Sweetyellow

I love a lot of the lipsticks and maybe 2 of the blushes. The beauty powder Sunny Surprise looks a little flat though and I prefer the ones that have a bit of a sheen so that's a skip.

Corally

So after seeing swatches my list went down to:
- Sunny Surprise beauty powder -> maybe, looks really meh so far
- Spring Flock blush
- Oh, My! blush - sucks that the blush I want the most is MAC online exclusive, I really hope I'm able to get it
- Life's A Picnic blush -> maybe

Last edited:

Corally

No worries, Corally. My list has shrunk slightly... All thanks to a swatch MAC calls 'soft purple-violet'... Soft purple-violet my backside *side eye seeing that Apple emojis are useless on here now*

LOL. MAC and their color descriptions. :snooty: My list has halved already! And it'll probably get even shorter.

Marsha Pomells

LOL. MAC and their color descriptions. :snooty: My list has halved already! And it'll probably get even shorter.

I am just gonna concentrate on the lipsticks. I got Chris Chang to look forward to... Even though I'm only picking up all of the lipstick and a CCB. MAC hasn't really wowed me this year.

Latest posts