Sumptuous Olive looks cool toned on me?

Janey1502

New User
Hello everyone,

I am new to this site. I recently bought MAC Sumptuous Olive and to my disappointment it looks cool toned on me. Perhaps my perception was wrong, but pictures online on other people made it look like a gorgeous warm almost bronze green. Could the eyeshadows I am using with it be too warm? I believe I used soft brown, texture, brown script, and brown down with it. Is there anything I can do to warm the eyeshadow up?

To be honest, I have a hard time telling if I am warm or cool undertones. I have been told both warm and cool by multiple people, sales associates, makeup artists, hairdressers, etc. I have also been told that I am "both" /neutral.

Any help is much appreciated. Thanks in advance :)

Erica53094

Maybe you are a neutral but pull more cool? I have sumptuous olive and it def a warm, golden olive color on me. Being I am neutral toned myself, but wear mostly warms, I have a real problem making satin taupe work. It pulls so greyish purple on me and I look bruised. Everyone raves about that color and how universal it is but I cannot make it work. It seems you are doing everything right. Pairing it with warm colors. I don't have any other tips but maybe this particular color is not for you? I know boo but sometimes that just is what it is! Have you tried layering another color? Like mix woodwinked and sumptuous olive together? Just a thought!

verorl

I'm NC15 and even though I'm pale, my skin has definite yellow undertones. I'm very warm. Sumptous Olive does look like it does in the pan on me, but like Erica, I cannot make Satin Taupe work on me, nor can I wear purples because I look bruised or dead.

Perhaps it is your skintone, while you are neutral, you might not be able to pull this one off... Or maybe put a neutral primer under it? I use paint in Bare Canvas, but you might use a paint pot, or maybe some eye shadow base that is truly opaque and cancels out the coolness?

Latest posts