MAC Future MAC Collection(March 31, 2016)

lilinah

I looked at Temptalia's swatches and, seriously, her lighting does NOT do this collection justice. Everything just looks so blah on her site. Yes, many of the items are subtle, but they are not without charm. She absolutely does not capture the shimmer and the pearl. If i'd looked at her swatches before going into my local MAC, i wouldn't have bothered. I'm glad i didn't see them first.

NATlar

Do I really want to pick Nuanced up? haha going back into town and having a play with it again it is pretty!!!

NATlar

I picked Nuanced up and I also took pictures of Warm Rose for you guys... second pic is a swatch and 3rd is it blended out as you can see it goes to nothing on me and I personally couldn't see any shimmer or sheen when I moved my hand and stuff!

View attachment 53446

image.jpg

image.jpg

No no idea why my pictures have turned haha

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member

leonah

I was in store today and swatched otherearthly and warm rose. OE is gorgeeeouusss really a pleasant surprise from what it looks like in the pan. unfortunately my store was late on that collection so have to wait a week or so and check if they got it in since I missed the online release. warm rose was pretty cute I could definitley see sparkles/flecks in it so it wasn't really satin as I thought. didn't have the same type of glow though as lightscapade when I made a comparison but it still sparkles

lipstickaddict

GreenEyedAllie

Hi V, long time no spoken to.

Tried on my haul, loved it. Ionized with Cyber World and The Boob for highlight (NC45 for reference)...

View attachment 53452

LOVE that lip on you! Very soft and pretty! Ionized was poo on me.

Some very quick swatches:
View attachment 53453

View attachment 53455

View attachment 53456
Faintly Fabulous:
View attachment 53457
Nuanced swatches above, faintly fabulous below:
View attachment 53458
Comparison of the OE and Nuanced:
View attachment 53459

Perfectly Lit is a warm shimmery ginger. I have to be super careful with this on NC15 skin or it looks burnt.
View attachment 53461

Hope these are helpful!!

Thank you for all the great swatches!!!

Icecaramellatte

I went in to my local MAC for the first time since Boxing Day last year (which i think was the last time i bought anything by MAC) to check out this collection. And i went NUTZ!

First, i love the Mineralized lipsticks. They feel so fantastic on my lips and the colors are generally opaque. I HAD to get Touch the Earth - a while back i had it in my shopping cart on-line and the next morning i went to buy it...and there was the new awful website and my shopping cart was empty (i had several things in it) and no "Goodbyes". So i had to be a back-up. I got the two cool nudes (Cybernaut and Super Nova) and Ionized, the silver grey lipstick.

I have sworn off glosses - i was never a gloss girl and i really don't need anymore. But i HAD to get Inter-Spatial (silver with multi-colour pearl). It's pretty sheer, but the pearl is gorgeous. It looks great over other lipsticks (yes, i've already tried it)

I didn't pick up any of the Mineralize Eye X 4. But they are definitely different from previous mineralize eyeshadows. They are soft and "creamy", with sheen but NO glitter fallout like the old ones, and not dusty dry.

I got Cosmic Force Mineralize Blush - it will be a great contouring powder because it has no shimmer or sheen.

I was going to stop there (heck, i wasn't originally going to get that much), but the two Mineralize Skinfinishes kept calling me.

Warm Rose is actually really nice! Yes, if the lighting is bad it looks chalky, so i was going to skip it. Then i moved the pan to a different part of the store and wow! Yes, the base is not quite white and matte, almost like those finishing powders that MUFE and NARS came out with a couple years ago, but it has an amazing glow - pink and gold. It's all a question of the light. Even the MUA was surprised at how different it looks under different lighting.

And i kept telling myself to skip Otherearthly because i don't really wear bronzers. But the pink was a good color - very shimmery so not an all-over powder. And the MUA and i played with the silver. I'm pretty pale (neutral 15) and she was fairly dark and she thought it was too ashy on her skin. But after blending the edges with other blushes it took on a, well, otherearthly glow.

(i already had the lustre drops)

I tend to either go for neutral nudes or for really intense colors and dark lipsticks. This is a mostly neutral nude collection. I know i'll get a lot use out of the Mineralized lipsticks because i love them so much.

And, well, i picked up the Nuanced pinwheel. One thing to note about the yellows in a pale set and in a deep set - is that they are not really meant to be worn alone, but to color correct and to blend. So i'm considering the pale quad...

Finally, i don't get all the hating on the new Mineralize powder case design. I really like the look - it's more sophisticated than the old packaging. And the old ones had that push button to open it that broke so often - apparently a lot of people complained to MAC about it. The new one, just put fingers on either side of the top and lift - no need to worry about it breaking.

I'm still all excited for the Chris Chang Poesia collection, but since it's on-line only, that's going to be crazy, and that pearl Mineralize "pinwheel" quad! I have a Dior eyeshadow quad from the 1970s that's just like it - they look pearl white head on, but when you change the angle and the light they have color. We darn well better be getting it here in the US!

Thanks for the review!

Latest posts