contour sets

hey ladies,
im trying to find a new contour set, im naturally very pale so need a lot of lighter tones to use,
ive currently been using sleek's concealer palette in the lightest tones as i cannot find a contour palette light enough, so i use this along side bronzer for the darker area on my nose, cheek bones and forehead.
can anyone recommend a decently priced contour palette?
thanks

shellygrrl

Staff member
Personally, I wouldn't recommend a contour palette unless: 1) you're going to use every shade in it (IMO, most people don't need and/or will never use every shade in a contour palette) or 2) you're a makeup artist building a kit so will need multiple powders for various undertones and skintones.

My recs are:
* one of the new Makeup Geek contour powders (they're divided up by skintone (porcelain, fair, medium, or deep) and undertone (cool or warm); $10 USD, but you will need to buy a palette to keep it in.)
* MAC eyeshadow in Omega ($10 USD for a pan or $16 in a pot; also a great crease or transition shade, yay for multitasking!)
* Inglot has some contour powders ($15 USD for a Freedom System pan; 504 or 505 would work for you)

And for highlighting, any iridescent white or champagne eyeshadow would work (Makeup Geek e/s pans are $7 USD; Ice Queen or Shimma Shimma would be fab highlights on pale skins).

deedrr

I wouldn't go with a kit either. I bought the Anastasia one and its great but I only use maybe 2 shades. I don't even really care for the highlighter. Have you looked at the wet n wild ones? They are super cheap.

Latest posts