MAC Select Program

starletta8

Was just told that it's a special accommodation only that they might be able to credit 7 days of orders and that Estee Lauder corporate doesn't believe in radioactive crediting.

Thanks for nothing, MAC. Way to slap your loyal customers.

ETA: I was told that my $574 of spending in January is irrelevant to the program.

Last edited:

starletta8

omg that is hilarious

I'm pissed.

Just blasted off an email with my January order history and asked how, if it's based on a 12 month year, they can ignore that January is part of this 12-month year. My post-tax is over $600, so I certainly deserve to have more than 0 status.

ETA: The T&C use a 1 January reset, so they're trying to get away with year 1 being 11 months.

jennyap

Hmmm... This is an annual requalify. I'm really leaning towards 1 January being the date since it's the reset every year.

In January of each year, your membership level will update based on the dollar amount you spent on qualifying products and services during the previous calendar year and your spending eligibility will be reset at zero for the new calendar year. For example if you spend $200.00 in a calendar year on qualifying purchases, your account will update to Devoted status in January of the following year. Your spending will be set at zero and start accumulating with each qualifying purchase from January 1st.

Source: https://www.maccosmetics.com/macselect-faqs, Question 7.

I'm pissed.

Just blasted off an email with my January order history and asked how, if it's based on a 12 month year, they can ignore that January is part of this 12-month year. My post-tax is over $600, so I certainly deserve to have more than 0 status.

ETA: The T&C use a 1 January reset, so they're trying to get away with year 1 being 11 months.

Based on the previous quote from FAQs, everything you have spent since 1st January THIS year counts towards your status for NEXT year. Your 2016 status is based on your spend in 2015.

Which is why it doesn't really make sense for it not to be retroactive, otherwise no-one can be anything other than the lowest tier until 2017.

Last edited:

VioletSparkles

I'm pissed.

Wow, what a bummer! :( I'm curious what response they will give, since you are clearly a VERY good customer. :bringiton: Sorry you had to deal with such a runaround!

shellygrrl

Staff member
Was just told that it's a special accommodation only that they might be able to credit 7 days of orders and that Estee Lauder corporate doesn't believe in radioactive crediting.

Thanks for nothing, MAC. Way to slap your loyal customers.

ETA: I was told that my $574 of spending in January is irrelevant to the program.

That's rubbish. :club: :action1: It should be retroactive to January 1.

starletta8

That's rubbish. :club: :action1: It should be retroactive to January 1.

That's what I'm saying. They've clearly laid out a program with 1 January re-set to earn status annually. You can't start a program like that in February without crediting January!

GreenEyedAllie

MAC has no clue what it's doing. This is a total cluster. LOL. Here is what I received from my inquiry about retroactive purchase credit:

"Thank you for your inquiry.

We have received your email and we are at your service at MAC Cosmetics Online. We will address your inquiry regarding MAC Select as quickly and efficiently as possible.

We appreciate your patience as we gather the necessary information in order to respond in full to your inquiry.

You can expect to hear back from us shortly. Thank you for your understanding."

I had sent an email asking them to clarify what information was correct between: retroactive credit from June 2015, retroactive credit from January 2016, and no retroactive credit. I phrased it as these were all answers received from MAC directly (which they were), and I asked them to clarify what was actually the right answer as well as asked them to add the clarification to their FAQ page.

starletta8

MAC has no clue what it's doing. This is a total cluster. LOL. Here is what I received from my inquiry about retroactive purchase credit:

We have received your email and we are at your service at MAC Cosmetics Online. We will address your inquiry regarding MAC Select as quickly and efficiently as possible.

We appreciate your patience as we gather the necessary information in order to respond in full to your inquiry.

I had sent an email asking them to clarify what information was correct between: retroactive credit from June 2015, retroactive credit from January 2016, and no retroactive credit. I phrased it as these were all answers received from MAC directly (which they were), and I asked them to clarify what was actually the right answer as well as asked them to add the clarification to their FAQ page.

I got the same auto-reply.

Well, I had a gong show experience at a store this morning. They actually un-enrolled me from the program because they didn't know what they were doing and I had to call the customer service line to fix it. The artists also told a fellow customer "we don't do points" and tried to say the only rewards program was Back2MAC. Meanwhile, the MAC Select brochures were right in front of the customer at the cash register and I spotted the one-page info sheet on the program for artists on the counter. I was doing my best to read it upside down but didn't see anything about what date would be counted on it.

montREALady

So other than swatching, this means there is no longer any point to buying in store for me. Not that I did it very often.

damn I guess I don't need a Macy's card anymore :hand::hand:

Yeah. I feel bad because I LOVE LOVE LOVE my Macy's MAC MUA, but with cash back and getting products sooner, I rarely buy in store anymore as it is.

this is going to kill their counter sales. Lately all the merchants are just trying to boost online sales with different gwps, samples etc... that's so hard on the sales people

Same here, I very rarely ever went to the freestanding store because I like the girls at the Dillard's counter so much and parking at The Domain can be such a pain, not to mention it was far. Guess it's online only for me now unless I just happen to be up in the area of the actual store and want a MAC fix. Now if only MAC would get on Ebates.

^^ Exactly, the only reason I have a Nordstrom and Macy's card seems to be for MAC lately, lol. I also like the counter in Macy's. I find the free-standing store staff not as nice. Maybe it's just me.

I have gotten two different answers in the past 5 minutes.

MAC Chat says NO retroactive.

On the phone with MAC right now and was told 7 days prior to MAC Select Launch. That's a new one.

I got the same auto-reply.

Well, I had a gong show experience at a store this morning. They actually un-enrolled me from the program because they didn't know what they were doing and I had to call the customer service line to fix it. The artists also told a fellow customer "we don't do points" and tried to say the only rewards program was Back2MAC. Meanwhile, the MAC Select brochures were right in front of the customer at the cash register and I spotted the one-page info sheet on the program for artists on the counter. I was doing my best to read it upside down but didn't see anything about what date would be counted on it.

OMG what a mess. I emailed them the day I found out and haven't gotten a response yet. I tried to ask Chat and they told me to email or call them. I'm about to go to the store now, let's see how that goes if I buy anything re applying my purchase to my Select account. Hilarious, just checked and my frigging email to them from Tuesday was in my draft folder! LOL!

I also remember having a sample in my last order and when I didn't get it I checked my order and it wasn't in there. I specifically remember changing it from another primer to the oil just to try it. Not sure what happened there, but I asked Chat and they told me to call. They need a Chat for orders and general inquiries. I'm not chatting with MAC about makeup recommendations that's for sure.

Last edited:

montREALady

So I asked in the store and I confused her with the retroactive question. She was like "As far back as Jan 2015!", I was like "Whaaaaaat?", then she was like oh wait let me check the manual. She went to it and she meant if you joined MAC within the last year (their website) you were auto-enrolled in the Select Program but if you joined before, you have to enroll yourself and accept the terms. Nothing about if our purchases over the last year counted or not. Then she told me to call them, lollll! Poor thing. They were so apologetic at the cash though, saying the program is new, etc. He couldn't find my Select info with my name, I had to go get my # for him, then when he plugged it in and saw my info he called everyone to the cash to see, lmaooo! I must have been the first one to use it. Let's see if this little purchase gets added to my Select account (I bought LL&F from Flamingo). I have swatches over in that thread btw. Video on my IG (info below).

NaomiH

Crap... But somehow, I felt they would do that.

Same. It seemed a bit odd they'd go back that far,but it sure was an awesome thought to think there was a possibility of being next tier once they update everyone's accounts.

starletta8

Response from CS about purchases being retroactive
View attachment 51992

Well, this is making me reconsider spending another dime with them. I stopped largely shopping Sephora after being tired of being jerked around for the last darned time as a VIB-R, so I can stop with MAC too. MAC was actually getting some of my diverted Sephora money.

Latest posts