MAC Items Being Discontinued in 2016

brumblebee

When I was at the store yesterday buying the final shadow for my collection (yup, holla!), the SA told me a bunch of the regular mattes were being DC'd- she claimed that Corduroy, the shade I was picking up, is not long for this world.

Take it with a grain of salt.

I will probably be picking up a lot of matte shades then..

Doesn't really make sense considering the popularity of all-matte eyeshadow palettes. At least most of them aren't especially unique colors.

brumblebee

Like.. it would have made more sense to DC all the lustre or frost shades since frosty things (other than Nylon) aren't on trend.

I don't actually own Nylon. Lol. Shows how good I am at being a MAC collector.

B

Buffy89

Like.. it would have made more sense to DC all the lustre or frost shades since frosty things (other than Nylon) aren't on trend.

I don't actually own Nylon. Lol. Shows how good I am at being a MAC collector.

The frosty eyeshadow shades seem quite out of fashion nowadays. I wouldn't miss them, lol. And lustres are just meh. I mean, there are so many great formulas out there, and lustres seem a little...malfunctioning? But who knows what's going on in the heads of the Mac folks, huh.

verorl

Lustres are the worst of the worst... Some frosts are nice, and I love mixing textures with my looks, so if it was within me, I would keep the Matte2s and do away with all the horrible lustres.

I need to go to the mall for an errand, and will pay a visit to my MAC store and see what they have.

verorl

BTW, looked for Puffin's Wife video just to see the discontinued eye shadow comment, and I just loved her! Ended up watching other videos of hers... Love her tatoos and the hair, but the claw nails did bug me.

verorl

if that's the case there will be literally very few shadows left...

I know!

Are they revamping the eye shadow range? Maybe introducing new finishes/formulas?

And while they are on a discontinuing rampage, why not discontinue Carbon?

bluelitzer

So that's why my Vibrant Grape that I ordered last month was backordered for 3 weeks and MAC sent me an email they can't fulfill the order. So mad.

brumblebee

BTW, looked for Puffin's Wife video just to see the discontinued eye shadow comment, and I just loved her! Ended up watching other videos of hers... Love her tatoos and the hair, but the claw nails did bug me.

Her tattoos look so good! I don't think tattoos usually look that good (I don't have any myself), but she has done an excellent job up keeping hers.

PixieDancer

I did just backed up BS, Fig1, Copperplate, and Handwritten. This is so odd that MAC would leave so much crap and discontinue the BEST formula they have had. They've been scaling matte2 back for awhile, but at least there were several staples left! I tried to get Soot too but it didn't ship, so I guess that's gone now too for good.
I guess the silver lining is how HORRIBLE Carbon is now, maybe with them purging so many of their mattes when it's such a popular finish right now, means something good is on the horizon to replace them! A new and improved matte formula!!?? Fingers crossed!
It's nice to see MAC finally stepping up in the areas where their quality and value was lacking. With so many other brands getting all the promos and love on social media (looking at you IG) they needed a kick in the pants. Lowering their pan prices was a definite step in the right direction. But now, with so many shades disappearing, it kinda feels like a trick. Like MAC lowered the prices to clear inventory of stuff they were going to get rid of anyways. Oh the makeup conspiracy theories! LOL

lilinah

I actually don't wear many mattes. I'm oooold and mattes on my lids make me look like a mummy. I do wear mattes in the crease and sometimes the outer V.

But i know mattes are favorites with you young'uns. I can only suspect they're revamping the line. There are a couple i'd like to have, so i guess i better go get 'em!

lilinah

Looking at the MAC (US) site, there are 124 colors in refill pans, but only 118 in pots. Someone was looking for Corduroy? It's still available in "Pro Palette Refill Pan" on the US site...

There are only 5 Matte2 pans and two are listed as "Coming Soon" (Blanc Type and Brownscript), while there are 6 in pots (same 2 listed as "Coming Soon") and Typographic is shown as still available, along with Copperplate, Fig. 1, and Handwritten.

Carbon? Yeah, they oughta get rid of it!

B

Buffy89

Sheen supreme lipsticks are discontinued.

Also, noticed Da Bling eyeshadow is no longer available.

I'm not sad because of the Sheen Supremes. The idea was nice, but the formula could be better, like the Chubby Pencils which were released last (?) year. Such a great formula for moisturising glossy lipsticks. Sorry I forgot their name although I own and love 4 of them.

brumblebee

Patent polish!

I personally think the sheen supremes are too greasy/oily feeling. I definitely didn't want to pay more than a lipstick price for them. I carry a wristlet instead of a purse, so unfortunately the patent polishes are too large/cumbersome for me to carry with me. I do agree that they feel really nice though!

bluelitzer

Yeah, Sheen Supremes can go. They feel weird, slippery and thick, also prone to feathering on me. The colors are ok but there's just nothing compelling me to buy them when I see them.

Monsy

i think with introducing huggables sheen supremes can go. huggables are like 20x better formula

B

Buffy89

Patent Polish! Now I can remember, thanks.
I gave all my Sheen Supremes to my mom who suprisingly loves them.
Bare Again was my 2nd Mac lip product and I was super excited about it, but now I definitely got other favourites.

Latest posts