Resolution LOW-BUY 2016

shellygrrl

Staff member
FOTD...

* Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer (this is pretty much done; I'm basically taking from the pump tube at this point)
* mix of MUFE Ultra HD - 117/Y225 + MAC Face and Body - White
* MAC Studio Sculpt Concealer - NW15
* Hourglass Arch Brow Sculpt Pencil - Ash
* NARS Smudgeproof Eyeshadow Base
* MAC Paint Pot - Nice Composure
* UD Eyeshadow - Tease (from Naked 2)
* Bare Minerals Flawless Definition Mascara
* NARS Blush - Sex Appeal
* NARS Satin Lip Pencil - Rikugien

PixieDancer

Hi, Pixie! :yay: :reddance: :catdance:

Pixie! *faints* The legend herself! Welcome back!! These threads have been an epic journey over the years for sure. So awesome that you've broken the hoarding cycle. It truly never ends and it feels awesome to step off that roller coaster.

Pixie! Great to see you here. It's so great to hear that you've reached your goals. You're so right about the LE/hoarding cycle, it never ends unless one actively decides to step out of it.

I'm more and more bored of LEs. This fills me with happiness because two years ago, it was all excitement and stress.

Btw, I manged to finish two lip products this month, and it feels like a major victory. It really helped me to realize how darn long my stash is gonna last, so there's no need to save up certain favorite products for special occasions etc.

Hello Pixie! Glad to hear you're doing well!

Hello sweeties! It really DOES feel liberating to break the "buying for the sake of buying" cycle! I can walk by a MAC and Sephora without HAVING to "just look" ... which we all konw what THAT turns into! I'm taking my "no/low buy" one step further too by destashing things that are going unloved! I have been cringing at just how many products are just sitting there aging in my stash that I've only used a handful of times. I actually have a whole box of backups that are UNTOUCHED! To think I thought some LE product would be SOOOOOO amazing that there would never be a replacement! There are honestly only THREE backup/discontinued products I've used up. In most ALL situations with my backups, I've hardly gone through half of the original product! Mostly because of the sheer MAGNITUDE of my collection! I had to tell myself... no one but YOU (and maybe dozens of Specktra peeps HeeHee) can tell the difference between one orange/red lipstick and another near dupe that you need BOTH and BACKUPS OF BOTH! Trust me... I still LOVE makeup! Use it daily! Still have my beloved products and brands. But I'm FINALLY really focused on using my great products and loves and not feeling anxious about replacing them with the "next best thing." I know new products come out, and formulas improve, but companies STILL churn out duds too! One after another. So new doesn't always equal improved! So unless something just isn't working for me, and I love it, I use it! And if I don't... I let it go!

So happy to be chatting with you ladies again!! And again, SUPER PROUD to see that everyone is still making such great progress! You all ROCK!

Last edited:

VAL4M

Hello sweeties! It really DOES feel liberating to break the "buying for the sake of buying" cycle! I can walk by a MAC and Sephora without HAVING to "just look" ... which we all konw what THAT turns into! I'm taking my "no/low buy" one step further too by destashing things that are going unloved! I have been cringing at just how many products are just sitting there aging in my stash that I've only used a handful of times. I actually have a whole box of backups that are UNTOUCHED! To think I thought some LE product would be SOOOOOO amazing that there would never be a replacement! There are honestly only THREE backup/discontinued products I've used up. In most ALL situations with my backups, I've hardly gone through half of the original product! Mostly because of the sheer MAGNITUDE of my collection! I had to tell myself... no one but YOU (and maybe dozens of Specktra peeps HeeHee) can tell the difference between one orange/red lipstick and another near dupe that you need BOTH and BACKUPS OF BOTH! Trust me... I still LOVE makeup! Use it daily! Still have my beloved products and brands. But I'm FINALLY really focused on using my great products and loves and not feeling anxious about replacing them with the "next best thing." I know new products come out, and formulas improve, but companies STILL churn out duds too! One after another. So new doesn't always equal improved! So unless something just isn't working for me, and I love it, I use it! And if I don't... I let it go!

So happy to be chatting with you ladies again!! And again, SUPER PROUD to see that everyone is still making such great progress! You all ROCK!

happy to see you again here! And I agree when It take a year of almost everyday wear to use up a small blush do we really need a backup when you have a 50, 100 of them. LOL

Alysse011

My FOTD

-Gerda Spillmann Bip-Fond foundation in Praline
-Charlotte Tilbury Retoucher concealer
-Anastasia Dipbrow in Taupe
-UD primer potion
-MAC shadows: wedge in crease, wooodwinked on lid, and nylon on inner corner
-Bobbi Brown Chocolate Shimmer Ink gel liner
-Chanel le Volume mascara
-RMS buriti bronzer
-CdP highlighter
-MAC Siren Song lippie with Marc Jacobs Love Buzz gloss

fur4elise

Hello Ladies! I am just checking in to see how everyone is doing!?? I am proud to have started the original low-buy thread in 2014! On a site like Specktra, I didn't think it would go over well... AT ALL! Heehee Now that it's onto its THIRD thread, it's clear that many of us are trying to love makeup but curb our over-spending and over-indulging...After the Specktra site update, I was locked out of my account for awhile. But now that I can get back in, I'll be better about checking in on my favorite LOW-BUY TEAM!! xoxo

Cheers Pixie! Thank you for starting such an awesome thread! Since I have joined with these ladies I can say I have done a bang up job of cleaning, clearing out & dekrappifying, not only my beauty stash but may other areas in my life.

It has completely changes my consumption, my collecting, my letting go of and in the end how I am using all of my "STUFF!"
I am being far more selective about anything LE and/or high end! Having more is not necessarily better nor does it mean it will get properly used! For example...I am turning in 9 "dead" MAC lip glasses for B2M! 9, more than 3/4 full tubes with rancid gloss that just sat for years untouched and unused...so sad and wasteful! :(

It is great to come here for support and accountability, yet no judgement or disappointment if any one slips...lots of helpful suggestions and tips. I am very thankful! So cheers again for starting a great thread! Long Live Low/No Buy!
ChampagneToast.gif

On that note...Oh My! I have not been in here for almost 2 weeks.
:scram:Okay so where am I with low buy? Actually, in pretty good shape.
No new CC charges and any monies spent were cash in hand or paid immediately after the charge was made :thumbsup: I paid off my last CC balance and have not touched my savings!

New running shoes, Pearl Izumi EM Road - a $97.00 investment! I over-pronate, need stability and cushioning. Officially 3 weeks in, up to 2 miles a day, between 10-13 miles a week. I am taking it easy and easing into building my endurance. My 47 year old muscles & bones will not let me go crazy without consequences. The best part is I take puppy with me and she loves our early morning runs! Early morning also means we avoid other dogs and their peoples...Lots of bad doggie ettiquette in our neighborhood for sure! I also stopped by VS and purchased 3 pairs of training pants. I raved about them elsewhere but they really are great. They are on sale 50% in store until May 5th. Any of my training gear & clothing is truly an investment in my health, so I tend not to go cheap...however I always buy quality on sale.
20160426_161418-01_resized.jpeg

Beauty Stuffs! -
:hide:Uh...ummm...aaah...lol.

Okay so the Commodity set (from Sephora) did not lead to any new fragrance purchase. Instead of letting it sit I immediately passed it on to one of my student workers. I am already into my Atelier Cologne 25 piece sampler and have given away several of those as well. I toil on. Thus far only one has potential for a bottle purchase...

Speaking of Sephora, I did hit VIB, stupid me...after resisting the sale! I ended up purchasing the Benefit Cheekathon palette I've been lusting after but stacked it with some nice freebies (the fragrance sampler & the 500 point Dior gift). Then of course making VIB they give you a coupon...so I also purchased the Viseart Minx palette (in lieu of any more MAC e/s pans) and a couple of the d/c Urban Decay Sheer Revolution lip colors. Last thing was an in-store purchase...I came this close to buying the Minnie lipstick...so friggin' cute! BUT I was good and only allowed for 1 item. KVD Everlasting Liquid Lipstick in Santa Sangre. :heart: Love it! Perfect date night red that does not end up all over my face when I eat & drink or kiss the hubby.

LE/Special Collection Stuffs - Nada zip zilch. I was tempted yesterday by Whirl (lip & liner) & Pamela (Vamplify) in the Brooke Candy release but said no.

I am officially "over" the MAC Vibe Tribe thread. I tried to defend where the concept, color story & designs came from last month and was kindly asked to not discuss it in that thread...then the interwebs jumped all over it a few days ago and the discussion popped back up again. The whole thing has taken the fun & joy out of that collection for me.

I am in love with the Chris Chang release. I can live with the cultural inspiration of that collection and do not see it as inappropriate appropriation! I only lust for 2 items from the whole collection. Completely reasonable in my book. I'm hold onto that $10 off coupon until that release.

The only thing tempting me right now is the Tatcha Kyoto Red Silk lipstick. I got an email today for a 48 hour exclusive sale before it becomes available on May 1st. I put out a query to see if anyone else here has it and what they think of it. To me this would be my high end lippie splurge. I missed out on the Tatcha Plum Blossom and have not been able to get any feed back on the Guerlain Rouge G lippies. Thoughts ladies?

Have a great weekend!

Alysse011

Cheers Pixie! Thank you for starting such an awesome thread! Since I have joined with these ladies I can say I have done a bang up job of cleaning, clearing out & dekrappifying, not only my beauty stash but may other areas in my life.

It has completely changes my consumption, my collecting, my letting go of and in the end how I am using all of my "STUFF!"
I am being far more selective about anything LE and/or high end! Having more is not necessarily better nor does it mean it will get properly used! For example...I am turning in 9 "dead" MAC lip glasses for B2M! 9, more than 3/4 full tubes with rancid gloss that just sat for years untouched and unused...so sad and wasteful! :(

It is great to come here for support and accountability, yet no judgement or disappointment if any one slips...lots of helpful suggestions and tips. I am very thankful! So cheers again for starting a great thread! Long Live Low/No Buy!
View attachment 53827

No new CC charges and any monies spent were cash in hand or paid immediately after the charge was made :thumbsup: I paid off my last CC balance and have not touched my savings!

New running shoes, Pearl Izumi EM Road - a $97.00 investment! I over-pronate, need stability and cushioning. Officially 3 weeks in, up to 2 miles a day, between 10-13 miles a week. I am taking it easy and easing into building my endurance. My 47 year old muscles & bones will not let me go crazy without consequences. The best part is I take puppy with me and she loves our early morning runs! Early morning also means we avoid other dogs and their peoples...Lots of bad doggie ettiquette in our neighborhood for sure! I also stopped by VS and purchased 3 pairs of training pants. I raved about them elsewhere but they really are great. They are on sale 50% in store until May 5th. Any of my training gear & clothing is truly an investment in my health, so I tend not to go cheap...however I always buy quality on sale.
View attachment 53825

Beauty Stuffs! -

Okay so the Commodity set (from Sephora) did not lead to any new fragrance purchase. Instead of letting it sit I immediately passed it on to one of my student workers. I am already into my Atelier Cologne 25 piece sampler and have given away several of those as well. I toil on. Thus far only one has potential for a bottle purchase...

Speaking of Sephora, I did hit VIB, stupid me...after resisting the sale! I ended up purchasing the Benefit Cheekathon palette I've been lusting after but stacked it with some nice freebies (the fragrance sampler & the 500 point Dior gift). Then of course making VIB they give you a coupon...so I also purchased the Viseart Minx palette (in lieu of any more MAC e/s pans) and a couple of the d/c Urban Decay Sheer Revolution lip colors. Last thing was an in-store purchase...I came this close to buying the Minnie lipstick...so friggin' cute! BUT I was good and only allowed for 1 item. KVD Everlasting Liquid Lipstick in Santa Sangre. :heart: Love it! Perfect date night red that does not end up all over my face when I eat & drink or kiss the hubby.

LE/Special Collection Stuffs - Nada zip zilch. I was tempted yesterday by Whirl (lip & liner) & Pamela (Vamplify) in the Brooke Candy release but said no.

I am officially "over" the MAC Vibe Tribe thread. I tried to defend where the concept, color story & designs came from last month and was kindly asked to not discuss it in that thread...then the interwebs jumped all over it a few days ago and the discussion popped back up again. The whole thing has taken the fun & joy out of that collection for me.

I am in love with the Chris Chang release. I can live with the cultural inspiration of that collection and do not see it as inappropriate appropriation! I only lust for 2 items from the whole collection. Completely reasonable in my book. I'm hold onto that $10 off coupon until that release.

The only thing tempting me right now is the Tatcha Kyoto Red Silk lipstick. I got an email today for a 48 hour exclusive sale before it becomes available on May 1st. I put out a query to see if anyone else here has it and what they think of it. To me this would be my high end lippie splurge. I missed out on the Tatcha Plum Blossom and have not been able to get any feed back on the Guerlain Rouge G lippies. Thoughts ladies?

Have a great weekend!

Sounds like you've done very well!! I need some new running shoes, but it's kind of more of a want than a need right now. I'll probably end up buying some by summer's end.

As far as the Rouge G lippies: very nice. I love the packaging compared to similarly priced lippies from other brands. I only have one (a beautiful LE red from I believe Christmas 2014), but I really love it. I believe quite a few ladies on the boards like them.

I have done well too! I purchased a lip liner, Hourglass Eden, and it's quite lovely. I got it because Stassi wore it in an episode of Vanderpump Rules and I loved it. Once I found out what she had on, I went and got it haha. Also...Vanderpump Rules is a very very guilty pleasure of mine. Embarrassing, but I feel this is a safe place :roflmao::roflmao:

B

Buffy89

View attachment 53827

View attachment 53825

Beauty Stuffs! -

Have a great weekend!

Great to hear you're doing quite well. The lip gloss thing...I guess I got the same problem. I have kept 15 or so glosses in my declutter, but now I dislike most of them. Keeping them feels like goo hoarding. The only one I really like is a Chanel Glossimer which feels comfy apllied, but the Mac ones? Nope.
I'm also so very over the Vibe Tribe collection. Still reading the thread because I am curious, but I cannot purchase a single item. My feelings about the whole thing are like yours.
At the moment, I'm more interested in perm things anyway. I purchased an Omega eyeshadow backup (brow powder) and Brown Script because they're on the chopping block. And I bought a Versicolor lipstain/gloss thingy in Tattoo my Heart, a muted coral shade. I like using perm things so much more, kinda don't know why. Probably I don't have that silly "fear of losing" which comes around with LE stuff for me.

shellygrrl

Staff member
Well done, Elise! :rocker:

One last makeup purchase for me this month, though it won't get here until beginning of May: Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder for Eyes. Both a lemming I've had for a while and a need (I had nothing for setting undereye concealer, and Rimmel's Stay Matte doesn't really do much for me in that regard).

Last edited:

VAL4M

View attachment 53827

View attachment 53825

Beauty Stuffs! -

Have a great weekend!
Do you like your shoes?? I run now with NB 1080 and NB Vazee rush i'm neutral and run mostly half and Full Marathon so sometime I need cushioning.
I really like Rouge G I have like 20 of them... I have a problem hehehehe.
I really like that they are full coverage, long lasting but still really comfy on the lips not the most hydrating but not drying either. as for Tatcha I still didn't catch the bug so no lemming here.
Vibe tribe controversy, I know some native people, work with them, went to school with and trust me they couldn't care less. What they do care about is good condition of leaving, fair chance of having job and end of racist against them ....
MAC compact is not even on their radar, when you dont have good water to drink and youth suicide epidemic in your city, should a design on a makeup compact be a priority Hello!?!?

Last edited:

shellygrrl

Staff member
I imagine there are those angry about persistent cultural appropriation (it isn't just Vibe Tribe packaging et al) AND the lack of clean water AND suicide epidemics in Native communities. People can be concerned about multiple things.

shellygrrl

Staff member
And on a totally different note! FOTD!

* MUFE Step 1 - Mattifying Primer (forehead)
* MUFE Step 1 - Smoothing Primer (across nose)
* mix of MUFE Ultra HD - 117/Y225 + MAC Face and Body - White
* Hourglass Arch Brow Sculpting Pencil - Ash
* Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette - Busted (inner and outer third), YDK (centre of lid), Tease (crease), Foxy (above crease/toward brow, to blend out harsh lines)
* MAC Blush - Next to Skin (contour)
* NARS Satin Lip Pencil - Rikugien

veronikawithak

Wrapping up April!

Makeup purchases
- 2 blushes (summer colors)
- 4 lipsticks (summer colors, replacements for the 2 I wore during the winter season)
- 1 eyeshadow palette (summer colors)
- 1 BB cream (trying out a new brand - to switch up with my powder foundation)
- 1 mascara (replacement)

Current makeup inventory
Foundation: 2 (one BB cream, one loose powder sample)
Eyeshadows: 17 (two palettes)
Eyeshadow primer: 1
Mascara: 1
Lipsticks: 4 (peachy nude, peach, plum rose, dusty rose)
Blushes: 3 (rose, peach, nude)
Contour powder: 1
Total: 29

Also bought some perfume and found some amazing clothing from a designer I recently discovered. Oh and I bought a new handbag for summer as well - a smaller cross-body. Between all of that and running out of most of my skincare and hair care over the past few weeks it was definitely a higher spending month than usual.

There are a couple more makeup items I'd like to try that are coming out this month (not LE, just new products) but other than that I think I'm done my seasonal shopping - fortunately for my bank account!

I've also been doing a bit more decluttering of my wardrobe after figuring out what I've been wearing regularly and adding those new pieces in.

PixieDancer

Wrapping up April!

Makeup purchases
- 2 blushes (summer colors)
- 4 lipsticks (summer colors, replacements for the 2 I wore during the winter season)
- 1 eyeshadow palette (summer colors)
- 1 BB cream (trying out a new brand - to switch up with my powder foundation)
- 1 mascara (replacement)

Current makeup inventory
Foundation: 2 (one BB cream, one loose powder sample)
Eyeshadows: 17 (two palettes)
Eyeshadow primer: 1
Mascara: 1
Lipsticks: 4 (peachy nude, peach, plum rose, dusty rose)
Blushes: 3 (rose, peach, nude)
Contour powder: 1
Total: 29

Also bought some perfume and found some amazing clothing from a designer I recently discovered. Oh and I bought a new handbag for summer as well - a smaller cross-body. Between all of that and running out of most of my skincare and hair care over the past few weeks it was definitely a higher spending month than usual.

There are a couple more makeup items I'd like to try that are coming out this month (not LE, just new products) but other than that I think I'm done my seasonal shopping - fortunately for my bank account!

I've also been doing a bit more decluttering of my wardrobe after figuring out what I've been wearing regularly and adding those new pieces in.

Good job with keeping your stash light and useful! I wish I could say the same! But I haven't been adding, so THAT'S a huge improvemnet for me!! I just need to do some focusing on destashing palettes I'm not finding useful or better quality than other things I know I love. If a pre-made palette isn't useful without having to reach for a bunch of other shades to make it work, it needs to go. I just have TOO much to enjoy without going through that hassle. I am having more fun shopping my stash and building temporary palettes to use. Then I can constantly update them with new shades I want to try or update seasonally to make sure everything is getting into a good rotation. Makes it MUCH easier to narrow down the most loved products!

Your post also reminded me it might be time for a wardrobe declutter for Spring/Summer! I loathe doing these, but find I enjoy my clothes more when I purge. Sometimes too many choices isn't always a good thing!

B

Buffy89

@veronikawithak, I really admire that you are happy with your makeup kit! I guess it allows you to make easy choices in the morning.

@PixieDancer Decluttering is so much fun and I am always proud seeing the results. You're so right, too many options can be distracting. I hope I'll have some spare time soon for a wardrobe and makeup collection update. Although my wardrobe is quite "in shape" because of my last declutter, there's room for improvement again.

veronikawithak

Good job with keeping your stash light and useful! I wish I could say the same! But I haven't been adding, so THAT'S a huge improvemnet for me!! I just need to do some focusing on destashing palettes I'm not finding useful or better quality than other things I know I love. If a pre-made palette isn't useful without having to reach for a bunch of other shades to make it work, it needs to go. I just have TOO much to enjoy without going through that hassle. I am having more fun shopping my stash and building temporary palettes to use. Then I can constantly update them with new shades I want to try or update seasonally to make sure everything is getting into a good rotation. Makes it MUCH easier to narrow down the most loved products!

Your post also reminded me it might be time for a wardrobe declutter for Spring/Summer! I loathe doing these, but find I enjoy my clothes more when I purge. Sometimes too many choices isn't always a good thing!

Yes light and useful is key for me! I really only ever do neutral looks now and having a lot of products makes me anxious. Great point about the palettes. I have one pre-made that's very neutral for everyday and then a small z-palette of slightly more adventurous shades. Rotating shadows in and out is a great idea, and good call on destashing some unloved palettes too! You'll have to let us know how it goes.

@veronikawithak, I really admire that you are happy with your makeup kit! I guess it allows you to make easy choices in the morning.

@PixieDancer Decluttering is so much fun and I am always proud seeing the results. You're so right, too many options can be distracting. I hope I'll have some spare time soon for a wardrobe and makeup collection update. Although my wardrobe is quite "in shape" because of my last declutter, there's room for improvement again.

Thanks! I really enjoy being able to choose from one or two options. Also it's nice to be able to replace products regularly after mostly using them up.

fur4elise

Sounds like you've done very well!! I need some new running shoes, but it's kind of more of a want than a need right now. I'll probably end up buying some by summer's end.

As far as the Rouge G lippies: very nice. I love the packaging compared to similarly priced lippies from other brands. I only have one (a beautiful LE red from I believe Christmas 2014), but I really love it. I believe quite a few ladies on the boards like them.

^^^^^I Must Have All The RED! ;)

I have done well too! I purchased a lip liner, Hourglass Eden, and it's quite lovely. I got it because Stassi wore it in an episode of Vanderpump Rules and I loved it. Once I found out what she had on, I went and got it haha. Also...Vanderpump Rules is a very very guilty pleasure of mine. Embarrassing, but I feel this is a safe place :roflmao::roflmao:

Great to hear you're doing quite well. The lip gloss thing...I guess I got the same problem. I have kept 15 or so glosses in my declutter, but nowI dislike most of them. Keeping them feels like goo hoarding. The only one I really like is a Chanel Glossimer which feels comfy apllied, but the Mac ones? Nope.

I'm also so very over the Vibe Tribe collection. Still reading the thread because I am curious, but I cannot purchase a single item. My feelings about the whole thing are like yours.

At the moment, I'm more interested in perm things anyway. I purchased an Omega eyeshadow backup (brow powder) and Brown Script because they're on the chopping block. And I bought a Versicolor lipstain/gloss thingy in Tattoo my Heart, a muted coral shade. I like using perm things so much more, kinda don't know why. Probably I don't have that silly "fear of losing" which comes around with LE stuff for me.
^^^^^I did a B2M of the glosses and listed the 2 lippies I got on evilBay :hide:
However, I priced them below retail ;) Win Win. No hoarding and someone will get a couple nice new MAC lipsticks. I'm pretty sure I am going to ditch the rest of the glosses pretty soon...

^^^^^What do you think of the Versicolor?

Do you like your shoes?? I run now with NB 1080 and NB Vazee rush i'm neutral and run mostly half and Full Marathon so sometimes I need cushioning.

I really like Rouge G I have like 20 of them... I have a problem hehehehe.
I really like that they are full coverage, long lasting but still really comfy on the lips not the most hydrating but not drying either. as for Tatcha I still didn't catch the bug so no lemming here.

^^^^^Even though I did go in for the Tatcha, I am keeping Rouge G in my lust/must splurge list ;)

Vibe tribe controversy, I know some native people, work with them, went to school with and trust me they couldn't care less. What they do care about is good condition of leaving, fair chance of having job and end of racist against them .... MAC compact is not even on their radar, when you dont have good water to drink and youth suicide epidemic in your city, should a design on a makeup compact be a priority Hello!?!?

^^^^^Girl I am super impressed! I used to run in early 2000's! i did a few 5Ks, 10Ks, I did one 30K and one full marathon. Then life changed and running fell to the wayside. As a competitive bodybuilder, sport running is considered catabolic ("muscle eating"). well, I am not competing this year and the puppy and I are enjoying our daily 2 mile jaunts!

Abby_PostRun_May16.jpg
"Post AM Cardio Coma"

I love my new running shoes! I have only put about 14 miles on them but they fit great, provide great support & control and are very cushy! A vast improvement over my years old bricks!

Tatcha_KyotoSilk.jpg

Beauty Stuffs: So yup! I did splurge on the Tatcha Kyoto Silk and it is hands down it is the loveliest beauty item I have. I posted the pic above on the Sephora thread but wanted to share here. It arrived packaged so nicely along with some nice samples and a handwritten thank you. The lip colour is in the most substantial heavy packaging I have ever held. It is a luxury treasure! If the Rouge G and Christian Louboutin are as substantial and special as this lipstick, I can see adding one of each of those to my "treasure chest!" Having already planned & budgeted for MAC x Chris Chang I did order the compact and Vermillion Vee lipstick. Such pretty colorful packaging! I'm excited to add the compact to my Saturday night date bag! That's it for beauty this week.

Other unexpected expense: My phone! It was time to switch out my phone, so I did that on Sunday. I ended up with a Samsung Galaxy S7. Which precipitated the need for a new OtterBox case to protect it. Perfect timing! I am Project Runway fan and just last week the All Stars had an OtterBox challenge. The winner Dom Streater's pattern was made available as soon as the episode ended. Perfectly my style, plus I love that green!
SamsungS7_DomStreater_PRAS_2016.jpg

The closet dekrappification continues on and it is going very well! I have 2 more huge contractor garbage bags to take to Good Will! It feels so good to continue clearing out unused, unwanted stuff. And as of right now, I have no need to go shopping for anything. I love when I open up bins & bags and discover I already stowed brand new, end of season purchases. So I am having fun "shopping" in my own closet. :D

Last edited:
B

Buffy89

@fur4elise re: Versicolor, I like it a lot. At first it looks like a gloss, but isn't very sticky like usual Mac glosses. The formula feels quite watery. The shine fades slowly when I drink something, and the stain remains on the lips. The color fades elegantly when I eat. I can go around 5 (or even longer?) hours without reapplying when I only drink but don't eat. I'm constantly sipping coffee or water, so quite a lot of the shine transfers to the cups, and the product might perform even better on people who drink less. I won't purchase all the shades immediately because of my big lip collection, but in the future, I'm curious to try one of the pink shades.

VAL4M

^^^^^Girl I am super impressed! I used to run in early 2000's! i did a few 5Ks, 10Ks, I did one 30K and one full marathon. Then life changed and running fell to the wayside. As a competitive bodybuilder, sport running is considered catabolic ("muscle eating"). well, I am not competing this year and the puppy and I are enjoying our daily 2 mile jaunts!

View attachment 53985
"Post AM Cardio Coma"

I love my new running shoes! I have only put about 14 miles on them but they fit great, provide great support & control and are very cushy! A vast improvement over my years old bricks!

Hahaha I was a gym rat before and changed for the great outdoor! Good for you to be able to able to go to the gym. I do have a gym membership and have a hard time going there once a week and the gym is 20 STEPS away from my house i'm really not kidding!! but I'm running 6 to 9 hours a week and can only do leg work (the reason why I decide to go back to the gym) Tuesday and Thursday. and yes life get i the way for me too! I will probably need new running shoes in June (I usually go 3 pairs a year) so I will try them just to change my 'look' LOL

Awe almost forgot the ''puppy''.... life so hard for him, right! Poor little thing... yes I wish I could do like him after a run. It will be so NICE!!! LOL

Last edited:

shellygrrl

Staff member
FOTD...

* MUFE Step 1 - Smoothing Primer (across nose)
* MUFE Step 1 - Mattifying Primer (across nose and forehead)
* MUFE Ultra HD - Y205 (didn't feel like playing mixologist today)
* Kevyn Aucoin SSE - SX01
* Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder (thoughts below)
* Benefit Gimme Brow - Medium/Deep
* Urban Decay eyeshadow - Foxy (from Naked 2)
* MAC Eyeshadow - Omega
* MAC Blush - Taupe (used as a bronzer)
* NYX Slim Lipliner Pencil - Baby Pink

So, the Secret Brightening Powder. Overall, I like it. I noticed a little creasing under my right eye at about the seven-hour mark (my lines are a little deeper on that side), but I think that may be pretty common. I applied the stuff with the tip of my beautyblender. Not a bad tool to use but a bit big for me.

shellygrrl

Staff member
FOTD...
* MUFE Step 1 - Mattifying Primer
* MUFE Ultra HD - Y225/117 + MAC Face and Body - White
* Kevyn Aucoin SSE - SX01
* Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder
* Hourglass Arch Brow Sculpt Pencil - Ash
* MAC Eyeshadow - Satin Taupe