MAC Flamingo Park Collection (Jan. 28, 2016)

singer82

Wow realized I haven't bought MAC since July, and that was just Heaux. Been awhile since I've stalked a collection.

I got Have your cake, Long legged and fabulous , What I fancy, and threw in The fashion flock.
Had to make two orders cause I didn't have enough in bank. Hope that they come on the same day haha

Happy Hauling everyone! :heart:

GreenEyedAllie

Yay! Placed my order with free second-day and Valentine's wrapping paper! I got Flocking Fabulous, The Fashion Flock, Long-Legged and Fabulous, Life's A PicNic, Spring Flock, and This Could Be Fun. I had Playful Petal in there, too, but I think I need to check that one out in person. Same for Have Your Cake since I have Bite Beauty 010. Have fun hauling everyone!

Vineetha

picked up just Oh my Blush! Have your cake, Spring Flock and Be Silly I think i will get from nordstrom/Macys!

Odelia

Thank you for reminding about the express code and Valentine's gift wrap! :heart:
Just placed my order and can't wait to get everything!

Rinstar

Yay! Placed my order with free second-day and Valentine's wrapping paper! I got Flocking Fabulous, The Fashion Flock, Long-Legged and Fabulous, Life's A PicNic, Spring Flock, and This Could Be Fun. I had Playful Petal in there, too, but I think I need to check that one out in person. Same for Have Your Cake since I have Bite Beauty 010. Have fun hauling everyone!

I looooooove Playful Petal! I would buy it again, except I bought two when it came out in Fantasy of Flowers, so I'm good. I loved that collection... I think I'll do a FoF look today!

montREALady

Is Fashion Flock (bright pink coral, matte) anything like Make Me Gorgeous (intense coral pink, amplified) from MIB? Anyone do swatch comparisons of them?

HYC is gorg but I know I have many along those lines, from MAC alone off the top of my head, FOF and Hollywood Cerise... I keep gravitating towards Please Me, every time it comes out! I need to just get it already. I think I'll get LL&F in the lipsticks and Oh, My! and Life's a Picnic in the blushes.

Last edited:

OctoberViolet

Good morning. So I had only wanted to order two of the lippies: Have your Cake and Be Silly. Somehow The Fashion Flock ended up in my cart. :catdance:

I'm skipping the blushes for now. Hoping for some more blushes with new shades to come out in a future collection.

Happy hauling, everyone!

ramarose

Just ordered Long Legged & Fabulous and Have Your Cake... why must lipsticks be so addictive?
Also I don't think I will ever need to buy primer or strobe cream again thanks to these endless samples...

verorl

I wanted more ítems but due to a cash shortage, had to settle on Oh My!, which is online exclusive, Spring Flock and What I fancy, which were my absolute must haves from the collection.

If I can, I will purchse all th other blushes and some of the lipsticks from Nordstrom or when they make it to Mexico.

GreenEyedAllie

I looooooove Playful Petal! I would buy it again, except I bought two when it came out in Fantasy of Flowers, so I'm good. I loved that collection... I think I'll do a FoF look today!

Oh, I didn't realize it was a repromote! I'm glad to hear you like it so much since you and I tend to like similar things (glad to see you loved Spellbinder :D).

Is Fashion Flock (bright pink coral, matte) anything like Make Me Gorgeous (intense coral pink, amplified) from MIB? Anyone do swatch comparisons of them?

HYC is gorg but I know I have many along those lines, from MAC alone off the top of my head, FOF and Hollywood Cerise... I keep gravitating towards Please Me, every time it comes out! I need to just get it already. I think I'll get LL&F in the lipsticks and Oh, My! and Life's a Picnic in the blushes.

I was worried about that, too, but I ultimately decided to get it. Since I have MMG, I will be happy to do a swatch comparison for you. I am a ghostie, though. I'm hopefully that they're not TOO similar because despite whatever else people don't like about T, her dupe comparisons are usually correct for me, and MMG wasn't in the immediate list.

Screen Shot 2016-01-28 at 10.45.39 AM.png

From Temptalia's swatch comparison tool. The Fashion Flock on the left and MMG on the right....I've caught the tiny picture disease as well, it seems. Luckily the shades are different enough that you can see it from the tiny pics, I think.

Last edited:

montREALady

Just ordered Long Legged & Fabulous and Have Your Cake... why must lipsticks be so addictive?
Also I don't think I will ever need to buy primer or strobe cream again thanks to these endless samples...

OMG so true re the samples! I now use them on clients, lmaooo! Girl, I'm tempted to get those two as well with my gift card. Otherwise I'll wait for Nordies.

montREALady

Oh, I didn't realize it was a repromote! I'm glad to hear you like it so much since you and I tend to like similar things (glad to see you loved Spellbinder :D).

I was worried about that, too, but I ultimately decided to get it. Since I have MMG, I will be happy to do a swatch comparison for you. I am a ghostie, though. I'm hopefully that they're not TOO similar because despite whatever else people don't like about T, her dupe comparisons are usually correct for me, and MMG wasn't in the immediate list.

View attachment 51783

From Temptalia's swatch comparison tool. The Fashion Flock on the left and MMG on the right....I've caught the tiny picture disease as well, it seems. Luckily the shades are different enough that you can see it from the tiny pics, I think.

Thanks! I could have used the tool too but wanted to see from one of you ladies since sometimes I don't trust T's swatches. So The Fashion Flock is a little paler...hmmm, looks like something...VG Nicki M? Also this Wet n Wild that I have, Pinkerbell (dupe of the Nicki)...which I guess is more pink than coral, but the same vibe.
Wet-n-Wild-Pinkerbell.jpg
(pic courtesy of vampyvarnish.com)

wnw4.jpg
(credit to the above)

Kaidan

Just ordered the 9x palette, The Fashion Flock, and What I Fancy. :yay::dogdance::cowdance::catdance: I'm short of funds right now, so I hope everything is still available next week.

stirfryedshana

I think Make Me Gorgeous is definitely darker and not as bright as The Fashion Flock...not sure about how it would compare to VG Nicki but I will do swatches of all 3 once I get my order! I really want to see how it compares to my dream lipstick Betty Bright that I've been trying to get for forever! On T's site it looked pretty similar.

Latest posts