MAC Flamingo Park Collection (Jan. 28, 2016)

Marsha Pomells

I'm guessing either MAC made a mistake when sending the info out...like they often do, or it will become permanent after this. I really wish they would make all of the blushes permanent.

Agreed, I do like the look of This Looks Like Fun. We'll just have to wait and see what they say about the blushes and Silly becoming permanent.

rockin

I'm confused about the eyeshadows, too. I like the look of the x9, but noticed that some of the colours had also been touted as single shadows. I would rather have the single shadows, to be honest, because of the size of each one.

Corally

When something is online exclusive, is it's not exclusive to MAC online right? Just saw that The Fashion Flock and Oh, My! are online exclusives.

ramarose

I feel like MAC is waiting longer and longer to release information... Also, specktra keeps redirecting me to the App Store and crashing my phone which is highly annoying. I expect this when I watch Game of Thrones illegally online, not from specktra.

OctoberViolet

Holy smokes! I really am loving the shades of the collection. I'm still unsure what I want from it. Maybe two or three lippies and a blush. I wish that violet blush looked a little more violet and less pink. I hate purples that have too much pink in them.

hitchcockblonde

I feel like MAC is waiting longer and longer to release information... Also, specktra keeps redirecting me to the App Store and crashing my phone which is highly annoying. I expect this when I watch Game of Thrones illegally online, not from specktra.

Ugh that was happening to me all day yesterday, so frustrating.

hitchcockblonde

Well, there aren't any single eyeshadows in this, this blog I found has a full color story.
http://swatchandreview.com/mac-cosmetics-flamingo-park-collection-info/

Definitely getting the 9x palette.
I'm super confused though, because there's been pictures of the single eyeshadows.

Well even in the promo image given to bloggers it looks like there are single shadows. So weird.

spring2016_macflamingopark004.jpg

Heidi K

Sooo much piiiiiink. :doh:

I'd like to see more swatches of the lipsticks.

I'm glad pink swoon is being promoted with this collection, I thought I was discontinued. I dunno. I've been out of the loop on MAC since before Christmas.

Last edited:

Miradan

I was going to skip this collection, and I may yet, but right now being drawn to LL&F and Have Your Cake. Can't wait to see the reviews!

Edited: did a comparison of Have Your Cake and Evening Rendezvous -- HYC is warmer than ER, which is about as warm a purple as I can pull off, and HYC is brighter too, which isn't necessarily good for me. Scratching it off my list; waiting to see the review of LL&F, which I don't have anything resembling.

Last edited:

mango13

I wasn't going to get anything from this collection, but that eyeshadow palette looks awesome. I just really wish that blue was replaced with a different color.

GreenEyedAllie

Ugh that was happening to me all day yesterday, so frustrating.

Yeah, I mentioned it on the 'issues' thread, and no one responded. It makes mobile unusable.

sungelly87

Here's my list:

Lipstick:
Have Your Cake bright magenta (matte)

Cremesheen Gloss:
Sweet Tooth warm mid-tone pink

Blushes:
Life’s A Picnic hot reddish pink (satin)
What I Fancy soft bright apricot (satin)
This Could Be Fun soft violet-purple (satin)
Spring Flock light bright coral (satin)
Oh, My! reddish mid-tone coral (satin)

Gonna need swatches to narrow down the blush choices! This is a blushaholics dream! I can already tell that this is gonna be one of my favorite MAC collections. Hopefully it's a start of a great year.

Latest posts