Resolution LOW-BUY 2016

veronikawithak

Woot Woot for You! I am still paying my student loans. Grrrrr. I have been paying for 12 years. Grrrrr. They are not clear for another 13 years! Ugh! But I would not have the job I do now without the degree I earned. On the flipside, I was given a super low interest rate in comparison to today's rates!

I am super close to having my little bit of CC# debt paid off. I'd say 2 months and it will be clear. Again the upswing is I have not incurred any new CC charges.

Yes, I am really thankful for my student loan because without it I wouldn't have been able to get the education I did and I definitely wouldn't be where I am now. I just want to pay it off as soon as possible because the interest on it scares me and it also reminds me that I did a lot of unnecessary spending. I just want to move on. :) If I had a lower interest rate I would probably take longer to pay it back though.

Awesome job on being almost credit card debt free and not incurring new charges!

Congrats on this!!!! As always, you are my heroine and motivation.

That is such a sweet thing to say, thank you so much. :flowers: I get inspired by you and everyone on this thread all the time. It's a great little community!

fur4elise

PhotoGrid_1458651749163.jpg
I had a dentist appointment at 7:00 AM this morning. Gotta take care of the teeth! So no makeup before...My hygienist uses a salt spray to polish my teeth. So, by the end of my appointment half my face would be exfoliated & wiped away. So I threw together a travel bag & put on makeup as soon as I got to work. I thought it would be fund to show a before & after (no filter) of my quick, done at my desk FOTD ;)

Lancome La Base Pro (sample)
Tarte Clean Slate Poreless Primer(sample)
Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation - 4C3 Soft Tan
MAC Wonder Woman Golden Lariat (contour, blush & highlight)
Mehron Setting Powder
Eyes - Urban Decay Naked Palette - Virgin, Naked, Buck, Half Baked, & Darkhorse
L'oreal Voluminous Smoldering Eye Liner - Brown
Lancome Definicils Mascara (sample) - Black
MAC Lipliner - Soar
Lancome Gloss in Love - Lily En Lame

Alysse011

I just went to ulta, Sephora, and Nordstrom. I was returning items to Ulta and Nordies and I had a gift card for Sephora. I took a little detour at the tom ford counter in Nordstrom but talked myself out of buying anything. I'm also happy to report that I didn't go over my gift card limit at Sephora! It's the small victories haha

fur4elise

I just went to ulta, Sephora, and Nordstrom. I was returning items to Ulta and Nordies and I had a gift card for Sephora. I took a little detour at the tom ford counter in Nordstrom but talked myself out of buying anything. I'm also happy to report that I didn't go over my gift card limit at Sephora! It's the small victories haha

Yaaaaay for small victories!!! :goldcup: I on the other hand have a confession to make:blush:...but that can wait til this weekend
A new Anti-Haul vid from Kimberly Clark
:yess:
[video=youtube;ktvhp4R05eQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktvhp4R05eQ[/video]]

Alysse011

A FOTD:

-YSL Blur Primer
-CdP Radiant Fluid Foundation
-CT Retoucher concealer under the eyes and around the nose
-Anastasia Dipbrow in Taupe
-UD Fireball eyeshadow and Makeup Geek In the Spotlight eyeshadow (I was really wanting to purchase Tom Ford Sphinx but talked myself out of it. I saw on Temptalia that both of these shadows were listed as dupes and had similar qualities - the MUG is a very similar color and the UD has that duo chrome look)
-UD Perversion mascara
-Stila blush
-Anastasia That Glow palette for highlight
-Dior Addict lipstick in Lucky ( I also had an almost weak moment at the Laura Mercier counter with the lip parfait lippies, but then I remembered how much I love this Dior lipstick I already own for a pop of color!)

B

Buffy89

Oh I really should write down my fotds again. The ones everyone is posting here are very inspirational.

I'm so excited for the new anti-haul video, thanks for posting. This lady is simply fabulous. I can already spot some hyped items in the preview picture, this is gonna be fun!

shellygrrl

Staff member
FOTD...
* MUFE Step 1 - Hydrating Primer
* MUFE Step 1 - Smoothing Primer
* MUFE Ultra HD - Y225/117 + MAC Face & Body - White (much better match for my skintone than Y205 on its own or mixed w/Y225!)
* MAC Studio Sculpt Concealer - NW15 (undereye concealer)
* Kevyn Aucoin SSE - SX01 (spot concealing)
* Benefit Gimme Brow - Medium/Deep
* NARS Smudgeproof Eyeshadow Base
* Prestige True Kohl Kajal - Matte Black (as a base, also used on lower lashline)
* MAC Eyeshadow - Copperplate (blending colour)
* Makeup Geek Eyeshadow - Glass Slipper (lid)
* Bare Minerals Flawless Definition Mascara
* Benefit Hoola
* MAC Mattene - Personal Pick
* Maybelline Vivids - Shocking Coral (just to warm it up a little... exercise in futility)

Alysse011

A FOTD from this past Saturday night:

-YSL Blur Primer
-La Prairie Skin Caviar foundation in warm linen (I got a hefty sample of this foundation. I don't know what possessed me to agree to this...of course I now love it and it's so expensive it makes me want to vomit. At least I have a huge sample though)
-Kevyn Aucoin sculpting powder
-GA liquid bronzer
-Kevyn Aucoin creamy glow blush in Patrice (forgot how much I adore this. Will be using it regularly now!)
-ABH That Glow highlighter palette
-ABH Dipbrow Pomade in Taupe
-Chanel New Moon cream shadow (again, forgot how much I love it!)
-MAC blanc type on brow bone and MAC Nylon on inner corner
-Bobbi Brown chocolate shimmer ink to line
-Dior mascara sample (overcurl?)
-Guerlain 2014 holiday meteorites
-Cle de Peau lippie (my fav lippie whose name I can never remember)

my gosh, that's a lot of products! But that's good! I like actually having a fun night out and wearing my makeup haha. Feels so glam. I'm also glad I wore a few things I haven't in a while that I love.

Does anyone ever add up how much their face costs them? I don't...it's too scary lol. But I guess I would rather add up the stuff I actually am using than add up the stuff I used to own last year that sat collecting dust. That would be depressing.

VAL4M

A FOTD from this past Saturday night:

-YSL Blur Primer
-La Prairie Skin Caviar foundation in warm linen (I got a hefty sample of this foundation. I don't know what possessed me to agree to this...of course I now love it and it's so expensive it makes me want to vomit. At least I have a huge sample though)
-Kevyn Aucoin sculpting powder
-GA liquid bronzer
-Kevyn Aucoin creamy glow blush in Patrice (forgot how much I adore this. Will be using it regularly now!)
-ABH That Glow highlighter palette
-ABH Dipbrow Pomade in Taupe
-Chanel New Moon cream shadow (again, forgot how much I love it!)
-MAC blanc type on brow bone and MAC Nylon on inner corner
-Bobbi Brown chocolate shimmer ink to line
-Dior mascara sample (overcurl?)
-Guerlain 2014 holiday meteorites
-Cle de Peau lippie (my fav lippie whose name I can never remember)

my gosh, that's a lot of products! But that's good! I like actually having a fun night out and wearing my makeup haha. Feels so glam. I'm also glad I wore a few things I haven't in a while that I love.

Does anyone ever add up how much their face costs them? I don't...it's too scary lol. But I guess I would rather add up the stuff I actually am using than add up the stuff I used to own last year that sat collecting dust. That would be depressing.

I never add up how much my ''face'' costs but at one point i thought I have lost my makeup bag and I was panicking. People looked at me like I was crazy but when I started to tell a couple of good coworkers how much worth their was in my makeup bag they started looking with me! I remember it was mostly Guerlain products with a couple of Rouge Gs lipstick (50$CAN) I didn't finished counting my product and I was well over 250$. :rolleyes:

B

Buffy89

I never add up how much my ''face'' costs but at one point i thought I have lost my makeup bag and I was panicking. People looked at me like I was crazy but when I started to tell a couple of good coworkers how much worth their was in my makeup bag they started looking with me! I remember it was mostly Guerlain products with a couple of Rouge Gs lipstick (50$CAN) I didn't finished counting my product and I was well over 250$. :rolleyes:

Luckily I never lost my makeup bag, but when I'mworried that there might be pickpockets around, I'm not only worried about my wallet and phone, but also about my makeup bag. Just because it's so expensive! I usually carry my foundation, concealer, powder, lip products and sometimes mascara with me, that's at least 100€.

B

Buffy89

Oh and it's time to make a confession for me. Since they are being discontinued, I purchased 2 Mac refill pans (Blanc Type and Handwritten). I have always postponed buying them, but this was the last chance. But I also put myself on a short time no-buy for colour cosmetics until May.

leonah

me too.. I have bought 3 kid shadows the past month lol but think I'm good with them now.. on to handwritten blanc type and brown script!

B

Buffy89

me too.. I have bought 3 kid shadows the past month lol but think I'm good with them now.. on to handwritten blanc type and brown script!

I think it's so weird they're discontinuing all those popular shades. They rather should d/c stuff like Carbon.

shellygrrl

Staff member
Carbon really should die in a fire or something. It's that terrible, now.

FOTD...

* MUFE Step 1 - Smoothing Primer (across nose)
* MUFE Step 1 - Hydrating Primer (lower half of face)
* MUFE Ultra HD - 117/Y225 + MAC Face and Body - White
* MAC Studio Sculpt Concealer - NW15
* Kevyn Aucoin Sensual Skin Enhancer - SX01
* Hourglass Arch Brow Sculpting Pencil -Ash
* MAC Eyeshadow - Omega (transitionish)
* Makeup Geek Eyeshadow - Barcelona Beach (crease)
* Makeup Geek Eyeshadow - Moondust (lid)
* MAC Eyeshadow - Copperplate (over the top of the crease colours, to make them appear more ashy)
* MAC Blush - Next to Skin
* Josie Maran Argan Enlightenment Illuminizing Veil (beautiful colour; a smidge too dark on my pale skin)
* MAC Lipstick - Viva Glam II

VAL4M

Hello, so guys how are we doing??? I have to say I do have something in my sephora shopping bag and each time I look at the ''discount'' i'm like really?!?!? I'm saving THAT!!! any who still not the end of that sale but more I look less tempting anything look.

Last edited:

fur4elise

Hey ladies! Long-time no chat :hide: Sorry sorry!

I confess I was the queen of consumption in March! :hide:

Allbeit it was mostly bargain & select consumption and no new c.c. charges!
:icon_cheers:

I held out for my Juicy Shakers & got them on sale. I splurged on MAC Future, the "Boob," aka Otherearthly. I also purchased replacement MAC e/s pans (15 colors) & 3 empty MUFE palettes to replace my dead Z palettes. I also replaced my MAC SFF with Estee Lauder Doublewear Foundation (20% off) and love it!

Thus far this month I ordered 2 curated MAC shadow palettes I'd originally considered before the single e/s pans dropped in price. I ordered from Belks 20% off! I think my e/s collection is now pretty darn complete. I filled gaps and no dupes! So no more e/s palettes or orherwise! I'm set! I can say I've used my MAC more in the past month than in the past year! I'm having a lot of fun! :D

As far as Sephora, no go this "sale!" Seriously! 10%!? Like I mentioned above I went with the Belk. I do not "need" anything except for maybe concealer. I'm testing the EL Waterproof right now. There are 2 multi color blush/cheek palettes (Ben Nye & Benefit) I'd really like, but I can wait until they are on sale. I'm hoping for no FOMO releases and really I'm not feeling any of the summer releases. I was excited for Vibe Tribe but have since been off put. Its all good.

Wishing everyone a taboo weekend! (lol!) Edited to correct "taboo" to faboo!
:rofl:

Last edited:

shellygrrl

Staff member
Hello, so guys how are we doing??? I have to say I do have something in my sephora shopping bag and each time I look at the ''discount'' i'm like really?!?!? I'm saving THAT!!! any who still not the end of that sale but more I look less tempting anything look.

March was a super low-buy (without being a no-buy) for me, as I got some samples of Koh Gen Do Aqua Foundation to try out. This month I bought a couple of beautyblenders to replace the one I had, which I think was starting to grow. (Bought them through beauty.com as I had over $6 in cash back to redeem this month.)

As for the Sephora sale, I'm likely going to pass.

B

Buffy89

I'm officially on a no buy on color cosmetics until May. I needed a replacement for a neutral eye base and got a mini tube of UDPP which will last quite long. I got a miniature version (half of the original size) of UD Fireball eyeshadow for free and I'm really happy about it. The second thing I bought is a Zoeva foundation brush because the ones I own are shedding, so I'd like to replace them step by step.
I got some new clothes for spring yesterday (shoes, jeans, jacket, 4 tops), so the next step would be checking my closet for items I don't use any more. I'm actually in a great mood for decluttering, but I'm too busy at the moment.

leonah

the only thing I have bought the this month is the charlotte olympia retro rouge lipstick and 3 kid eyeshadows just because it's been dcd so I had to before they were completely gone :( I'm proud of myself so far but I might cave and get the otherearthly one too later if it's still available then.

shellygrrl

Staff member
FOTD...

* MUFE Step 1 - mix of Mattifying and Smoothing Primers (across nose)
* MUFE Step 1 - Hydrating Primer (below cheekbones and between the eyes)
* mix of MUFE Ultra HD - Y225/117 & MAC Face and Body - White
* MAC Studio Sculpt Concealer - NW15
* Kevyn Aucoin SSE - SX01
* Hourglass Arch Brow Sculpting Pencil - Ash
* MAC Paint Pot - Tailor Grey (all over lid, also used sparingly as a contour)
* Urban Decay Eyeshadow - Verve (from Naked 2 Palette; applied mainly to the centre of the lid and blended out)
* MAC Blush - Next to Skin
* MAC Mattene - Personal Pick
* MAC Lipstick - Feed the Senses (used to tone down the other lippie a little bit)

Latest posts