MAC Flamingo Park Collection (Jan. 28, 2016)

bunnypoet

This Could Be Fun isn't at all what I'd hoped. I should have known, MAC often calls cool toned pink lipsticks 'violet'. I wanted actual violet, not very slightly purple leaning pink!

What I Fancy blush and Long Legged & Fabulous are the only things that jumped out at me a little, but I don't know that I need them. Everything else I probably have dupes for, or near enough. The eyeshadow palette looks decent, but I think one of MUFE's little 9 pan palettes would be a better investment.

I may end up getting one or two things, but I don't think I'll stalk for this. Shame as I was so into it when it was announced.

You're not alone in the This Could Be Fun debacle. I'm disappointed and so is October. Whoever was asking for a proper purple blush is disappointed full stop. I was actually looking forward to getting this blush, because it's purple. I could whinge about this all night, but I need to sleep.

This and this. I don't know why it is so difficult for MAC (and other brands) to come out with true purples, violets, and mauves. They always sprinkle in too much pink, red, brown, ... I may skip this collection and save my money for Natasha Denona.

MACina

Weren't there single eyeshadows for this collection?

The ones we had on the list as singles seem to be part of the palette. So I guess there won' t be singles.
"Bird' s Eye View" and "Flock & Roll" were on the list but are now part of the palette.
So maybe the other names were WNs? :confused:

macaddictx

Long Legged & Fabulous en The Fashion Flock are on my list for now! I really want some blushes too, but I just completed my MAC Blush Palette and my wallet won't like it.

Nessy

Late to the party:party: but I want E.V.E.R.Y.T.H.I.N.G!!! Pink and green go together so so well! Ok just see the colour Story, so I want

All the lippys, sadly highly unrealistic so will probably be either Have your Cake or Fashion Flock as they look like ones I don't own
And I'd like one of the nails unsure which one :)

Last edited:

ramarose

Those blushes are INTENSE! Maybe too intense for my pale face lol. I love Karen and her blog so much! Right now my list looks like:

Long Legged & Fabulous
Have Your Cake
The Fashion Flock (?)
Pearl Blossom (?)
Spring Flock (?)

I'm going on vacation early Feb so I'm trying not to spend ALL my money...

LiliV

I think all I want is Long Legged & Fabulous and Spring Flock. I'm kind of disappointed that everything is leaning more fuschia and blue pink than coral

Corally

I think all I want is Long Legged & Fabulous and Spring Flock. I'm kind of disappointed that everything is leaning more fuschia and blue pink than coral

Me too! I think I'm only gonna get Spring Flock and Oh, My.

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
Those blushes are INTENSE! Maybe too intense for my pale face lol. I love Karen and her blog so much! Right now my list looks like:

Long Legged & Fabulous
Have Your Cake
The Fashion Flock (?)
Pearl Blossom (?)
Spring Flock (?)

I'm going on vacation early Feb so I'm trying not to spend ALL my money...

Yeah, that's why I'm skipping Oh My I think.

JJJewels

Well even in the promo image given to bloggers it looks like there are single shadows. So weird.

spring2016_macflamingopark004.jpg

Hey hey! I can confirm there was ONE single shadow in the press release, Sushi Flower, and I forgot to add it to the color story on my blog!

bluelitzer

This is the most excited I have been for MAC in forever. Last time I was interested about a collection was circa Bao Bao Wan and Julia Petit. Everything after that I didn't even bother to stalk-and-secure an item for.

patentg33k

After watching Karen's video, I'm wondering if the beauty powders are similar to the ones in the Philip Treacy (sp?) collection last spring. More of a satin, subtle finish?

Latest posts