MAC Vibe Tribe Collection (May 12/19 2016)

Prettypackages

Asians wearing t-shirts and jeans is not the same as a white person wearing traditional clothing from another culture when it's not their place to do so.

The only way your Navajo jewelry would be okay to wear is if you bought it from Navajo jewelry makers, because you'd be supporting their craftsmanship and compensating them for their work.

http://everydayfeminism.com/2013/09/cultural-exchange-and-cultural-appropriation/
http://everydayfeminism.com/2014/12/what-exactly-is-cultural-appropriation-and-how-is-it-harmful/

And one link especially pertinent with regards to this...
http://everydayfeminism.com/2014/08/honor-native-americans-without-appropriating/
thanks for posting and explaining. I hate when people don't even try to understad.

View attachment 53738 Hot Chocolate tho

I still can't tell if I can pull off Arrowhead lol, such a tricky nude
They are all so beautiful but I'm torn.

Miss Dynamite

Yup. MAC and other companies send her samples, and that is what she previews, and reviews first. Then, when collections are released, she buys what she is missing and reviews it later, days after the reléase.

Lately, it seems that she posts the rest like a month later. Hope she stops doing that.

Corally

Btw I noticed that this HC looks a lot less shiny than the first HC. I always felt that that one was something between an amplified and satin and it seems that this one is more satin or between a satin and matte. Very happy about that! :eek:

Miradan

Hot Chocolate looks so pretty, but I need to keep reminding myself that I B2M'd the last one because I never wore it. Although my lipstick tastes have also changed since then! Would be interested in comparison swatches between the two.

Kaidan

I love nude pinks but Arrowhead looks problematic, just like its name. I wish they'd have swatches of the patenpolishes but I guess the waiting continues. The quads are beautiful but they're a skip. Blushes are a skip too. For now my list is just Hot Chocolate because I overlooked on that one back in the Apres Chic collection.

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
I think I'm gonna skip the blushes. I wanted Adobe Brick, but it looks very pigmented and at the same time the formula doesn't look that good. Painted Crayon looks much better, I would get it if it didn't have that shimmer. So right now I'm just waiting for swatches of the Gleamstone powder, if I'm not feeling that one either this whole collection will be a pass for me.

verorl

I'm getting both blushes, Painted Sunset lipstick, Call of the Canyon, or whatever it is called quad, and I want the red Patent Polish. I also got rid of my Refined Golden bronzer, so maybe that, and the Gleamstones powder. I need more swatches, but tentatively Firebrush is a yes.

Rinstar

So T says Painted Canyon is 80% similar to Spring Flock, but SF is lighter.... If anyone gets Painted Canyon and has SF, can you swatch them side by side? PC looks way different to me, but I do NOT need another blush similar to SF. I have like 1000 of that exact color because it's my favorite, LOL

GreenEyedAllie

So T says Painted Canyon is 80% similar to Spring Flock, but SF is lighter.... If anyone gets Painted Canyon and has SF, can you swatch them side by side? PC looks way different to me, but I do NOT need another blush similar to SF. I have like 1000 of that exact color because it's my favorite, LOL

I have (and don't really like SF), and I am definitely getting PC, so I will happily swatch for you!

stirfryedshana

I can swatch it against mine when I get it but tbh I don't think they're going to be very similar. SF is a lot lighter, peachier, and more pastel.

Corally

Link includes swatches of the Gleamstones powder and other products. The powder is pretty, but I would love to it applied.

From the blog: Glamify SG

https://glamifysg.com/2016/04/30/sneak-peek-m-a-cs-vibe-tribe-collection/

Ah crap now I want the gleamstones powder again. :p So pretty!

My current list:
- Hot Chocolate l/s
- Adobe Brick blush
- Painted Canyon blush
- Golden Rinse studio sculpt defining bronzing powder
- Dunes At Dusk gleamstones powder
- Painted Desert makeup bag 1

Last edited:

Latest posts