MAC Flamingo Park Collection (Jan. 28, 2016)

stirfryedshana

I didn't even realize the blush finishes were messed up. I just checked mine and it says Spring Flock is a matte and What I Fancy is a satin--they do both look like mattes, I would say. I'm okay with mattes but I wish they were satin with at least a little sheen. They're both gorgeous though!

Got Be Silly in the mail today so I'll do some pink comparison swatches later. It's slightly more magenta than I imagined, I think it might end up being closer to Good Kisser lipstick than No Faux Pas. Still need to get Have Your Cake and Flocking Fabulous!

montREALady

If you're on the fence about Have Your Cake, here's a comparison swatch. Like what people say, it's more violet while Hollywood Cerise is more magenta and FOF is (on me at least) just straight out deep pink. Moxie doesn't seem to be similar at all.
View attachment 52139
View attachment 52138
HYC is gorg.

Besides saying matte on the packaging, mine is chalky, dry, flat, totally matte. It's a big part of why I'm debating a return.

This Could Be Fun and Life's A Pic Nic also say matte on the packaging, but they apply more similar to the satins I have.
The Spring Flock that I swatched in the store was definitely a satin, What I Fancy was chalky on me.

montREALady

Hm.. this makes me reconsider Spring Flock. I love matte blushes but not chalky and dry ones. :( The only things that are still on my list are Spring Flock and Oh My but after reading this I might only get Oh My..

So weird, the SF I swatched in the store was a satin and had a sheen and why I was even considering getting it. Oh, My! I have and it's gorg!!

stirfryedshana

So weird, the SF I swatched in the store was a satin and had a sheen and why I was even considering getting it. Oh, My! I have and it's gorg!!

So there's literally two different versions of Spring Flock? I definitely would have preferred a satin over the matte that I got -_-

xochtl

That's so weird about Spring Flock! I saw a swatch on instagram where it had a lovely sheen but when I swatched it in the store it was very, very matte.

I ended up passing on all of the blushes in this collection. I just wasn't feeling the bright cheek colors. Wished there had been at least one that was more soft and muted.

montREALady

So there's literally two different versions of Spring Flock? I definitely would have preferred a satin over the matte that I got -_-

That's so weird about Spring Flock! I saw a swatch on instagram where it had a lovely sheen but when I swatched it in the store it was very, very matte.

I ended up passing on all of the blushes in this collection. I just wasn't feeling the bright cheek colors. Wished there had been at least one that was more soft and muted.

OMG! I swatched it twice, once from Macy's and the other from the MAC store and both had a nice sheen. It was the nice sheen from my Macy's swatch that made me go swatch it and the other lighter colors again. I have video on my IG (link below) and you can see it, actually click here for my YT vid. I doubt it's because they're testers and people fiddled with them?

stirfryedshana

OMG! I swatched it twice, once from Macy's and the other from the MAC store and both had a nice sheen. It was the nice sheen from my Macy's swatch that made me go swatch it and the other lighter colors again. I have video on my IG (link below) and you can see it, actually click here for my YT vid. I doubt it's because they're testers and people fiddled with them?

Wow, that's definitely different than mine! I'll have to take a swatch of mine tomorrow.

C

cruzannurse

My Spring Flock that I ordered online says matte behind the container, but it has a lot of sheen to it. Mine is no where near chalky! The one MAC sent me is DEFINITELY a SATIN!!..

verorl

Went in to check on my Spring Flock and it is labeled as a Matte, yet it has the sheen when swatched. It is even visible on the pan.

I used it the other day when I was starting a cold, so I have no recollection of what it looked like on. I just set it aside to use again and will see of the sheen shows up on the cheeks as well.

my What I Fancy is labeled Matte as well, yet when swatched has a slight sheen. SF is more of a satin, though.

stirfryedshana

Okay I just checked mine again -- my Spring Flock is labeled Matte, and it actually does have a slight sheen to it, but nowhere near what I've seen in other swatches. It definitely looks matte on my cheeks, but when watched it's sort of like a matte just verging on being a satin. My What I Fancy is labeled a satin, but is definitely a matte with absolutely no sheen to it.

Whatever, they're both super pretty colors and I'm glad I got them...I just do wish they were both a little more satin-like as I have such dry skin! It's so weird that MAC does this though.

laralara

Sorry if this has already been mentioned but what's going on with the single eyeshadows? I thought/hoped we were getting these as well. Does anyone know if we are getting these or if they are released at a later date? Thank you :)

B

Buffy89

Sorry if this has already been mentioned but what's going on with the single eyeshadows? I thought/hoped we were getting these as well. Does anyone know if we are getting these or if they are released at a later date? Thank you :)

I think the US is getting the palette while Europe will get the single shadows.

bluelitzer

MAC collections never sell out anymore. I feel like the last few ones that did quickly were Julia Petit/ Bao Bao Wan/Cinderella. Decline of the empire? :(

montREALady

MAC collections never sell out anymore. I feel like the last few ones that did quickly were Julia Petit/ Bao Bao Wan/Cinderella. Decline of the empire? :(

Unless it's special packaging no one cares. Because quite frankly, everything they put out is dupeable. Then the ones in special packaging lately have been boring to me, nudes/neutrals. People like unique colors and special packaging. JP had great stuff, BBW too, Cinderella was more for the fact that it was Cinderella than unique colors for me. The fact that Evening Rendezvous is still there is a little bizarre though. Unless they went nuts for the holidays producing those when at that point people were interested in buying other things...or just tired of that shade. Really is unpredictable, hahaha!

Miss Dynamite

Tried to buy The Fashion Flock tonight, but for some reason...no matter what I do, the lipstick comes up as $104 in my bag. WTF MAC???

Latest posts