Chanel new le blanc 2016

sugarberry

Ugh! I should have just waited for Nordstrom because my order from Chanel is sure taking a long time to arrive--a week! It was supposed to be delivered by now but got delayed for some odd reason. At last I would've gotten cash back from Nordstrom...

elegant-one

Not wanting to start a debate about T's reviews in general, but a sincere question: Do you ladies that have the HL agree with her assessment? Does the pink side perform poorly? Does the white side overshadow the pink?

http://www.temptalia.com/chanel-perles-et-fantaisies-illuminating-powder-review-photos-swatches

The pink side doesn't perform poorly. It is a very pale rose pink on it's own. The white side does dominate when you swirl them together but still adds that slight pink undertone to it. I don't think it was designed to be a full on noticeable pink.

I haven't read what she said, but there is nothing poorly about the highlighter at all ;)...not even the texture lol. HTH!

BTW - her pic of it is a little of color-wise

GreenEyedAllie

The pink side doesn't perform poorly. It is a very pale rose pink on it's own. The white side does dominate when you swirl them together but still adds that slight pink undertone to it. I don't think it was designed to be a full on noticeable pink.

I haven't read what she said, but there is nothing poorly about the highlighter at all ;)...not even the texture lol. HTH!

BTW - her pic of it is a little of color-wise

Thanks for the info! I haven't bought mine yet, and part of why I want it is the pink...so I wanted to get second opinions after seeing that review. Times like these, I wish I could just walk into a freaking store and swatch myself! At least it's beautiful out here in BFE.

elegant-one

WOW, she's done it again...used my description words :( Before she even reviewed it in description form, I posted here that the white shade "dominated" it when swirled together....really? That's not a usual word used in describing makeup but it's what I posted here right away. This isn't the first time she has copied word for word how I have described something here........& I don't even get free product

elegant-one

Thanks for the info! I haven't bought mine yet, and part of why I want it is the pink...so I wanted to get second opinions after seeing that review. Times like these, I wish I could just walk into a freaking store and swatch myself! At least it's beautiful out here in BFE.

You're welcome hun! Its more of a true cool pink...not skin-like in tone like the Dior shade. But, it is very light on the skin.

boschicka

WOW, she's done it again...used my description words :( Before she even reviewed it in description form, I posted here that the white shade "dominated" it when swirled together....really? That's not a usual word used in describing makeup but it's what I posted here right away. This isn't the first time she has copied word for word how I have described something here........& I don't even get free product

No. Flipping. Way!!!

Monsy

WTFH???

:confused:

bunnypoet

What the what? That is bizarre! :eek:

sungelly87

Not wanting to start a debate about T's reviews in general, but a sincere question: Do you ladies that have the HL agree with her assessment? Does the pink side perform poorly? Does the white side overshadow the pink?

http://www.temptalia.com/chanel-perles-et-fantaisies-illuminating-powder-review-photos-swatches

TBH I"ve stopped really reading her reviews cuz i found them to be completely different from the rest of the makeup community. I used to just look at her swatches but now with her weird lighting can't even trust that. So mostly I value her dupe/swatch by swatch comparisons.

elegant-one

No. Flipping. Way!!!

What the what? That is bizarre! :eek:

Oh man, this has been going on here for a few years. I've just never said anything publicly...until now because it was so obvious. She has done it to me - many times copied my posts/descriptions word for word as well as to MacGuy & Erine. We would even add words that were intentionally spelled wrong or specific words - and they would get copied over as well. Very very sad. This board has had an ongoing battle with her, sometimes publicly because of this. :doh:

Last edited:

elegant-one

TBH I"ve stopped really reading her reviews cuz i found them to be completely different from the rest of the makeup community. I used to just look at her swatches but now with her weird lighting can't even trust that. So mostly I value her dupe/swatch by swatch comparisons.

Did you get the highlighter?

Monsy

I do not think she is really trying the products or someone else is writing instead of her. recently i read the full review of hourglass highlighters and i was shocked by some statements for example Iridiscent and Euphoric are 95% dupes something like that
OMG seriously? one has nothing to do with another
if she said Incandesce and Iridiscent are dupes that is fine but Euphoric??? It just made me think whoever was writing that didn't even try them

boschicka

Oh man, this has been going on here for a few years. I've just never said anything publicly...until now because it was so obvious. She has done it to me - many times copied my posts/descriptions word for word as well as to MacGuy & Erine. We would even add words that were intentionally spelled wrong or specific words - and they would get copied over as well. Very very sad. This board has had an ongoing battle with her, sometimes publicly because of this. :doh:

It's not obvious if no one is actually reading her reviews these days, lol! I just can't anymore. I look at pictures and like someone already said, they are iffy b/c of the lighting. I love that you intentionally misspelled words!!!

Latest posts