MAC Select Program

NaomiH

Well, this is making me reconsider spending another dime with them. I stopped largely shopping Sephora after being tired of being jerked around for the last darned time as a VIB-R, so I can stop with MAC too. MAC was actually getting some of my diverted Sephora money.

I was looking forward to having my past purchases credited, but I'm not surprised that they aren't going back and crediting purchases made before the program was around. I thought it was odd but cool when it was mentioned that was what was going to be done. I do think that purchases made from the beginning of the year should count,but understand why they wouldn't go back 8 months.

starletta8

I was looking forward to having my past purchases credited, but I'm not surprised that they aren't going back and crediting purchases made before the program was around. I thought it was odd but cool when it was mentioned that was what was going to be done. I do think that purchases made from the beginning of the year should count,but understand why they wouldn't go back 8 months.

My qualm is with not counting from 1 January. As I mentioned, I spent nearly $600 in January that's being given a giant PFFFFT. That's how not to keep customer loyalty. Most of that was permanent products that I could've waited one month and gotten credit for it. I truthfully never thought June was feasible.

When Sephora rolled out VIB Rouge, they counted back to the start of the year by looking at order history. MAC can see our order history; it's not that hard. It's just infuriating.

NaomiH

My qualm is with not counting from 1 January. As I mentioned, I spent nearly $600 in January that's being given a giant PFFFFT. That's how not to keep customer loyalty. Most of that was permanent products that I could've waited one month and gotten credit for it. I truthfully never thought June was feasible.

When Sephora rolled out VIB Rouge, they counted back to the start of the year by looking at order history. MAC can see our order history; it's not that hard. It's just infuriating.

I must of missed where you mentioned how much you spent. Had I purchased that much,I'd be pretty ticked off as well if I were in your shoes. I didn't know Sephora did that as I don't really shop there too overly often and think as well that MAC should of at least credited from the 1st since they rolled the program out at what I consider to be a bit of an odd time.

Rinstar

They definitely should count from January 1 if that is the starting point for each year. Sorry MAC, but you're in the wrong here.

montREALady

Same response here!

Dear Kifana:

Thank you for taking the time to email us. We are sorry for the delay in our response.

Thank you for your loyalty to MAC Cosmetics. Regrettably, purchases made prior to joining MAC Select are not eligible to be credited with spend. We are very sorry for any disappointment this may cause. We hope that you will enjoy the benefits of the MAC Select program with your future purchases.

We hope you will continue to visit us at MAC Cosmetics Online. If we can be of further assistance, simply reply to this email or call 1-800-588-0070 anytime.

Best regards,

Nancy
Online Customer Service

starletta8

Same response here!

Dear Kifana:

Thank you for taking the time to email us. We are sorry for the delay in our response.

Thank you for your loyalty to MAC Cosmetics. Regrettably, purchases made prior to joining MAC Select are not eligible to be credited with spend. We are very sorry for any disappointment this may cause. We hope that you will enjoy the benefits of the MAC Select program with your future purchases.

We hope you will continue to visit us at MAC Cosmetics Online. If we can be of further assistance, simply reply to this email or call 1-800-588-0070 anytime.

Best regards,

Nancy
Online Customer Service

I'm waiting for mine- or the reply from a supervisor that the phone line promised by today. I sent my entire order history from 1 January along with every single product I bought in it- if I buy a brush in January, how is that lesser than buying a brush in February? MAC has screwed it up so badly with this. I never thought I would see a beauty retailer screw it up worse than Sephora, but congrats MAC! You're about to lose this customer.

montREALady

I'm waiting for mine- or the reply from a supervisor that the phone line promised by today. I sent my entire order history from 1 January along with every single product I bought in it- if I buy a brush in January, how is that lesser than buying a brush in February? MAC has screwed it up so badly with this. I never thought I would see a beauty retailer screw it up worse than Sephora, but congrats MAC! You're about to lose this customer.

Yeah that sucks the big one. The only things I've ordered for the year from their website is Ariana and Oh, My! from Flamingo. LL&F from that collection I got yesterday but I checked this morning and don't see anything about my Select account on the receipt even though he pulled up my account in the store. I just have to keep checking online I guess. It still shows zero for the year.

Monsy

starletta why don't you just nicely return EVERYTHING or at least permanent products??? if they do not want to include those purchases. and then rebuy everything

Rinstar

OK I complained to MAC CS and got this as a response:

"Hello Erin:
Thank you for your inquiry.
While purchases made outside of the enrollment period are not automatically credited to your MAC Select account, we are happy to extend these to you as you are a valued customer. Your balance has been updated with an additional 120 spend and your new balance is 120.

As we continually strive to improve the service we offer, we'd like to learn more about your experience. If you have a few minutes, please tell us how we did. Simply click here to take our Satisfaction Survey. Thank you in advance for your participation.

Warmest regards,

Barbi
Online Customer Service"

Sure enough, I just logged in and I have my $120 in there now. Fine with me, but why are they telling others different things??

starletta8

starletta why don't you just nicely return EVERYTHING or at least permanent products??? if they do not want to include those purchases. and then rebuy everything

Problem is that I started using things.... otherwise I'd be doing this to make my point.

starletta8

"Hello Erin:
While purchases made outside of the enrollment period are not automatically credited to your MAC Select account, we are happy to extend these to you as you are a valued customer. Your balance has been updated with an additional 120 spend and your new balance is 120.

As we continually strive to improve the service we offer, we'd like to learn more about your experience. If you have a few minutes, please tell us how we did. Simply click here to take our Satisfaction Survey. Thank you in advance for your participation.

Warmest regards,

Barbi
Online Customer Service"

Sure enough, I just logged in and I have my $120 in there now. Fine with me, but why are they telling others different things??

When did you send your email? Still haven't gotten a response to mine!

VioletSparkles

"Hello Erin:

Warmest regards,

Barbi
Online Customer Service"

I'm glad you had a resolution! :yay: I sent an email in earlier today asking to be credited for an order that I placed literally hours before the launch of the program. :goodluck: I really hope someone like Barbi responds to my email. ;)

VioletSparkles

I just received a response from my email that I sent in about 2.5 hours ago, and they gave me credit for the order that I placed just before the program. :yay: The points are in my account. I'm pleasantly surprised. :catdance:

starletta8

I just received a response from my email that I sent in about 2.5 hours ago, and they gave me credit for the order that I placed just before the program. :yay: The points are in my account. I'm pleasantly surprised. :catdance:

WTF.

And now I can't even log in because I apparently clicked on someone's Canadian link and I cannot get it forced back to the US site to save my life.

starletta8

Did you send via the form or is there a super-secret email?

Latest posts