MAC Flamingo Park Collection (Jan. 28, 2016)

lumaday

Exactly. Straight Up Magenta. It's like they are trying to trick us into buying things that sound purple because they know we are all crazy for it.....BUT WHY DON'T THEY JUST MAKE THEM PURPLE IN THE FIRST PLACE???????
Mine came today and I totally agree. It's a bright magenta pink on me, no violet at all. I'm pretty disappointed and it's definitely going back.

Sweetyellow

Why is Spring Flock still listed as a satin? I thought people were receiving ones labeled as matte? Is the formula like a typical satin or does it have a slight sheen?

GreenEyedAllie

Why is Spring Flock still listed as a satin? I thought people were receiving ones labeled as matte? Is the formula like a typical satin or does it have a slight sheen?

Besides saying matte on the packaging, mine is chalky, dry, flat, totally matte. It's a big part of why I'm debating a return.

This Could Be Fun and Life's A Pic Nic also say matte on the packaging, but they apply more similar to the satins I have.

AnitaK

Besides saying matte on the packaging, mine is chalky, dry, flat, totally matte. It's a big part of why I'm debating a return.

This Could Be Fun and Life's A Pic Nic also say matte on the packaging, but they apply more similar to the satins I have.

I noticed quite a few ppl mentioned that some of the blushes are matte and on the site it says it is satin. I tend to steer away from the matte blushes, so I am waiting until I see them in person in the store.

Corally

Hm.. this makes me reconsider Spring Flock. I love matte blushes but not chalky and dry ones. :( The only things that are still on my list are Spring Flock and Oh My but after reading this I might only get Oh My..

Isabelle

Ooooh, I'm not a fan of mattes! How many are wrong on the website? Glad I found out before I ordered!

Isabelle

verorl

Hm.. this makes me reconsider Spring Flock. I love matte blushes but not chalky and dry ones. :( The only things that are still on my list are Spring Flock and Oh My but after reading this I might only get Oh My..

I haven't tried Spring Flock yet, but Oh My! is so pretty! Get that one, you won't be sorry!

Rinstar

I got my This Could Be Fun and Sweet Tooth today. I haven't swatched TCBF yet, but it looks very pretty in the pan. I see violet there, so I am hoping I see a bit on my pale self. Sweet Tooth is super cute!

GreenEyedAllie

I noticed quite a few ppl mentioned that some of the blushes are matte and on the site it says it is satin. I tend to steer away from the matte blushes, so I am waiting until I see them in person in the store.

Yeah. I wish I had waited to check it out in store. A lot of ladies on here are loving and looking amazing in SF, though, so it may still work for you.

I got my This Could Be Fun and Sweet Tooth today. I haven't swatched TCBF yet, but it looks very pretty in the pan. I see violet there, so I am hoping I see a bit on my pale self. Sweet Tooth is super cute!

I am Mac N1, NARS Terre Neuve, NARS Mont Blanc...so generally pretty pale and pretty neutral. On me, I DO see hints of violet but only if I apply heavily and look IMO silly with clown cheeks. Once I blend it out, it reads a cool hot pink/magenta. The violet is also a lot more apparent if you pair if with Have Your Cake (or something simliar, I'm sure). I was a little disappointed, but it is still a gorgeous color and I did not yet have and bright/hot pinks, so I'm happy with it.

lumaday

I got to play with my goodies last night! I thought I'd do a quick review of my thoughts:

TCBF blush = magenta on me, it just doesn't look great on me so it's going back. I wish it had been violet as described.

NTMY lipstick = what a beautiful sheer pinky-red! It's hard for me to pull off a bright matte red so I prefer sheer ones like this.

FF lipstick = loving this one too. Pretty similar to Make Me Gorgeous from the Beauty Is collection but pulls a little more pink on me than coral like MMG.

HYC = what a gorgeous shade! I have nothing else like it. Great pigmentation and formula, really brightens up my face.

PB BP = a very nice highlighter to go over my pinkish blushes. Not too obvious, just a sheer glowing sheen.

nudibelle

received have you cake and Be silly yesterday

GORGEOUS ..O.M.G
HYC might be my go too color this year

Be Silly is definitely easier to wear than candy yum yum and pink pigeon. I love it
go on smooth too, great matte formula

bluelitzer

If you're on the fence about Have Your Cake, here's a comparison swatch. Like what people say, it's more violet while Hollywood Cerise is more magenta and FOF is (on me at least) just straight out deep pink. Moxie doesn't seem to be similar at all.
image.jpg
View attachment 52138

Last edited:

NATlar

NW20 Blondes.. What are your favorite lipsticks/blushes from this collection? :D I'm trying to narrow it down to a couple of things. lol

I'm a NC15 blonde and I know these goodies will look best on me

- Lipsticks
Be Silly
Have Your Cake
The Fashion Flock

- Blush
What I Fancy
Spring Flock

Also both the beauty powders :D I hope this helps.... I do love the look of the bold bright blushes but I feel they'll look harsh on my complexion even though I could sheer them out.

MissTania

This is after coffee and some carrots and hummus
I absolutely love it
Comfortable matte

View attachment 52136

HYC is so pretty on you! I love it too and had to back it up!

If you're on the fence about Have Your Cake, here's a comparison swatch. Like what people say, it's more violet while Hollywood Cerise is more magenta and FOF is (on me at least) just straight out deep pink. Moxie doesn't seem to be similar at all.
View attachment 52139
View attachment 52138

Thanks for the comparison, all these shades are stunning on you!

Sweetyellow

This is crazy. Are most of the blushes labeled incorrectly? Is Oh,My! a satin?

leonah

is sunny surprise worth getting? to you who got it what's your skintone and do you use it as a blush or all over?

btw, do we have any swatches of the single shadows? I only recall one pic from dominic_mua but nothing from bloggers etc?

Last edited:

Latest posts