MAC Select Program

verorl

I wrote and I got my Jan 28th order credited.

I wrote in the nicest and most polite way possible, pointing out that their FAQ page states the dollar amount resets at the beginning of each calendar year, and if that was the case, why I wasn't getting credit on that order.

they replied with the same... That they don't do this, but this time, they would take that order into account and they did credit it. I'm now $23 away from the second tier.

Jayjayy

Yaaaay I love rewards programs! I wish they'd give out shiny cards like Sephora does hahaha. I was just looking at my online order history and damn it's easy to spend $500 in a calendar year. And that's not including in-store purchases smh :rolleyes:

Monsy

It also what erin said that now they can track how many you brought back so you don't have to wait to collect 6

starletta8

I just sent my sixth email to MAC since they refuse to respond to me asking where to return all of my orders and letting them know that it's flat out wrong that they're ignoring me. I'm looking into contacting some of the local consumer reporters just to get them to answer me. That's ludicrous.

I mean, at least answer my damn email. Even if it's to tell me to piss off.

Last edited:

starletta8

If you told them that, then they should. I wrote in asking what the deal was, and they sent me two emails at first. One was hold on while we figure it out. Second, was sorry! No dice!

I sent them a reply telling them that that was not cool given one of my 'friends' (thanks ladies for reporting to us!) received a different answer to the same question (i.e., got the credit). I also asked if they would prefer I return all my items. Very quickly had a response of 'we are not crediting before the program started, but we will credit for you blah blah blah..'

So, if they reject it, just reply asking if they are sure they would prefer you to return everything.

They really didn't think this through at all. #1 Not at least letting everything from January count (even though the program started in February) is stupid given the points cycle starts in January. #2 Launching it just after a major release and trying to back out of things counting...not cool. They knew exactly what they were doing, I believe, and it was trying to take advantage of customers (make them have to spend more to get status than they should have to spend). Given how many releases are still sitting around not sold out and how non-unique things have been, generally, one would think they would not want to further alienate customers.

If I return everything from January in-store and online, that pushes it more to about $800.

I'm not bluffing at this point, and the fact that they've literally ignored 4 polite emails to this point (I listed my orders and asked why I couldn't get credit based on info from their own phone reps the day the program started and the 12-month calendar) just has soured my relationship with this company.

GreenEyedAllie

If I return everything from January in-store and online, that pushes it more to about $800.

I'm not bluffing at this point, and the fact that they've literally ignored 4 polite emails to this point (I listed my orders and asked why I couldn't get credit based on info from their own phone reps the day the program started and the 12-month calendar) just has soured my relationship with this company.

Im sorry you're having such a rough time. Not a good way to treat customers.

montREALady

I hope they credit you!
Also, you bring up an important part of this program that is no doubt causing concern for a lot of us: How the first access to new collections is going to work. I'd like to have faith in MAC and believe that they will plan well and have plenty of stock available for all the tiers...But I just don't. I'm sort of already dreading having a collection that I've looked forward to for months sell out to all the "Obsessed" level program members before I even have a shot at purchasing anything. :banghead:
Don't even get me started on the fact that all the evilbay resellers will undoubtedly be members of the highest tier with first access...:scream:

OMG I didn't even think of this! Arrrgh!!

ARmakeupjunkie

Well, they would not give me credit for the order I placed on 1/29/16. I replied back and told them I didn't understand why they were choosing to credit some people's orders placed in January and not everyone's. I then went on to tell them that it's okay, I would be returning everything I purchased from that order for a full refund. If MAC doesn't want to play nice, then I will take my money elsewhere. I don't need any makeup that bad, at the expense of being treated poorly.

montREALady

I just emailed them to get my $22 I spent on Oh, My! blush on Jan 28th applied to my account. I don't care, I'll take every little point and it will do me more good than MAC any harm. I get that my Ariana won't be applicable because it's VG but give me my 22 points.

"[FONT=tstar_mono_roundregular]The M·A·C Select Loyalty Program has three tiers – Seduced, Devoted and Obsessed. Tiers are based on a calendar year spend on qualifying products and services. The more you purchase, the more covetable privileges you earn and the higher you climb in our three elite tiers."[/FONT]

starletta8

I just sent my sixth email to MAC since they refuse to respond to me asking where to return all of my orders and letting them know that it's flat out wrong that they're ignoring me. I'm looking into contacting some of the local consumer reporters just to get them to answer me. That's ludicrous.

I mean, at least answer my damn email. Even if it's to tell me to piss off.

No response.

And yes, I've checked my spam filters.

starletta8

OK, I have an update. Apparently it was somewhat personal- they flagged my account because they wanted someone to call and talk to me. On hold now...

starletta8

No resolution today but I spoke with someone who was very sympathetic and understood my position. I have a case number now.

VioletSparkles

No resolution today but I spoke with someone who was very sympathetic and understood my position. I have a case number now.
They sure are making you go to a lot of trouble for something that should have been given to you automatically...:club:This is absolutely ridiculous! :banghead:

shellygrrl

Staff member
so where did we get the info taht they were retroing this back to June?

I'm really hopeful that it is retroactive to last June.

ETA: The heck with last June, I'd take 1 January. Just added up my online purchases and :eek::doh:. If they take this back to 1 January, I'd already be the top level.

Oh. Dear.

ETA #2: Just called MAC, and I was quoted 1 January as the date that they're ingesting purchase history since, and that it'll take up to a month.

After looking at my whole order history all my orders after June 1 2015 say they will count towards MAC select. I was told that it will take the system a bit to update.

I've been seeing that it's purchases from the 1st on. Sucks cause I made a $70 order for flamingo park last week :(

I actually did pretty good last year! Flamingo Park has been the biggest haul I've made since May. Proud of myself!

Anything after 1st June 2015 will be added onto program. My Vamplify purchases from last year will be added, so will your Flamingo Park purchases.

I agree. I obviously prefer June 1, but I have a feeling January 1 is more accurate. Maybe I'll call. We can make a poll and update it every time someone is told an answer by a MAC employee...haha!

Seems to me like a case of wishful thinking mixed with a bit of confusion.

That said, the fact they've not made this retroactive to January 1, and the fact customers have had to jump through hoops (especially starletta) to get the credit they should rightfully have, is incredibly bad business practice.

Latest posts