MAC Future MAC Collection(March 31, 2016)

Monsy

Everyone skipping out on otherearthly you will regret it

Unless you are very very pale cool toned ... everyone else NEEDS it. It's my biggest surprise from this collection.

leonah

yes it was indeed beautiful. I was surprised at how soft the powder felt when I swirled it around and swatched it. I will get it next week when my store gets the collection due to a delay :rolleyes:

NATlar

Unless you are very very pale cool toned ... everyone else NEEDS it. It's my biggest surprise from this collection.

I've been using the silver part of it as a highlight with a matte blusher which is really pretty but I don't think I'll use it much I'm happy for it to sit there looking pretty in my collection haha I prefer Nuanced over it glad I have both now!

Haviggi

You are so right about Overearthy!
I picked it yesterday and I'm so glad I did!
i don't feel the same for Warm Rose though !
I swatched it in store and I didn't like at all how powdery looked on me and the pink flakes /chunky glitter I could notice under specific lighting so I skipped!

NATlar

Just done a gorgeous combo wearing Ray Beam blush and then I sprayed my brush a teeny bit with fix plus and dabbed it into the two bottom shades on Nuanced and applied it a little bit over Ray Beam and wow it looks to pretty!!!!

NaturallyUrs

I'm hoping this is where I can talk about the pinwheel MSF's since I don't see its own thread...
So after seeing Ashley Rudder's swatches of the pinwheels from CocoaSwatches on Ig, I caved and bought Perfectly lit... based of the swatches (which were on brown skin both medium and deep) I figured that would be the best...although Ashley pretty much recommend three of them (SunnySide, Perfectly Lit and Naturally Enhanced).

Why oh why did the next day I check NouveaRich's blog and she posted about Belks' 20% sale??? :type::rotfl:
I went and got the other two recommend and am waiting for them to get here. Perfectly Lit came on Friday and I wore it yesterday and got A LOT of compliments...it doesn't take a lot and gives an awesome subtle rosey-pink to my cheeks once swirled together. Thinking about investing in the Mac brush recommended for it....

patentg33k

Just done a gorgeous combo wearing Ray Beam blush and then I sprayed my brush a teeny bit with fix plus and dabbed it into the two bottom shades on Nuanced and applied it a little bit over Ray Beam and wow it looks to pretty!!!!

Oooh, I love that you posted this! I'll try it. The great thing about this collection is the fun of playing with it.

laurennnxox

I'm looooooving ray beam! and this idea sounds so pretty. I'll have to try!

Icecaramellatte

I wore this exact combination but without the Fix+ and it worked for me and I'm much darker than you.

lilinah

I'll have to see if i can get a good photo of a swatch of Warm Rose, which ironically is neither very warm nor is it rose. It is pale and doesn't add color, but i like that quality of shimmer/shine it gives. Given its "pale-itude" it's not likely to be useful on darker beauties.

leonah

yeah I wish warm rose had a more forgiving finish and a light glow instead of small glitter flecks here and there in it. it would have been a great all over kind of powder else I think

at least otherearthly is gorgeous :cloud9:

lilinah

I took phone photo after photo. *I* could see the finish, but my phone just couldn't capture it :-(

"Warm Rose" is very pale, slightly warm pink. From one angle it's matte, a bit powdery. From another, it has micro-glitter in warm pink, gold, and just shimmery sparkling in the light. Buffed, from another angle, it has a very pale rose-gold sheen.

it is subtle. I like relatively subtle. I'm not a fan of bright blushes in general, altho I have a few. I fell in love with "Warm Rose" all over again. It's a texture, a finish, not a blush, but because of the micro-glitter, not for all over the face. Best, I would think, on cheek bones and brow bones.

On the other hand, people who prefer bright pops of color on their faces are not going to find this attractive. And those who don't like micro-glitter on their cheeks will not be crazy about this.

montREALady

I ordered otherearthly today and I will go check out ionized tomorrow :)

I never paid attention to this collection but Otherearthly just caught my eye on Macy's website. How is it? I had my sister get me Barbados Girl since I wasn't into highlighters as much when RiRi launched.

leonah

yes it's absolutely gorgeous. has a real glow too contrary to my soft and gentle + lightscapade

leonah

is nuanced too dark to use as a highlight on nc25 complexion? if anyone around here got it

Last edited:

NATlar

is nuanced too dark to use as a highlight on nc25 complexion? if anyone around here got it

I'm NC15 and I've used the top lighter shade in Naunced as a highlight it's pretty, I'll get some pictures tomorrow in daylight for you hun!

Latest posts