MAC Flamingo Park Collection (Jan. 28, 2016)

Nessy

I was looking more for the single shadows, I have every finger crossed in the hopes, it's just no-one seems to of swatched them!

Sweetyellow

So, it looks like the single eyeshadows are back in this collection because MAC sent them to Kandee Johnson to review. There's a photo on her instagram if anyone cares to see. Oh, btw does anyone remember the color descriptions because there was one I was interested but forgot the name of it.

Jennifae

Specktra Bestie
So, it looks like the single eyeshadows are back in this collection because MAC sent them to Kandee Johnson to review. There's a photo on her instagram if anyone cares to see. Oh, btw does anyone remember the color descriptions because there was one I was interested but forgot the name of it.

Here's the list from an earlier post:

Jest
Hello, There - Soft nude beige (Matte)
Corduroy
Sushi Flower
Just Wing It - Midtone tan pink (Satin)
Bird's Eye View - Hot magenta (Satin)
Flock & Roll - Light pastel pink (Matte)

MAC didn't include eyeshadow singles in the official color story though.

Last edited:

Jennifae

Specktra Bestie
Just watched Karen's video. Those blushes and those lipsticks! Wow! This could get very expensive for me.

buy_all_things.jpg

Sweetyellow

Here's the list from an earlier post:

MAC didn't include eyeshadow singles in the official color story though.

Thank you. I'm interested in Hello, There and Just Wing It.

If it's not in the "official" color story, what does that mean for us?

Jennifae

Specktra Bestie
Thank you. I'm interested in Hello, There and Just Wing It.

If it's not in the "official" color story, what does that mean for us?

Never really know with MAC, but some of the shades on the initial list are now in the x9 palette (Bird’s Eye View, Flock & Roll, and Sushi Flower). It's possible that someone didn't get the memo and sent her those singles in error. :hehe:

Nessy

Looking forward to seeing swatches of them! I'd much prefer to buy a single shadow than have to buy a palette for one colour

patentg33k

According to the press release, yes both blushes and the BP are $22 US and $26 in Canada each. (I'm feeling ancient because I remember when MAC blushes were $16!)

Mac-Guy

Never really know with MAC, but some of the shades on the initial list are now in the x9 palette (Bird’s Eye View, Flock & Roll, and Sushi Flower). It's possible that someone didn't get the memo and sent her those singles in error. :hehe:

:call:

Anneri

I appreciate all this info! I was so excited to see the blushes, but now I'm worried that most of them are way too strong for me. I tend to like vibrant colors, but these look like they could turn clownish (NC15). Maybe if I use a soft brush? Or just stick to the softer colors?

I'd go for the colours you're really drawn to, and just use a veeeeeery light hand and a soft brush. I'm NC15 too, and I've found that this winter, I'm always drawn to deep brushes like Hidden Treasure and colours like this, and I think the solution is how you apply them.

And I, too, remember when blushes were a lot cheaper... ;)

Rinstar

I wonder how similar the two lightest blushes are going to really look on me. I know they swatch very differently... but when I'm actually wearing them, will I see a big difference?

cocotears

first mac haul of the year and i've managed to trim my list down to just one item: pearl blossom BP. this collection looked so promising.

lilinah

This collection is a nice grouping of pinks and corals and peaches, but...

At first post, this collection was pretty much a skip - i'm just not much of a pink girl.

I already own Pearl Blossom ​Beauty Powder, and i rarely wear full-on peachy cheek products, so that's a skip.

I was hoping for This Could Be Fun - Soft violet purple - Blush. But i know MAC and when they say "violet" and/or "purple", it's usually some variety of magenta. And it's no different this time. So that's a skip.

And i was interested in some of the single eyeshadows. But since they're in a X 9 palette, and i don't like enough of them, it's not worth it to me. So that's a skip.

I don't wear magenta or bright pink or orange-y lipsticks, so none of those. I do wear pinky peaches or peachy pinks sometimes, and of the swatches, Long Legged & Fabulous looks like a peachy pink - so i'll swatch it, but i don't have my hopes up. So, one weak maybe...

So now almost a complete skip. Good for my wallet...

Last edited:

Latest posts