MAC X Chris Chang Of Poesia (May 5th/ 12th 2016)

fur4elise

Looks beautiful on you!
VV looks beautiful on you! And I agree it looks a bit coral.

Not gonna lie. I'm LMAO about 'cranky man syndrome.' Nothing like male PMS, eh? :rofl:

You look so pretty! Yeah, that is a good way to describe it, not even. I hope you get to try you Tatcha ls soon. Cranky Man :scared::rofl:

:rofl:RE: Cranky Man Syndrome...when I got together with "old man muscle" he told me he was a "needy b*tch!" I kid you not...He is indeed higher maintenance than I ever will be...meaning I may wear the makeup & perfume, but I am not the diva in this relationship. But you know I love him so very much...even when he is being cranky. :heart: Somehow we balance out.

It looks beautiful on you, but after hearing about all the quality issues I'm glad that I only got one lipstick, especially for the ridiculous $20 price tag. I haven't worn DDDevilish yet, has anyone had any problems with it quality wise?

I got my goodies today and I am definitely in agreement with the Specktrette who said they wished MAC would just use the packaging in the promo pic. I bought 2 of the compacts and they are very different from the promo pic and from each other, and neither of them have the quality or detail that the the one in the photo has, and neither have any red at all. There are also little cartoon ladies that in my eyes are kind of lame, like 90s retro cartoon style, and it bugs. That is not at all my style.
^^^^Twas me! I wonder how much more expensive it would have been to go that route with the packaging design? The promo image is killer & fierce! Lost opportunity to do something just a tad edgier for sure!

Gorgeous on you! It really pops on you. Thanks for sharing.

Thank you ladies for the compliments! :flowers: I got several compliments IRL yesterday as well. The color is bright & happy and a good indication of where I should go with selecting lip colors in the future. This is the first MAC lipstick I've purchased since the great purge. I do wish it performed a tad better, but I am happy to report this formula did not dry my lips out. Today I just used Aquaphor balm as a base and it applied a tad smoother. We'll see how it wears. ;)

lilinah

I was camped out in front of my local MAC at 9 AM for this collection... i was so sure there would be a line, but no one else showed up! Other people came a little later for other things, but I was the only person to buy any Chris Chang from my local shop this AM!

I am wearing Plum Princess lipstick. The color is perfect. The lipstick texture is between a matte and a satin, which is fine with me. It is holding out amazingly well, thru a cold coffee and some potato chips (hey, a girl's gotta have *something* for breakfast). So far so good. No complaints - i'm not a fan of totally dry mattes.

I also put on eyeshadow... with my finger... Royal Woo (bright yellow) on my lid and in the crease, and Mu Mu Bloom (bright pink - but looks almost coral on me) from the crease up... I wear glasses, so it's not quite as crazy as it sounds.

I also got Cloud Gait and Gold Xi Xi lipsticks which i haven't worn yet, Sock It Xiqu Cream Colour Base, and, yeah, i got the compact - how could i resist? I've never used that particular MAC powder, i have MUFE and NARS translucent powders that i think may be the same, but that compact is so fun! Yes, there's *no* powder puff inside, but i prefer a brush anyway, so that's also fine with me.

So far no regrets. Can't wait to play with my other purchases from this collection.:band::rocker::party::catdance::yay::cowdance::dogdance::wootrock::twirl:

Last edited:

montREALady

I was camped out in front of my local MAC at 9 AM for this collection... i was so sure there would be a line, but no one else showed up! Other people came a little later for other things, but I was the only person to buy any Chris Chang from my local shop this AM!

I am wearing Plum Princess lipstick. The color is perfect. The lipstick texture is between a matte and a satin, which is fine with me. It is holding out amazingly well, thru a cold coffee and some potato chips (hey, a girl's gotta have *something* for breakfast). So far so good. No complaints - i'm not a fan of totally dry mattes.

I also put on eyeshadow... with my finger... Royal Woo (bright yellow) on my lid and in the crease, and Mu Mu Bloom (bright pink - but looks almost coral on me) from the crease up... I wear glasses, so it's not quite as crazy as it sounds.

I also got Cloud Gait and Gold Xi Xi lipsticks which i haven't worn yet, Sock It Xiqu Cream Colour Base, and, yeah, i got the compact - how could i resist? I've never used that particular MAC powder, i have MUFE and NARS translucent powders that i think may be the same, but that compact is so fun! Yes, there's *no* powder puff inside, but i prefer a brush anyway, so that's also fine with me.

So far no regrets. Can't wait to play with my other purchases from this collection.:band::rocker::party::catdance::yay::cowdance::dogdance::wootrock::twirl:

No one seems to care anymore. I think Selena will cause an uproar.

GreenEyedAllie

Nice haul! I really like PP, too.

BunnyBunnyBunny

I'm thinking there was some mislabeling in production. Mu Mu Bloom and Electric Mandarin are for SURE Satin texture shadows. I suspect the 3 Matte lipsticks are actually Satin textures as well.

Rinstar

That's great. Maybe it's batch issues again? Who knows.

I think it must be. That's too bad, I'm sorry all of you ladies aren't loving your stuff!

I have worn mine 3 days in a row and still love it, and the packaging really is pretty!! I have yet to try my 2 e/s though, so jury is out on them.

brumblebee

I haven't had any issues with my Vermillion Vee. It's definitely more coral/orange than red on my cool toned coloring, but the quality is good and consistent with the other MAC matte lipsticks I have.

I also got Cloud Gait and think it looks really cool on tip of other lipsticks. It only really works with colors that have blue pigment in them already (think pinks, blue toned reds, berries, and purples), but it really cools then down. My favorite one that I tried it with was Men Love Mystery, but I liked the way it looked with Russian Red, Pink Nouveau, and Eugenie as well. If the color doesn't have enough of a blue base, it will turn gray and look weird. It didn't work for Vermillion Vee or more nude pinks/plums like Mehr or Viva Glam III.

I didnt get Gold Xixi because I don't usually ever want my lipsticks to look warmer. My skin does a good enough job of making everything look more yellow/orange on its own.

I thought about buying Sock it Xiqu but don't know how I feel about using a CCB as a blush. I have one (pearl) and use it as a highlight. I love it as a highlight but think the consistency might be too sticky/heavy for me to want to put all over my cheeks. I do love cream blush though and will look into Brit Wit and the MUFE ones.

lipstickaddict

Glad to hear you love them:twirl::twirl:! I skipped VV and went for Plum Princess, DDDevilish and Cloud Gait (for mixing/funsies).

Does DDDevlish remind you of any other pinks you have? I should get mine in about a week, my US haul is on its merry way!

Yay! I am really loving all of my Chris Chang goodies. Am sure you will to! I can't say that DDDevilish is similar to any of the pinks I have. It is very bright on me ( definitely a neon pastel) but for the right occasion I think it's fabulous- heck, I've been wearing it to walk the dogs :D Am sure it will be a lovely addition to your pinks! There doesn't seem to be much excitement for this collection, but I think you will flip for the packaging. Can't wait for you to get your package! :twirl::dance::heart::five::sunshine:

montREALady

Passed by Macy's to pick up my order of Plum Princess and decided to exchange it for Gold XIXI because I have too many similar colors to PP. I should add that Gold and CG are shinier and smoother than the lustres I'm used to swatching. Also more pigmented. IMO.

Did swatches:
1463163790030_wm.jpg

[video=youtube_share;zy7Ls9oeWN8]https://youtu.be/zy7Ls9oeWN8[/video]

PP reminded me too much of these lippies. Even the CG Katy Perry one. It's nice but I figure why not change it up:
1462653113591_wm.jpg

a9534c3a-648c-4367-9651-5eb49958ecfc_wm.jpg

Last edited:

awickedshape

Passed by Macy's to pick up my order of Plum Princess and decided to exchange it for Gold XIXI because I have too many similar colors to PP. I should add that Gold and CG are shinier and smoother than the lustres I'm used to swatching. Also more pigmented. IMO.

Did swatches:
View attachment 54167

PP reminded me too much of these lippies. Even the CG Katy Perry one. It's nice but I figure why not change it up:
View attachment 54168

View attachment 54169

Thanks for the swatches!

DarylandCarole

I hope the pink isn't just like Silly. I almost didn't get it because I have so many pinks, but the "Hotel pink" description made me curious. Swatched on my hand it looks like every other matte pink I have. I am pleasantly surprised by the blue and purple, tho. The purple is different from any other one I have, and I have A LOT. It's like dirty lavender. And the blue looks really nice over a light lip liner. I have fairly pigmented lips so I wasn't sure it would work at all on me, but I like it a lot. I wanted all of the shadows but only allowed myself the orange. Haven't switched it yet but it doesn't look neon to me.

montREALady

Thanks for the swatches!
You're welcome!

So surprised this is still up. Did anyone else find the pink in this collex is damn near the same as Silly?
It is bright though they describe it as pastel?

I hope the pink isn't just like Silly. I almost didn't get it because I have so many pinks, but the "Hotel pink" description made me curious. Swatched on my hand it looks like every other matte pink I have. I am pleasantly surprised by the blue and purple, tho. The purple is different from any other one I have, and I have A LOT. It's like dirty lavender. And the blue looks really nice over a light lip liner. I have fairly pigmented lips so I wasn't sure it would work at all on me, but I like it a lot. I wanted all of the shadows but only allowed myself the orange. Haven't switched it yet but it doesn't look neon to me.
I want Cloud Gait next. Yes PP has a grey tinge... I've been going crazy with grey-tinged everything so I think I'm good on my exchange. I really have to reign it in and try buying different stuff despite having a purple obsession. I can't wear them all! Lol! If PP were the only lipstick in this packaging I would have kept it though!!

pinkcrush

Did swatches:
View attachment 54167

View attachment 54168

View attachment 54169
I got my lipsticks today and surprisingly they r all keepers for me! Plum Princess has that greyed lavender shade much like Ayesha but is in regular lipstick form which I can deal with. I may end up layering them! My other purples all lack that grey/dusty element. DDD is pretty but it does remind me of Silly but Silly is brighter/warmer/more neon. DDD is more pastel IMO... VV is a nice red for spring with its coral undertones... I ain't mad at MAC :)

Last edited:

Latest posts