Resolution LOW-BUY 2016

fur4elise

:wavey: Shelly! Thanks, I feel like I made a lot of progress last year and am sort of in a semi-maintenance stage, at least with most of my shopping habits. Always enjoy your FOTDs!

Yes! I started using Mint in July of last year and couldn't believe how much we were spending on eating out. We've gotten so much better at eating healthier and have probably cut our food spending by half.

Super smart to only purchase something when you have the money for it - that's how I was brought up but when I had to take out loans for school that kind of went out the window because debt was viewed to be normal and acceptable. Seems to be less and less common to pay for things with money you actually have these days! I'm still a little bit on the credit card float - using credit cards for groceries and things over two weeks and then paying that off every paycheck along with my regular payments and interest. Making payments every two weeks instead of after every statement helps me keep on track and also helps lower the interest a little bit - and every little bit helps. I'm working on paying back a $7000+ balance from July when we moved, but I'm almost halfway and in a couple of months it should be gone when I pay off the last chunk with my tax return. At that point I'll have an emergency fund sitting in my account at all times and I hope to never have a balance past the grace period again. The amount of interest I've paid in the last 7 months was a wake up call for sure. I've been using YNAB now instead of Mint which I like a lot better and I'm finally on the right track!

All the best with applying for jobs! I hope you find a good fit soon and get out of that environment. I feel like on some level I'll never really overcome the retail therapy thing. I've been doing so well for the last couple of months and then over the weekend I felt the urge to purchase rising again. I was able to resist, but it shows me that I always have to be self-aware. It was my birthday over the weekend and I made plans with 6 of my friends - everyone cancelled. It seems to be the trend for me lately - there's always something going on so people tend to avoid committing to plans to keep their options open or make plans and then cancel. I'm trying to make sure I cultivate that inner happiness and motivation instead of relying on other people for that self-esteem boost. Definitely a work in progress.

Thank you! :)

Thank you! "Spontaneous" aka "waiting to see if something better comes along." ;)

I think making sure that your happiness comes from within yourself is one of the best things you can do.. no need to rely on unreliable people or that short-term high from the new & shiny. Still working on that but things really started to turn around for me last year when I realized that I needed to work smart, not hard. Being restrictive and trying to fit yourself into a box usually doesn't work as well as finding more positive and beneficial things to focus on.

^^^^^^Happy Belated Birthday! Boo! Shame on them for missing an opportunity to make fun lasting memories!

I love your reflections on inner happiness. No matter how sparkly shiny the outside e.g. clothing, shoes, jewelry, & makeup, true shine comes from inside not stuffs. I learned a few years ago that no one person, no one thing is responsible for my happiness. It lands on us to control / modify our responses to those around us. Block bad energy, cultivate peace around ourselves, invite those in who energize, invite those in who are authentic, do things that make you happy! etc.

Well ladies happy weekend! I've gone another week with a no beauty buy! Really not too hard with no outstanding sales and no releases calling my name.

I'm also ready to dive back into my "dekrappification" of my stuff! Currently it is my costume jewelry, watch collection & some fine jewelry. Waaaay to much stuff just sitting in drawers getting no love no attention. I've become a minimalist, just wearing my diamond earrings, wedding rings & my sterling silver promise key necklace. Oh and my Polar A300 watch (fitness tracker & heart rate monitor with exchangeable bands). It is time to let it all go. So I will gift some of it & list stuff on eBay. I look at it this way, I will be able generate a small fund that can be used for either a new fitness watch and/or a beauty splurge. But Oi! It takes time to take pics, measure things & write descriptions. On the flip side it feels great to lighten the heavy stuff load! :D

Last edited:

Chelsssea

Hey gals. I'm usually a lurker on this board, but wanted in on the low buy. I just made a purchase from the OCC sale (really too good..), but following that, this year I would like to only 1-find the perfect concealer, and purchase items that I have absolutely run out of. I honestly have so much makeup and skincare, that I don't think I'll completely run out of anything :-x Thanks for giving me something to browse through and some motivation!

shellygrrl

Staff member
Welcome!

Yesterday's FOTD (I post these to track usage of what I have)...

* MUFE Step 1 - Mattifying Primer (across forehead)
* MUFE Step 1 - Smoothing Primer (across nose and where I'm most porous)
* MUFE Ultra HD Foundation - mix of Y205 (1.5 pumps) and 117/Y225 (1 pump)
* MAC Studio Sculpt Concealer - NW15
* Benefit Gimme Brow - Medium/Deep
* NARS Smudgeproof Eyeshadow Base
* MAC Paint Pot - Tailor Grey (all over lid)
* MAC Eyeshadows - Omega and Copperplate (crease/transition aid)
* Makeup Geek Eyeshadow - Rockstar (inner corner)
* Sephora Waterproof Contour Eyeliner Pencil - Black Lace (tightline)
* Bare Minerals Flawless Definition Mascara
* NARS Blushes - mix of Sex Appeal and Sex Fantasy
* MAC Lipstick - Feed the Senses

And today I went to Kohls, Ulta, and a Sephora Inside JCPenney. No makeup purchased at Kohls (I did swatch some foundations and a tinted moisturizer) or Ulta (bought an OPI nailpolish and a mini heat protectant spray by Living Proof to try out; tried on It Cosmetics Bye Bye Undereye to see if it'd be something I'd purchase when the time came to get a new undereye concealer). At SiJCP, I did buy a few makeup bits (all things I've tried previously and enjoy -- full size Benefit Gimme Brow, full size Mattifying Primer from MUFE, mini Hydrating Primer) and one skincare item (Boscia Makeup-Breakup Cool Cleansing Oil), and turned in some points for a Josie Maran set (mini argan oil, mini hydrating milk, mini lip and cheek tinted balm-type thingie, and a highlighting powder), and I did a fair bit of swatching and one try-on (MUFE Smoky Lash). Since I don't live near any of these stores, swatching and trying stuff on in person becomes even more valuable to me, I think.

fur4elise

Hey gals. I'm usually a lurker on this board, but wanted in on the low buy. I just made a purchase from the OCC sale (really too good..), but following that, this year I would like to only 1-find the perfect concealer, and purchase items that I have absolutely run out of. I honestly have so much makeup and skincare, that I don't think I'll completely run out of anything :-x Thanks for giving me something to browse through and some motivation!

Welcome welcome! Always room in this group! What did ya get from OCC? I recently dug out some of the original Lip Tars I purchased and forgot about. Some good stuff there!

Welcome!

Yesterday's FOTD (I post these to track usage of what I have)...

* MUFE Step 1 - Mattifying Primer (across forehead)
* MUFE Step 1 - Smoothing Primer (across nose and where I'm most porous)
* MUFE Ultra HD Foundation - mix of Y205 (1.5 pumps) and 117/Y225 (1 pump)
* MAC Studio Sculpt Concealer - NW15
* Benefit Gimme Brow - Medium/Deep
* NARS Smudgeproof Eyeshadow Base
* MAC Paint Pot - Tailor Grey (all over lid)
* MAC Eyeshadows - Omega and Copperplate (crease/transition aid)
* Makeup Geek Eyeshadow - Rockstar (inner corner)
* Sephora Waterproof Contour Eyeliner Pencil - Black Lace (tightline)
* Bare Minerals Flawless Definition Mascara
* NARS Blushes - mix of Sex Appeal and Sex Fantasy
* MAC Lipstick - Feed the Senses

And today I went to Kohls, Ulta, and a Sephora Inside JCPenney. No makeup purchased at Kohls (I did swatch some foundations and a tinted moisturizer) or Ulta (bought an OPI nailpolish and a mini heat protectant spray by Living Proof to try out; tried on It Cosmetics Bye Bye Undereye to see if it'd be something I'd purchase when the time came to get a new undereye concealer). At SiJCP, I did buy a few makeup bits (all things I've tried previously and enjoy -- full size Benefit Gimme Brow, full size Mattifying Primer from MUFE, mini Hydrating Primer) and one skincare item (Boscia Makeup-Breakup Cool Cleansing Oil), and turned in some points for a Josie Maran set (mini argan oil, mini hydrating milk, mini lip and cheek tinted balm-type thingie, and a highlighting powder), and I did a fair bit of swatching and one try-on (MUFE Smoky Lash). Since I don't live near any of these stores, swatching and trying stuff on in person becomes even more valuable to me, I think.

^^^^^All in all sounds like a fun time! I lose track of time once I get into Sephora & Ulta...I have to be careful or I'll end up back from lunch break really late
!
:rotfl:Especially if I get chatting makeup with any of the MUAs working.

I have two Living Proof No Frizz Weightless Styling Sprays (One for straight, one for curl) that I picked up last summer at Marshall's. I wanted to give them a try without the salon price tag. Very earthy, peppery in scent. Jury is still out. I need to replenish my curly hair products as I have finally used up all of my TIGI stuff. Not sure what to try next.

I have not touched my Sephora points at all. Do they ever offer super options
(+1000 points) for redeeming? Nothing has really caught my eye or fancy.

Would love your thoughts on the MUFE mattifying primer. I am currently using the Becca and really like it. It does extend the life of my foundation and I find I have to blot waaaay less.

You'll be proud of me! I pulled out some oldie but goodies from my MAC stash for some FOTDs including Mineralize Eccentricity (I used the heck out of this back in the day with the 2 gold colors just about to pan). Yesterday I used Metal X in Pink Inglot as a base to Quartz Fusion spritzed with Fix+ to control the glitter fallout. Shimmery Pretty Pinky = Happy Girl. :D

I have also been using my de-potted palettes (blues, purples, neutrals, greens, etc.) which are a mix of theBalm, MAC, UD, tarte, etc. I never properly labeled what was what so it's impossible sometimes to list exactly what I used.
:doh:

Still, its fun taking the daily challenge and put a little effort into being more creative. Not every look is a success but that is ok!

Alysse011

I'm really enjoying reading everyone's progress, and welcome to all new low-buyers!

I came to say that I am starting back a no buy. This is my first no but ever, but I have confidence. I actually just purchased a couple of items as a spring/summer wardrobe update. I was planning on them because I've been laid up in bed after oral surgery for the past 5 days...I waited to pull the trigger on everything until I knew I would be bored in bed and prone to purchasing online. I also purchased an Armani lip maestro that I really love and Tom Ford Moodlight highlighter. I had been wanting Moodlight since it came out. I didn't like it and ended up returning it. Kind of glad to be honest....it's no cheap item. I brought it back today and Nordstrom had the new YSL oil in stick lippies. I didn't even stop to look at the display.

Anyway, please help me be accountable for my no buy! Im pretty under control now. I just pick up the occasional item here and there. However, I'm shooting for not buying anything until the spring Sephora sale when I will get some skincare products. The only exceptions are mascara (I will replace mine at the end of February) and *maybe* self tanner. We will see. I'm trying to hold off on that. I'm also not buying any clothes or shoes until then (and hopefully through that date).

I've been on Pinterest pinning a lot of outfits I can recreate with clothes I already own and pinning makeup looks. I also drug my Marc Jacobs Starlette palette out. It's so pretty! I had forgotten how gorgeous and high quality it is. Anyway, I'm looking forward to fully enjoying everything I own. I'll be back soon :)

shellygrrl

Staff member

I have not touched my Sephora points at all. Do they ever offer super options for redeeming? Nothing has really caught my eye or fancy.

Once in a blue moon they offer perks worth 1000 points or more, but it's very rare, and they tend to go very quickly.

Occasionally I'll turn in points for 100 point perks, but it's very rare. And this was the first time I turned in points for a 500 point set. I chose a Josie Maran set. It's got a mini argan oil (useful for me as I'm nearly out of my light one), a mini hydrating milk treatment (first impression of it is pretty meh), a highlighting powder (seems to have more of a satin sheen than hardcore shimmer, and I don't have any dedicated highlighters in my stash, so yay!), and a lip/cheek oil thingie.

Would love your thoughts on the MUFE mattifying primer. I am currently using the Becca and really like it. It does extend the life of my foundation and I find I have to blot waaaay less.

I like it, but it can be hard to spread out/blend. I'm going to try mixing it with one of my other ones. How easy is the Becca one to work with?

You'll be proud of me! I pulled out some oldie but goodies from my MAC stash for some FOTDs including Mineralize Eccentricity (I used the heck out of this back in the day with the 2 gold colors just about to pan). Yesterday I used Metal X in Pink Inglot as a base to Quartz Fusion spritzed with Fix+ to control the glitter fallout. Shimmery Pretty Pinky = Happy Girl. :D

I have also been using my de-potted palettes (blues, purples, neutrals, greens, etc.) which are a mix of theBalm, MAC, UD, tarte, etc. I never properly labeled what was what so it's impossible sometimes to list exactly what I used.

Still, its fun taking the daily challenge and put a little effort into being more creative. Not every look is a success but that is ok!

Yay! :D

veronikawithak

^^^^^^Happy Belated Birthday! Boo! Shame on them for missing an opportunity to make fun lasting memories!

I love your reflections on inner happiness. No matter how sparkly shiny the outside e.g. clothing, shoes, jewelry, & makeup, true shine comes from inside not stuffs. I learned a few years ago that no one person, no one thing is responsible for my happiness. It lands on us to control / modify our responses to those around us. Block bad energy, cultivate peace around ourselves, invite those in who energize, invite those in who are authentic, do things that make you happy! etc.

Well ladies happy weekend! I've gone another week with a no beauty buy! Really not too hard with no outstanding sales and no releases calling my name.

I'm also ready to dive back into my "dekrappification" of my stuff! Currently it is my costume jewelry, watch collection & some fine jewelry. Waaaay to much stuff just sitting in drawers getting no love no attention. I've become a minimalist, just wearing my diamond earrings, wedding rings & my sterling silver promise key necklace. Oh and my Polar A300 watch (fitness tracker & heart rate monitor with exchangeable bands). It is time to let it all go. So I will gift some of it & list stuff on eBay. I look at it this way, I will be able generate a small fund that can be used for either a new fitness watch and/or a beauty splurge. But Oi! It takes time to take pics, measure things & write descriptions. On the flip side it feels great to lighten the heavy stuff load! :D

Thank you!

Yes, inner happiness and letting go of the unhealthy attachments to objects have been the two key factors in my shopping addiction recovery over the past few years. Do you follow The Minimalists? If not, they are awesome! I'm loving their new podcast series and can't wait to see their documentary. There are a lot of great minimalist YouTubers now as well like LightbyCoco.

Welcome! All the best on your low buy!!

I'm really enjoying reading everyone's progress, and welcome to all new low-buyers!

I came to say that I am starting back a no buy. This is my first no but ever, but I have confidence. I actually just purchased a couple of items as a spring/summer wardrobe update. I was planning on them because I've been laid up in bed after oral surgery for the past 5 days...I waited to pull the trigger on everything until I knew I would be bored in bed and prone to purchasing online. I also purchased an Armani lip maestro that I really love and Tom Ford Moodlight highlighter. I had been wanting Moodlight since it came out. I didn't like it and ended up returning it. Kind of glad to be honest....it's no cheap item. I brought it back today and Nordstrom had the new YSL oil in stick lippies. I didn't even stop to look at the display.

Anyway, please help me be accountable for my no buy! Im pretty under control now. I just pick up the occasional item here and there. However, I'm shooting for not buying anything until the spring Sephora sale when I will get some skincare products. The only exceptions are mascara (I will replace mine at the end of February) and *maybe* self tanner. We will see. I'm trying to hold off on that. I'm also not buying any clothes or shoes until then (and hopefully through that date).

I've been on Pinterest pinning a lot of outfits I can recreate with clothes I already own and pinning makeup looks. I also drug my Marc Jacobs Starlette palette out. It's so pretty! I had forgotten how gorgeous and high quality it is. Anyway, I'm looking forward to fully enjoying everything I own. I'll be back soon :)

Welcome back! Hope you have a lot of success with your first no buy!! I'm on my 3rd 100 day no buy now - I've been doing them twice a year as a way to get myself into the habit of purchasing makeup seasonally from a well-curated wishlist. I slipped up a bit in my first one but after that I was able to complete the next one successfully! My current one is running January-April (although now that I think about it, I haven't purchased any makeup since October!) and once I'm done that I plan to purchase some Spring/Summer makeup. I found it really helpful to keep a running wishlist and add notes as feelings change over the no buy. Then at the end there are usually clear stand-outs that I can purchase knowing I'll use and love them.

Something else I've found really helpful for no buys in particular (since they can be quite restrictive) is to think about it like prioritizing. Instead of "I can't buy ______ (makeup)" - I think about it like "I could buy ______, but I would rather spend that money on _______ (travel, being debt free, building savings, retirement planning, etc)."

You got this! :)

fur4elise

Welcome back! Hope you have a lot of success with your first no buy!! I'm on my 3rd 100 day no buy now - I've been doing them twice a year as a way to get myself into the habit of purchasing makeup seasonally from a well-curated wishlist. I slipped up a bit in my first one but after that I was able to complete the next one successfully! My current one is running January-April (although now that I think about it, I haven't purchased any makeup since October!) and once I'm done that I plan to purchase some Spring/Summer makeup. I found it really helpful to keep a running wishlist and add notes as feelings change over the no buy. Then at the end there are usually clear stand-outs that I can purchase knowing I'll use and love them.

Something else I've found really helpful for no buys in particular (since they can be quite restrictive) is to think about it like prioritizing. Instead of "I can't buy ______ (makeup)" - I think about it like "I could buy ______, but I would rather spend that money on _______ (travel, being debt free, building savings, retirement planning, etc)." You got this! :)

^^^^^THIS is exactly what I have been doing! :five: I have my wishlist and items get added or removed as I see swatches, read posts by ladies here, watch Youtube videos, etc. It's true feelings change over time especially if something does not perform well for others. Also, I keep on discovering all kinds of goodness in what I already have in my collections! It's shocking :eek: and a lot of fun too! ;)

veronikawithak

^^^^^THIS is exactly what I have been doing! :five: I have my wishlist and items get added or removed as I see swatches, read posts by ladies here, watch Youtube videos, etc. It's true feelings change over time especially if something does not perform well for others. Also, I keep on discovering all kinds of goodness in what I already have in my collections! It's shocking :eek: and a lot of fun too! ;)

Awesome! Shopping your stash is the best. :)

Alysse011

Thanks y'all! I love the positivity in this thread. It's always so nice to be here :)

FOTD:
-Guerlain Parure de Lumiere foundation
-By Terry Terrybly Densilis concealer
-Stila Watercolor Blush in poppy
-Becca cream contour
-Cle de Peau highlighter
-Marc Jacobs Starlette palette-2nd shade all over the lid
-Bobbi Brown chocolate shimmer ink gel liner
-Chanel le volume mascara
-Armani lip maestro in 507 (loooooooove)

fur4elise

Thanks y'all! I love the positivity in this thread. It's always so nice to be here :)

FOTD:
-Guerlain Parure de Lumiere foundation
-By Terry Terrybly Densilis concealer
-Stila Watercolor Blush in poppy
-Becca cream contour
-Cle de Peau highlighter
-Marc Jacobs Starlette palette-2nd shade all over the lid
-Bobbi Brown chocolate shimmer ink gel liner
-Chanel le volume mascara
-Armani lip maestro in 507 (loooooooove)

^^^^^We are happy you are here too! :D

Once in a blue moon they offer perks worth 1000 points or more, but it's very rare, and they tend to go very quickly.

Occasionally I'll turn in points for 100 point perks, but it's very rare. And this was the first time I turned in points for a 500 point set. I chose a Josie Maran set. It's got a mini argan oil (useful for me as I'm nearly out of my light one), a mini hydrating milk treatment (first impression of it is pretty meh), a highlighting powder (seems to have more of a satin sheen than hardcore shimmer, and I don't have any dedicated highlighters in my stash, so yay!), and a lip/cheek oil thingie.

I like it, but it can be hard to spread out/blend. I'm going to try mixing it with one of my other ones. How easy is the Becca one to work with?
Yay! :D

Thus far I am really liking the BECCA Ever Matte. I got a sample from SiJCP waaaay back in August...allbeit a tiny one and after 3 uses could clearly see a difference in the wear of my makeup later into the day. I apply it after my smoothing primer (Olay). I only squeeze out about 3/8 to 1/2" strip and it goes over/around my nose, my forhead & a lil on my chin. It smooths out nicely and does not dry so quickly you cannot get it smoothed in. I truly find that I do not have to blot until later in the day (makeup on at 7:00am, blotting around 12:30pm) and my foundation, bronzer, blush, highlighter etc. really seems to stay put and last.

Now a question for you :) (and for any of the other ladies). I believe you use the smoothing primer. As I have (gasp!) aged I do have more visible pores. While I like my Olay for daily use/work makeup, I am on the look out for a smoothing primer to lessen the appearance of said pores. My longtime, go too for full face, going out, date night etc makeup has been Smashbox Photo Finish. But I am not sure it really cuts it now for smoothing out my pores. What do you like best?

Awesome! Shopping your stash is the best. :)

^^^^^I am loving it! ;) Some real hits & some duds! The duds are getting pitched!

On the dekrappifying front and on a
non-makeup topic, I was able to list a few things on eBay and I am about 1/2 done editing my watch collection photos. I should be able to list those next week. Speaking of watches, while I am still somewhat satisfied with my Polar A300 Tracker I have my eye on the soon to be released Fitbit Blaze. Polar does not look to be developing the A300 any further so fashion options are limited. :mad:A girl must have options!!! The Blaze on the other hand has a completely different look/feel and I could do away with wearing a HR monitor when I train...BUT I must save the pennies for it first and wait for initial reviews for performance, features and wear ability.

On the beauty front, I just fell in love with The Beauty Look Book blog. Sigh! Seriously! Did you have to make me fall in love with every high end product I've never considered buying before!?!! Now I am lusting the Tom Ford Cream Color in Midnight Violet, the Tom Ford Honeymoon Quad and the Dior Lip Glow Balms (I WANT ALL 3!
:eek:) I nearly pulled the trigger on my Sephora cart for those lip balms! But I was good. They are patiently sitting in my "loves" list and maybe when we have another coupon sale...maybe!

Instead, I went bogo (on sale w/coupon & additional instant rebate) for the new Cover Girl Oh Sugar! Vitamin Infused Balm. I got 2 colors, Gumdrop & Soda. They offer a bit more pigmentation/coverage than the L'oreal Color Riche balms and I really like them. And the best part is I only spent $9.00. So I got my "MUST have something new lippie" fix on and did not kill my wallet.

Last edited:

Alysse011

^^^^^I am loving it! ;) Some real hits & some duds! The duds are getting pitched!

On the beauty front, I just fell in love with The Beauty Look Book blog. Sigh! Seriously! Did you have to make me fall in love with every high end product I've never considered buying before!?!! Now I am lusting the Tom Ford Cream Color in Midnight Violet, the Tom Ford Honeymoon Quad and the Dior Lip Glow Balms (I WANT ALL 3!
:eek:) I nearly pulled the trigger on my Sephora cart for those lip balms! But I was good. They are patiently sitting in my "loves" list and maybe when we have another coupon sale...maybe!

Instead, I went bogo (on sale w/coupon & additional instant rebate) for the new Cover Girl Oh Sugar! Vitamin Infused Balm. I got 2 colors, Gumdrop & Soda. They offer a bit more pigmentation/coverage than the L'oreal Color Riche balms and I really like them. And the best part is I only spent $9.00. So I got my "MUST have something new lippie" fix on and did not kill my wallet.

I recently pulled out two lipsticks I haven't worn in a while - Tom Ford Spanish Pink and MAC Siren Song. I really do love Siren Song. I'm wearing it today. I really really wish I loved Spanish Pink, but I am just not a fan of Tom Ford's lipsticks. I know I'm basically the only person who feels that way haha. And it is a good thing...except in this instance where I've already spent the money. I'm struggling with the thought of throwing it away. I probably should. It's a sunk cost and I just don't like it.

Also, Sabrina @ The Beauty Lookbook is my kryptonite haha. I LOVE her blog, and all these new lippies she's reviewing are driving me crazy. I want 2-5 of the new Chanel Stylos and then today she posted Bite's new lippie formula in the shade Sorbet. I am absolutely swooning over it. I wasn't even interested in Bite's reformulation until I saw her post today lol. Oh well, have to stay strong. I've added all aforementioned items to the running Lust List I keep on my phone.

VAL4M

Hello Guys not posting a lot lately (never been but i've been more active once!) Anyway been bad lately, :(
I wish I did WANT anything in my life .... but no. Makeup front i've been good (sort of) early Jan I did buy 4 thing from ColourPop and went to MAC to purchased 3x 221 brush (why stop at one?LOL) but really I thought it was LE and I LOVE that brush. also buy brush cleaner and fix + for powdery eyeshadow. Then I saw in frangrancenet.com a Annick Goutal Amber Fetish perfume bottle, that perfume is discontinued and she kind of replace it by Ambre Sauvage that cost 280$CAN at Neiman Marcus the bottle is 300$CAN IT IS CRAZY so when I saw Ambre Fetish at 100$ I figure it was a good deal, RIGHT??? And finally I saw those UGG boot Adirondack II and I decide I needed those. I live in Canada, we have rough winter, I NEED 300$ boots!? (see the justifying) I shouldn't but they are just amazing boots ... that are now mine. I will wear them forever .... ok at least for 5 years (for THAT price).
My goal is to keep my spending in check (so it is more then a low-buy in makeup but in general) and right now i'm failing. I need to do ''better'' in March and April.

As for the new makeup collection non really appeal to me except that Too Faced Peanut and Jelly palette. As for those Chanel, Dior, Guerlain never ending new lipsticks line launch I'm not even tempted so that good.

fur4elise

Hello Guys not posting a lot lately (never been but i've been more active once!) Anyway been bad lately, :(
I wish I did WANT anything in my life .... but no. Makeup front i've been good (sort of) early Jan I did buy 4 thing from ColourPop and went to MAC to purchased 3x 221 brush (why stop at one?LOL) but really I thought it was LE and I LOVE that brush. also buy brush cleaner and fix + for powdery eyeshadow. Then I saw in frangrancenet.com a Annick Goutal Amber Fetish perfume bottle, that perfume is discontinued and she kind of replace it by Ambre Sauvage that cost 280$CAN at Neiman Marcus the bottle is 300$CAN IT IS CRAZY so when I saw Ambre Fetish at 100$ I figure it was a good deal, RIGHT??? And finally I saw those UGG boot Adirondack II and I decide I needed those. I live in Canada, we have rough winter, I NEED 300$ boots!? (see the justifying) I shouldn't but they are just amazing boots ... that are now mine. I will wear them forever .... ok at least for 5 years (for THAT price).
My goal is to keep my spending in check (so it is more then a low-buy in makeup but in general) and right now i'm failing. I need to do ''better'' in March and April.

As for the new makeup collection non really appeal to me except that Too Faced Peanut and Jelly palette. As for those Chanel, Dior, Guerlain never ending new lipsticks line launch I'm not even tempted so that good.

Oooooh you have been having some serious retail fun! ;) No new boots for me this winter. Actually we have had a very mild winter compared to the past 2 years. I did get a new pair of Converse booties. Super cute mid style in multicolor Woolrich wool fabric with a back zipper. I waited and waited and they were finally 60% off...being a unique style I was hoping they would still be available.

As for the perfume bottle I totally get it. Last year I finally got my hand on a bottle of the 25th anniversary Eternity. It's just a mirrored silver metallic in the same shape but I had to have it. I was saying somewhere else, if the packaging is unique, pretty, well crafted, it makes the product all the more special!

Still no ColourPop in my collection yet. Just not moved to get anything yet. The PB & J is just coming available. Pretty sweet looking!

I recently pulled out two lipsticks I haven't worn in a while - Tom Ford Spanish Pink and MAC Siren Song. I really do love Siren Song. I'm wearing it today. I really really wish I loved Spanish Pink, but I am just not a fan of Tom Ford's lipsticks. I know I'm basically the only person who feels that way haha. And it is a good thing...except in this instance where I've already spent the money. I'm struggling with the thought of throwing it away. I probably should. It's a sunk cost and I just don't like it.

Also, Sabrina @ The Beauty Lookbook is my kryptonite haha. I LOVE her blog, and all these new lippies she's reviewing are driving me crazy. I want 2-5 of the new Chanel Stylos and then today she posted Bite's new lippie formula in the shade Sorbet. I am absolutely swooning over it. I wasn't even interested in Bite's reformulation until I saw her post today lol. Oh well, have to stay strong. I've added all aforementioned items to the running Lust List I keep on my phone.

D*mn you Beauty Look Book! LOL! The Bite lippies look great! Temptalia just posted a full gallery of swatches too! I am all in for Gin Fizz, Dragonfruit, Eggplant & Cayenne...but I'm being good and will wait until I earn a few extra pennies. The Chanel Stylos sound & look pretty, but the packaging to me is meh. I guess if I am going to go high end, I want the product to look high end special...silly girl! Also I just saw that Lancome is going to release a super sweet product called Juicy Shakers! I want! I want! LOL!
Lancome-Juicy-Shaker-Spring-2016-01_resized.jpeg

shellygrrl

Staff member
Thus far I am really liking the BECCA Ever Matte. I got a sample from SiJCP waaaay back in August...allbeit a tiny one and after 3 uses could clearly see a difference in the wear of my makeup later into the day. I apply it after my smoothing primer (Olay). I only squeeze out about 3/8 to 1/2" strip and it goes over/around my nose, my forhead & a lil on my chin. It smooths out nicely and does not dry so quickly you cannot get it smoothed in. I truly find that I do not have to blot until later in the day (makeup on at 7:00am, blotting around 12:30pm) and my foundation, bronzer, blush, highlighter etc. really seems to stay put and last.

Now a question for you :) (and for any of the other ladies). I believe you use the smoothing primer. As I have (gasp!) aged I do have more visible pores. While I like my Olay for daily use/work makeup, I am on the look out for a smoothing primer to lessen the appearance of said pores. My longtime, go too for full face, going out, date night etc makeup has been Smashbox Photo Finish. But I am not sure it really cuts it now for smoothing out my pores. What do you like best?

Over the years, I've used both original Smashbox Photo Finish and Photo Finish Light, along with Benefit Porefessional, Hourglass Veil Mineral, and now MUFE Smoothing (Porefessional and Smoothing are used only where I have large pores; others have been used all over the face). Both the Smashbox ones were pretty silicone-y (PF Light less so than original PF). Texturally, I can't tell a ton of difference between Benefit Porefessional or MUFE Smoothing (both have various silicones in the ingredients, both come out in a light-medium skintone shade), but for some reason I prefer MUFE over Benefit. Hourglass Veil Mineral also has silicones in it, but it doesn't have that silicone-y feel that the Smashbox Primers have. I also prefer that over Benefit, but not quite over MUFE.

I think, like all things, it comes down to personal preference.

fur4elise

Hmmmmm. With your & Wayne Goss' feedback sounds like I should give MUFE primers a try. I def have more texture on my face now. I have less of a struggle with oiliness than when I was younger. I equate that to aging, much more diligent skin care and use of effective skincare products. My face is not working overtime to find balance! Thanks lady!

fur4elise

Oh just because I think she is so funny (I first discovered her before xmas and she just made another video)
Hilarious!!! so please watch her ANTI-Haul video. :thumbsup:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHF1ysxM_A0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHF1ysxM_A0

^^^^^omg! :rotfl: The timing on this (Natasha Denona palettes anyone?!) is perfect! I mean perfect!!! I happened across her 3rd anti-haul video completely be accident! Which in turn reminded me you posted links about anti-haul videos, which made me come back here and confirm it was the same person. I need to watch the other 2 now! ;)

Chelsssea

I got more Lip Tars than I need (didn't need any!), and a Color Creme Corrector to use on my eyes under concealer. The lip tars were only $4 on sale and I am moving towards cruelty free beauty, so it seemed ok. I have a bag of use-it-up stuff that I'm making good progress on and I will toss whatever I don't go through my the end of March.

Welcome welcome! Always room in this group! What did ya get from OCC? I recently dug out some of the original Lip Tars I purchased and forgot about. Some good stuff there!

^^^^^All in all sounds like a fun time! I lose track of time once I get into Sephora & Ulta...I have to be careful or I'll end up back from lunch break really late
!
:rotfl:Especially if I get chatting makeup with any of the MUAs working.

I have two Living Proof No Frizz Weightless Styling Sprays (One for straight, one for curl) that I picked up last summer at Marshall's. I wanted to give them a try without the salon price tag. Very earthy, peppery in scent. Jury is still out. I need to replenish my curly hair products as I have finally used up all of my TIGI stuff. Not sure what to try next.

I have not touched my Sephora points at all. Do they ever offer super options
(+1000 points) for redeeming? Nothing has really caught my eye or fancy.

B

Buffy89

Kimberly Clark's videos are hilarious. So much fun to watch. And she's so right when she says "you already own that"! I really hope there'll be more videos of that type.
The beauty lookbook is kind of my cryptonite. Everything looks so sophisticated and desirable there, and items/colors look so classy. The Chanel stylos really have caught my eye, but I'll wait till summer at least so my current stash gets used a little more. I picked up one last b2m lippie yesterday before the program ends at my Douglas counter at the end of February.

Latest posts