MAC Flamingo Park Collection (Jan. 28, 2016)

Sweetyellow

I ended up ordering just 3 lipsticks for now; however I picked overnight shipping for my order so I'll have everything tomorrow and can post swatches. I don't own Flat Out Fabulous (I know crazy!) so I can't compare the two, but can someone swatch the two together? I ask because my sister wants Have Your Cake but doesn't want it if they are too similar.

Genn

2 blushes 2 lipsticks.....I haven't ordered any Mac products in quite awhile to it was about time. Flocking Fabulous, Spring Flock, Fashion Flock, Life's a picnic

lipstickaddict

I ended up ordering just 3 lipsticks for now; however I picked overnight shipping for my order so I'll have everything tomorrow and can post swatches. I don't own Flat Out Fabulous (I know crazy!) so I can't compare the two, but can someone swatch the two together? I ask because my sister wants Have Your Cake but doesn't want it if they are too similar.

I have both, and Flat out Fabulous has a much stronger berry tone to it. I did swatches of HYC with FoF and Hollywood Cherise, but with the new platform, I haven't yet figured out how to post pics lol. Anyhoo, HYC has a more purple undertone and is creamier of course (with FoF being retro matte). Personally I think that they are different enough to own both. HTH!

lipstickaddict

:scared::doh::doh::hand: I had the same issue with the mac site. Its soooo slow & then like 1098309587876 other issues with it. All the complaints about the site & they haven't changed a thing!!! Still hate it.

What did you get? I'm still deciding, although i did order flocking fabulous.

:wavey::kisskiss:!!!!! Good to hear from you my fabulous friend! Wasn't it a total gong show this morning? It was the most frusterating release for me to date. Thank goodness for hubs, because i was ready to just give up! Flocking fabulous will look beautiful on you i am sure!
I just stuck with the mattes to begin with. I managed to get my hands on ff and hyc before the release, both of which are so beautiful i backed them up. I also bought be silly and life's a picnic! It's a good start for now! :eek: enjoy your goodies! :icon_cheers:

smileyt06

I wonder how close have your cake is to strong woman. If anyone got it that has both can you do a swatch please

stirfryedshana

Fashion Flock and Betty Bright are indeed VERY similar. I was able to get my hands on fashion flock before the release, and it is only a touch darker and perhaps a touch pinker than BB, but definitely the closest Mac has come to putting out a lipstick like BB. You're going to LOVE it!

I'm SO excited...I got into MAC in 2014 so I missed the Archie's Girls collection and I've literally been lusting after it for such a long time! I've been hoping that they would repromote it or make a similar lipstick so I'm beyond excited to get this lipstick.

montREALady

I did the same for the same reasons!!!! I do not have a blush quite like Oh my!
Yay! Me neither.

I have both, and Flat out Fabulous has a much stronger berry tone to it. I did swatches of HYC with FoF and Hollywood Cherise, but with the new platform, I haven't yet figured out how to post pics lol. Anyhoo, HYC has a more purple undertone and is creamier of course (with FoF being retro matte). Personally I think that they are different enough to own both. HTH!
Ooooh, those are the 3 I wanted to see comparisons of. That hasn't changed, when composing a message, click the picture above the text box and attach. I think it's a pic of a tree. I'm on mobile.

Last edited:

xochtl

I ordered HYC, Long legged and fabulous, and the Miami polish! I think though since I ordered the nail polish I won't get the 2-day shipping bc they may ship it ground :( still so excited though!

lipstickaddict

Yay! Me neither.

Ooooh, those are the 3 I wanted to see comparisons of. That hasn't changed, when composing a message, click the picture above the text box and attach. I think it's a pic of a tree. I'm on mobile.

DSC02081.jpg Thanks! Okay, here we go. I finally figured it out! Yay! Okay, light isn't the best but from left to right, Flat Out Fabulous, HYC, Hollywood Cerise, Betty Bright, Fashion flock.
I can try to take some better picks in better light tomorrow!

You may not be able to see it clearly in the pic, but FoF and Hollywood Cerise both have a lot more berry undertones than HYC. HYC is more definitely more purpley. :boink:

Last edited:

elegant-one

View attachment 51799 Okay, here we go. I finally figured it out! Yay! Okay, light isn't the best but from left to right, Flat Out Fabulous, HYC, Hollywood Cherise, Betty Bright, Flocking Fab.
I can try to take some better picks in better light tomorrow! You may not be able to see it clearly in the pic, but FoF and HYC both have a lot more berry undertones than HYC. HYC is more definitely more purpley. :boink:

Thanks hun!!!! You're the best my friend :kisskiss::hahaha::boink: <----- such a funny smiley!

Vineetha

View attachment 51799 Thanks! Okay, here we go. I finally figured it out! Yay! Okay, light isn't the best but from left to right, Flat Out Fabulous, HYC, Hollywood Cerise, Betty Bright, Fashion flock.

You may not be able to see it clearly in the pic, but FoF and Hollywood Cerise both have a lot more berry undertones than HYC. HYC is more definitely more purpley. :boink:
thank you for the swatches!! Do you think HYC is closer to evening rendezvous??? :)

stirfryedshana

I think once it's up on Nordies (yall said probably monday, right?) I'm gonna get Be Silly, Have Your Cake, and Flocking Fabulous lipsticks and What I Fancy blush. I still have to get Boyfriend Stealer too...so many wants, so little money lol.

Mayanas

View attachment 51799 Thanks! Okay, here we go. I finally figured it out! Yay! Okay, light isn't the best but from left to right, Flat Out Fabulous, HYC, Hollywood Cerise, Betty Bright, Fashion flock.

Thank you

iqaganda

My awesome friend got the three lipsticks that I wanted from this collection! Can't wait to get my hands finally on them! :D

lipstickaddict

thank you for the swatches!! Do you think HYC is closer to evening rendezvous??? :)

Evening Rendezvous is quite a bit darker I think, but i can compare tomorrow and swatch in daylight. HYC is an interesting lippie. There's a brightness too it- personally it's a lot more flattering on my skin tone than ER.

singer82

Got my shipping notices already and I just got standard shipping. Yay! :bootyshake:

Thank you so much for these, they are super helpful. It is different enough from Hollywood Cerise (which I LOVE) and I'm sad I missed out on Betty Bright. So I'm glad I got what I did yay!

Last edited:

Icecaramellatte

Couldn't sleep so just ordered Oh My blush and Ellie Goulding 217 brush. I needed another 217 so. . . I'm wondering how close This Could Be Fun is to Prom Princess, Hot Nights and Magenta blushes. It's looking different to me. I may get a Playful Petal CSG. I didn't think I had used it much after the season it had launched but I took it out and quite a bit is gone so . . . Wavering back and forth about the x9 palette but leaning toward skipping. Really weak for blushes. I may just end up with all.

Latest posts