MAC Flamingo Park Collection (Jan. 28, 2016)

fabulousmoolah

I got my stuff yesterday and I wouldn't describe Flocking Fabulous as red by any stretch. It's a coral pink and in no way whatsoever red or reddish or dark enough to be mistaken for a red. Nice to meet you is a nice red though, it's one that you can wear anytime that doesn't scream LOOK AT MY RED LIPS.

Nessy

Both of these are going to be really pigmented and intense. I'm super pale and tend to love colors like this. I tend to use a dual fiber brush, lightly apply, and blend blend blend.

I agree. There are maybe hints of purple/cooler tones when I apply, but ultimately when I blend it out it just looks like a strong bright pink. I also find how it looks is very dependent on what light I am in. It looks flat hot pink in my bathroom, but in natural light, more cooler tones poke through.

I'm somewhere around NW10 or 15 and I got This Could Be Fun, I posted a swatch a couple pages back...it's not purply at all, it's just a normal pink color and looks fine on my cheeks. When I opened my box, I actually thought they had sent me Let's Be Friends instead because it looks the same as the pics I've seen of it online.

Thank you! I will pop back and have a look, very very tempted by it I have to say! Now just need to learn how to wear a blush properly!

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
My items came today!

Spring Flock and Long Legged & Fabulous

View attachment 51887

Left is Spring Flock, right is Long Legged & Fabulous (I'm around NW 10)

View attachment 51888

Sorry-no time to chat--I have swatches but they aren't labelled/edited and might not be depending on my work schedule over the next few days. here's some quick product shots cause I love you all.
View attachment 51889

Blush comparison on my NW15 skin:

View attachment 51904

Thanks for all the swatches, ladies! I keep changing my list, I didn't realize some of the blushes were matte. I think I'll get What I Fancy and Life's A Picnic, and then try to get Sunny Surprise when it launches at Douglas since I have some gift cards to spend there. Might throw the nude e/s in my cart then too.

stirfryedshana

Are my swatches not showing up? Maybe I did something wrong while posting them.

EDIT: Wait, I think I fixed them, not sure what was happening with them before!

Last edited:

montREALady

Oh My! blush on NW45:

837febf7-a7f4-4cea-a2b7-703be62d413e_wm.jpg

d56daeaf-cd48-484c-b018-77ea3db261cd_wm.jpg

037380a5-63dd-4e5b-a548-ef75c8cc70f5_wm.jpg
Left row is how I left home, then I got under work lighting and shrieked so the left row is after I blotted it a bit

AdelieDragon

I got my stuff yesterday and I wouldn't describe Flocking Fabulous as red by any stretch. It's a coral pink and in no way whatsoever red or reddish or dark enough to be mistaken for a red. Nice to meet you is a nice red though, it's one that you can wear anytime that doesn't scream LOOK AT MY RED LIPS.

OMG, my thoughts EXACTLY regarding "Flocking Fabulous." I see no red in it whatsoever LOL. It kind of reminds me of "Toying Around" but I haven't actually compared them so I could be totally off as usual lol. I wore FF to work yesterday and it pulled more orange than pink on me (at least in my job's lighting) but my skin brings out the orange in all my makeup for some unfortunate reason. I wanted to take pics of the four lipsticks I got but it's gloomy as f--- as usual -_- Still wondering if I should get "Be Silly" or not.

Shars

Oh My! blush on NW45:

View attachment 51913

View attachment 51914

View attachment 51915
Left row is how I left home, then I got under work lighting and shrieked so the left row is after I blotted it a bit

Hmmmm. Somehow I was thinking this was going to be more red and less coral. I guess I'll have to wait and see when I get mine.

Oh and since MAC is offering free next day shipping with the code NEXT, I may get LL&F. Ashley Rudder's swatches aren't helping me:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BBTOLRTkQYm/?taken-by=ashley_rudder

Ohhh her swatches had me lusting after all kinds of things I don't need. Like that HYC!!!

montREALady

Finally got to do some swatches! I swatched The Fashion Flock against most of my corals. Reel Sexy was close but far more orange than TFF. Flamingo was also similar but much lighter and less pigmented. Viva Glam Nicki was actually pretty similar but not as bright. I also swatched it against three of my YSL Rouge Volupte lipsticks.

Hopefully I can get be Silly soon, once I do I'll swatch that against some of my pinks (like No Faux Pas, Good Kisser, Happy Go Lucky, Viva Miley 1, etc)

View attachment 51909
View attachment 51910
View attachment 51911
View attachment 51912

Silly came out with the MIB collection, right? I think there were swatch comparisons with some of the shades you mentioned in that thread, I think I did one actually... I can tell you Silly is not like Happy Go Lucky or Viva Miley. It's brighter and more chalky looking since it's matte. I found swatches I did back in May or whenever:
https://www.instagram.com/p/0_viX0Sr1R/?taken-by=makeupbykifana
[h=1]Went swatching today. L-R: MAC Mac is Beauty Silly (I don't own), Wet n Wild Don't Blink Pink, MAC Philip Treacy No Faux Pas (I don't own), Avon Hi Def Plum, MAC Philip Treacy Hollywood Cerise, WnW Cherry Picking. Bottom MAC Viva Glam Miley Cyrus.[/h]

Last edited:

montREALady

Hmmmm. Somehow I was thinking this was going to be more red and less coral. I guess I'll have to wait and see when I get mine.

Ohhh her swatches had me lusting after all kinds of things I don't need. Like that HYC!!!
Someone said the same thing re my pic on IG! They thought it would be more red. I said I think it depends on the lighting but yeah I think it leads more on the coral side. I know, I'm trying to refrain from HYC, seriously, I have too many colors like it. LL&F too since I tend to like pale pinks. I need to chill out, it's not even special packaging! LOL.

montREALady

I meant Be Silly, oops! I have Silly already. Why did they name them so close together that's sort of annoying lol!

Oh, and I went nuts editing my post with swatches, lmaoooo! I know, like did they need to bring Silly back?!? Makes no sense. Oh, and Be Silly looks exactly like NFP to me!

Shars

Someone said the same thing re my pic on IG! They thought it would be more red. I said I think it depends on the lighting but yeah I think it leads more on the coral side. I know, I'm trying to refrain from HYC, seriously, I have too many colors like it. LL&F too since I tend to like pale pinks. I need to chill out, it's not even special packaging! LOL.

^^Ughhh! The struggle!

NaomiH

Finally got to do some swatches! I swatched The Fashion Flock against most of my corals. Reel Sexy was close but far more orange than TFF. Flamingo was also similar but much lighter and less pigmented. Viva Glam Nicki was actually pretty similar but not as bright. I also swatched it against three of my YSL Rouge Volupte lipsticks.

Hopefully I can get Be Silly soon, once I do I'll swatch that against some of my pinks (like No Faux Pas, Good Kisser, Happy Go Lucky, Viva Miley 1, etc)

View attachment 51909
View attachment 51910
View attachment 51911
View attachment 51912

Awesome swatches, thanks!

starletta8

Hmmm... with the "your $574 in purchases this year means nothing" I just got from MAC, it seriously put a damper on my rush to grab more items tomorrow. Really upset about this.

stirfryedshana

Oh, and I went nuts editing my post with swatches, lmaoooo! I know, like did they need to bring Silly back?!? Makes no sense. Oh, and Be Silly looks exactly like NFP to me!

Hmmm now I'm wondering if I should skip Be Silly? I have No Faux Pas, Viva Glam Miley 1, Happy Go Lucky (from Playland), Kelly Yum Yum and a few other similar colors...I have a ton of stuff I want from this collection but I can only buy stuff every few weeks which sucks! Be Silly was next up on my list but I think I might hold off on it now at least.

Latest posts