Nars Summer 2016

Kisha

Looking at the swatches, I'm so happy I ordered Overheated....but now I'm over here secretly wishing I would have ordered Get Dirty and Sexual Content.

Shars

Looking at the swatches, I'm so happy I ordered Overheated....but now I'm over here secretly wishing I would have ordered Get Dirty and Sexual Content.

Get Sexual Content!! Especially with Beauty.com doing 20% off at the moment! I couldn't decide between the two duos and since NARS were doing 30% off at the Makeup Show I just picked up both!

fur4elise

Yayyy!!! I picked up soooo much stuff from this collection! I'm yet to unpack my suitcase since Tuesday though so I haven't been able to play as yet :(

LOL! I feel like I am now in the secret NARS club! This is my first true dalliance into the brand. Yeah, I own the ubiquitous Orgasm and just discovered I had Gueule De Nuit buried in the back of a drawer! :doh: Such a pretty color cream base neglected. Ladies do share your goodies & swatches!

fur4elise

Nars_Liberation_Fervor_Right.jpg
Swatches of Dual Intensity Blush Liberation and Fervor (Left Side Shades)
Nars_Liberation_Fervor_Left.jpg
Liberation and Fervor (Right Side Shades) - I almost ordering Sexual Content but ultimately went with Fervor for the darker shade. Again, I see myself using the lighter shade of Liberation with the darker shade of Fervor & vice versa.

Nars_DND_Lipcover.jpg

Do Not Disturb Lip Cover! ~ I came this close to wearing this for Saturday date night! But had yet to wear my Tatcha! To be honest the texture of the Lip Cover is unlike any of my other lip products. It has a unique feel and like Sabrunka I did find it to be moisturizing. And of course red is just everything to me right now.

What do you ladies think of the Audacious line of lipstick? I am super super tempted to order Lana...you guessed it! RED!
;)

Last edited:

GreenEyedAllie

View attachment 54211
Swatches of Dual Intensity Blush Liberation and Fervor (Left Side Shades)
View attachment 54212
Liberation and Fervor (Right Side Shades) - I almost ordering Sexual Content but ultimately went with Fervor for the darker shade. Again, I see myself using the lighter shade of Liberation with the darker shade of Fervor & vice versa.

View attachment 54213

Do Not Disturb Lip Cover! ~ I came this close to wearing this for Saturday date night! But had yet to wear my Tatcha! To be honest the texture of the Lip Cover is unlike any of my other lip products. It has a unique feel and like Sabrunka I did find it to be moisturizing. And of course red is just everything to me right now.

What do you ladies think of the Audacious line of lipstick? I am super super tempted to order Lana...you guessed it! RED!
;)

I adore the Audacious lipsticks. Definitely one of my favorite formulas, and it is one I need to wear more often! I keep getting distracted by shiny and new.

GreenEyedAllie

So my other two lip covers arrived yesterday. Overheated is a nice brownish shade on me. Do Not Disturb is really pretty, but unfortunately does not pull quite as orange-red as I was hoping. It also feathered like whoa on me. I had been trying several things on and off last night, so I'm going to try it again, but I can't use it if it's gonna be like that. There have been a couple of other products that I've kept out of return guilt because 'I can just use a liner' (even though I hardly ever do and hate to), and I'm just not doing it this time. Waste of $$. Fingers crossed that it behaves better because it is pretty and feels nice on my lips. Get Dirty is by far my favorite, I think.

MaryJane

So my other two lip covers arrived yesterday. Overheated is a nice brownish shade on me. Do Not Disturb is really pretty, but unfortunately does not pull quite as orange-red as I was hoping. It also feathered like whoa on me. I had been trying several things on and off last night, so I'm going to try it again, but I can't use it if it's gonna be like that. There have been a couple of other products that I've kept out of return guilt because 'I can just use a liner' (even though I hardly ever do and hate to), and I'm just not doing it this time. Waste of $$. Fingers crossed that it behaves better because it is pretty and feels nice on my lips. Get Dirty is by far my favorite, I think.

I feel your pain. I returned Get Dirty and Overheated. They both look very similar on my lips and are a little too brown for my liking. I didn't experience any feathering but, by the end of the day, my lips felt pretty dry. On the plus side, still loving

GreenEyedAllie

I feel your pain. I returned Get Dirty and Overheated. They both look very similar on my lips and are a little too brown for my liking. I didn't experience any feathering but, by the end of the day, my lips felt pretty dry. On the plus side, still loving

I'm sorry to hear that! I luckily did not experience dryness, so I'm keeping the nudey/nudy/nudie? browns.

fur4elise

Thanks mama! Will check them out! ;)

I have always used liner with anything liquid or gloss, coz I got "ole lady" lips...lol. The liner prevents feathering for me. But still, no fun for you :( ~ I was also thinking DND swatched more like a true red on me. I plan to wear it next date night. Will report back.

I was this close to getting a second Lip Cover. Your review made me remove Overheated from my cart.

fur4elise

Saturday Date Night ~ NARS Do Not Disturb Lip Cover! :heart::heart::heart:
E_May28_16_1.jpg E_May28_16_2.jpg
Natural indoor light & in sunlight riding in the little car ;)

GreenEyedAllie

Thanks Allie! I did apply a liner as we chatted about and had no bleeding!
Next on my date night list is NARS Audacious Lana ;) ~ I ended up picking that up Sunday when I returned my no-go UD Mad Hatter.

I wore Raquel this weekend..reminded me of how much I adore the Audacious line.

fur4elise

I wore Raquel this weekend..reminded me of how much I adore the Audacious line.
This will be my first dalliance with the formula...Truth is I am getting hooked on NARS! I love the dual intensity blushes & cheek studio palette I purchased. Now the lip cover. I love the color of Lana...its right in there with the rest of my reds. :)

Pinklaine

I am in love with the Lip Cover in Get Dirty! I think a cheaper alternative would be Colourpop's Ultra Satin Lip in Magic Wand though. I think Get Dirty's texture is a little thicker.

I also got Sexual Content, but have yet to try it. What is the best way to apply these blushes? I have Adoration and the lighter side never shows up on me!

Latest posts