MAC Select Program

Rinstar

When did you send your email? Still haven't gotten a response to mine!

I just sent it late last night and got this back this afternoon. Faster than I expected.

Quick question, Rinstar, if you don't mind. When was the order(s) you received the credit for?

Jan 23rd and Jan 28th

I just received a response from my email that I sent in about 2.5 hours ago, and they gave me credit for the order that I placed just before the program. :yay: The points are in my account. I'm pleasantly surprised. :catdance:

Yay!! Glad they seem to be starting to fix this!

Did you send via the form or is there a super-secret email?

Just the regular "contact us" form on the site. I received an automated reply first, then this response.

VioletSparkles

I just sent it late last night and got this back this afternoon. Faster than I expected.

Jan 23rd and Jan 28th

Yay!! Glad they seem to be starting to fix this!

Just the regular "contact us" form on the site. I received an automated reply first, then this response.
Thanks! I'm feeling much better about this whole program... lol :cowdance:
Now, they just need to do this for everyone who writes in. :action1:

starletta8

Ugh, I emailed three days ago, got the auto-reply and 0 response.

When I called yesterday, they promised a call back from a supervisor. Didn't happen.

Chat gave me a direct email. My emails are getting longer, explaining that honestly I'm starting to not enjoy my products anymore because I feel like a sucker and I got screwed looking at them. Chat promised some follow-up, but I'm not holding my breath.

verorl

I sent them an email... I did place my first Flamingo Park order on Jan, 28th, so I hope they credit that one.

i'm hoping it works

Shars

WTF.

And now I can't even log in because I apparently clicked on someone's Canadian link and I cannot get it forced back to the US site to save my life.

That happened to me before. I had to clear my cookies in order for it to stay on the US site.

lilinah

I signed up and it definitely did NOT add all my purchases since June 2015. Is there something special i need to do?

lilinah

Was just told that it's a special accommodation only that they might be able to credit 7 days of orders and that Estee Lauder corporate doesn't believe in radioactive crediting.

Thanks for nothing, MAC. Way to slap your loyal customers.

ETA: I was told that my $574 of spending in January is irrelevant to the program.

BOOO!

If it were retroactive to June last year i'd be level 3... but this year, not much is grabbing my attention. Thanks a lot, MAC.

lilinah

From reading people's posts, it sounds like they did as good a job on this as they did with the new website launch.

ramarose

I emailed to see if they would add any past purchases. I may have missed this info but based off their FAQS it seems as though counter purchases won't be applied...? Correct? I tried on some stuff at my counter then went home and ordered $140 worth of stuff online.. Feel bad for my counter girls

montREALady

So I asked in the store and I confused her with the retroactive question. She was like "As far back as Jan 2015!", I was like "Whaaaaaat?", then she was like oh wait let me check the manual. She went to it and she meant if you joined MAC within the last year (their website) you were auto-enrolled in the Select Program but if you joined before, you have to enroll yourself and accept the terms. Nothing about if our purchases over the last year counted or not. Then she told me to call them, lollll! Poor thing. They were so apologetic at the cash though, saying the program is new, etc. He couldn't find my Select info with my name, I had to go get my # for him, then when he plugged it in and saw my info he called everyone to the cash to see, lmaooo! I must have been the first one to use it. Let's see if this little purchase gets added to my Select account (I bought LL&F from Flamingo). I have swatches over in that thread btw. Video on my IG (info below).

Update, my $17 order from Friday in-store has been applied to my Select. There's no way to keep track of those transactions though as only our online purchases show up in our general account online.

[FONT=tstar_mono_roundregular]
mac-select--logo--tier1.png
[/FONT]

[FONT=tstar_mono_roundregular]

[h=6]YOU'VE SPENT $17[/h]
SPEND $133 MORE TO BECOME DEVOTED*
[/FONT]

ARmakeupjunkie

I emailed them and requested my purchase from 1/29 be credit to my MAC Select account. If for whatever reason they choose not to do so, I will be returning everything I purchased from that order.

montREALady

I emailed them and requested my purchase from 1/29 be credit to my MAC Select account. If for whatever reason they choose not to do so, I will be returning everything I purchased from that order.

If they were smart they'd at least make this retro to Jan 1. People are just going to return stuff and buy it back...waste.

GreenEyedAllie

If you told them that, then they should. I wrote in asking what the deal was, and they sent me two emails at first. One was hold on while we figure it out. Second, was sorry! No dice!

I sent them a reply telling them that that was not cool given one of my 'friends' (thanks ladies for reporting to us!) received a different answer to the same question (i.e., got the credit). I also asked if they would prefer I return all my items. Very quickly had a response of 'we are not crediting before the program started, but we will credit for you blah blah blah..'

So, if they reject it, just reply asking if they are sure they would prefer you to return everything.

They really didn't think this through at all. #1 Not at least letting everything from January count (even though the program started in February) is stupid given the points cycle starts in January. #2 Launching it just after a major release and trying to back out of things counting...not cool. They knew exactly what they were doing, I believe, and it was trying to take advantage of customers (make them have to spend more to get status than they should have to spend). Given how many releases are still sitting around not sold out and how non-unique things have been, generally, one would think they would not want to further alienate customers.

ramarose

They said no to my initial email so I responded with
image.jpeg
Bluffing hardcore right now, I only have a counter nearby and this stupid program won't count those purchases anyways. But this is ridiculous!! Plus the perks aren't even really good besides the free gift. It's mostly things everyone gets anyways... Free shipping & samples! I just don't want to be excluded from the early access, which is a perk I also hate stores to do. Those with the buying power to spend $500-$1000 each year on makeup shouldn't get access to limited edition products! While I will spend that much this year I know teenage me would have cried about missing out on limited edition lipsticks, etc. that will no doubt sell out before they reach the general public.

VioletSparkles

They said no to my initial email so I responded with
View attachment 52079
Bluffing hardcore right now, I only have a counter nearby and this stupid program won't count those purchases anyways. But this is ridiculous!! Plus the perks aren't even really good besides the free gift. It's mostly things everyone gets anyways... Free shipping & samples! I just don't want to be excluded from the early access, which is a perk I also hate stores to do. Those with the buying power to spend $500-$1000 each year on makeup shouldn't get access to limited edition products! While I will spend that much this year I know teenage me would have cried about missing out on limited edition lipsticks, etc. that will no doubt sell out before they reach the general public.
I hope they credit you!
Also, you bring up an important part of this program that is no doubt causing concern for a lot of us: How the first access to new collections is going to work. I'd like to have faith in MAC and believe that they will plan well and have plenty of stock available for all the tiers...But I just don't. I'm sort of already dreading having a collection that I've looked forward to for months sell out to all the "Obsessed" level program members before I even have a shot at purchasing anything. :banghead:
Don't even get me started on the fact that all the evilbay resellers will undoubtedly be members of the highest tier with first access...:scream:

Latest posts