Dior fall 2016

SlugPower

I haven't been amused by the quints for awhile now. Usually I like the combos, but translated into swatches they're disappointing. For example, the spring ones and the summer brown one were interesting, quite interesting in the pan. There were grey, taupe, beige-brown with some cute colours that contrasted with it, but only in the pan because in reality they were too light.

Same with these Skyline ones. The brown-grey-blue one is interesting, but in the end the grey and blue colours aren't very different from each other. The purple-gold-grey one is also interesting... but there are three colours which are so light and so alike.

Well, at least they give off good ideas?

The last one I got without looking twice was Contraste Horizon. It is surprsingly practical.

awickedshape

I agree, I never cared for the color combinations and I didn't feel like the texture was worth the price

I have the same issue with YSL

I haven't been amused by the quints for awhile now. Usually I like the combos, but translated into swatches they're disappointing. For example, the spring ones and the summer brown one were interesting, quite interesting in the pan. There were grey, taupe, beige-brown with some cute colours that contrasted with it, but only in the pan because in reality they were too light.

Same with these Skyline ones. The brown-grey-blue one is interesting, but in the end the grey and blue colours aren't very different from each other. The purple-gold-grey one is also interesting... but there are three colours which are so light and so alike.

Yes! Quite a waste for me.

Well, at least they give off good ideas?

The last one I got without looking twice was Contraste Horizon. It is surprsingly practical.

TraceyMc

Anyone have any swatches of the new mono eyeshadow shades for fall , in particular the coral shade 764 Fusion ? TIA

MissTania

Tania I am glad you mentioned Lili because color of the Minimal reminded me of it

I put it on last night - it has an orange tinge I was surprised. It's nice but I had hoped for a cream colour. It is opaque which is good. I skipped Lili. Here is Minimal:

View attachment 55618

Chanel Fall is a skip for me.
I'm waiting for a TF highlighter. I was eyeing the Capital of Light palette, but, as usual, only two or three colours are appealing to me. Might not be worth using the Saks coupon on.

Is the Capital Palette TF? Are you waiting for TF Black bloom HL?

I used the saks coupon for 3 D & G Rosa matte collection lippies.

CBradley76

Has anyone seen them for sale anywhere yet? I've spotted the rest of the items, but not the new monos.
I ordered the fall collection from Dillards. The SA didn't know anything about the monos. He said he probably won't get them. Some of the lipsticks were not the same as I saw online. The only lipstick I got was sophisticated. I got more lipsticks but they were reprobates. Also no glosses were included. I'm thinking they will be out later or I will just have to order what I didn't get online. What I find strange is how a collection can be released and it not be the same as the previews we have online.

awickedshape

I put it on last night - it has an orange tinge I was surprised. It's nice but I had hoped for a cream colour. It is opaque which is good. I skipped Lili. Here is Minimal:

View attachment 55618

Is the Capital Palette TF? Are you waiting for TF Black bloom HL?

I used the saks coupon for 3 D & G Rosa matte collection lippies.

Ooh, nice!

Yes, Black Bloom is the one from TF
Capital of Light is the one I was eyeing from Dior Skyline

TraceyMc

Has anyone seen them for sale anywhere yet? I've spotted the rest of the items, but not the new monos.

I managed to get the coral one on Harrods online as Selfridges only had two of the six shades in stock and House of Fraser the same
deal , both had already sold out of the Coral one I wanted . They only seemed to come online today and are selling fast ! I'm hoping my order will go through fully on Harrods as they have been known to tell people items are out of stock after hey have been ordered :/

MissTania

Ooh, nice!

Yes, Black Bloom is the one from TF
Capital of Light is the one I was eyeing from Dior Skyline

Black Bloom looks really nice and I like the packaging.
I love the 5 colours I would keep buying them if my eyes were not sensitive. The mono shadows I swatched were amazing - so shiny and shimmery.

awickedshape

Black Bloom looks really nice and I like the packaging.
I love the 5 colours I would keep buying them if my eyes were not sensitive. The mono shadows I swatched were amazing - so shiny and shimmery.

I like it too but they teased it way too early ugh
I saw some mono swatches on IG and they were nice

Pippilotta

Oh, I love the light and transparent texture of Dior's eyeshadows. I am very pale and transparent myself, and most eyecolors look like heavy mud on me. :)

I haven't yet tried the new monos, but I rarely buy monos anyway - not because I dislike them, but beause I tend to forget about them and reach for the quints instead.

MissTania

I like it too but they teased it way too early ugh
I saw some mono swatches on IG and they were nice

I might go swatch them again lol.

Oh, I love the light and transparent texture of Dior's eyeshadows. I am very pale and transparent myself, and most eyecolors look like heavy mud on me. :)

I haven't yet tried the new monos, but I rarely buy monos anyway - not because I dislike them, but beause I tend to forget about them and reach for the quints instead.

I prefer the quints too although I seldom wear mine due to allergies. I never really got into the singles - also I found the quints better value and liked the look of them more.

Latest posts