MAC Vibe Tribe Collection (May 12/19 2016)

BuickMackane

Does anyone know how HC compares to So Select?

So Select is quite a bit pinker*. HC has more brown in it.

They're not too far off though. If you like So Select you'll love HC!

* by pink I mean rose. Vocabulary ain't my forte lol.

Last edited:

Sweetyellow

Quick question, which brush you would recommend to use with the gleam stones powder ? tbh I just use a regular blush brush for highlighters most of the time lol������ but I just want to know if there's a brush in particular that's perfect for highlighters

Anastasia Beverly Hills Brush #23 is amazing for any and all highlighting powders. It will not disappoint.

JulieDiva

View attachment 53886

Just seen these swatches on IG by "twiggymakeup" literally don't like the look of the lipsticks now.... ArrowHead second swatch would make me look dead haha concealer lips!!!
I agree about arrowhead...I can't think of anyone who would truly suit that concealer shade......seriously, why not a pretty pinky shade?

bluelitzer

Aw, I was hoping for a Temperature Rising Collection-type rubber bullets for these. No matter, still looking forward to this collection. Waiting for the Patent Polish swatches as well!

Haven

This collection will probably be one big skip for me. I am not really interested in anything. Maybe one lipstick for the packaging?

Rinstar

So Select is quite a bit pinker*. HC has more brown in it.

They're not too far off though. If you like So Select you'll love HC!

* by pink I mean rose. Vocabulary ain't my forte lol.

Thank you!!! I just got SS and love it, but it might be on the edge of as brown as I like to go, so I may actually end up passing on HC. Definitely going to see it in person though!

stirfryedshana

I'm literally only getting Arrowhead bc I want a lipstick from this collection and I love the name (we used to dig up arrowheads when I was younger a lot so it just has good memories) which is a horrible reason lol.

GreenEyedAllie

I'm falling out of love with this collection. I think I'm down to HC and painted canyon blush. Maaaaybe the gleamstone powder. I was hoping for more swatches of it and the Firebrush bronzer. T's bronzer review was a little lack luster.

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
Well, I missed the online release yesterday, of course the Gleamstone powder is sold out. I might still have a chance to get it tho.

BuickMackane

@Rinstar (gah! messed up the reply with quote!)

No probs :)

I will take a comparison pic if it's light enough when I get home this evening. Let me know if there are any other colours you'd like to see next to HC!

By all means see HC in person if you can. It's a strange sort of brown. It is decidedly cool-toned, and has just the right amount of plum/purple in it to make it very different from other brown lippies out there. It's also very versatile - I like to wear it with Stone lip pencil to bring out the cool brown or pair it with Heroine lip pencil to bring out the purple.

Last edited:

Marsha Pomells

Pure Vanity looks prettier than I was expecting. I wasn't interested in it before but it's now on my list along with both blushes :)

Pure Vanity still doesn't do it for me, ever since MIB. Besides, I got everything I wanted from this collection.

In regards to HC, I swatched it yesterday... It is a very odd purple/nude on me, and I'm NC45. Otherwise, I quite like it.

Mismatchedsocks

@Rinstar (gah! messed up the reply with quote!)

No probs :)

I will take a comparison pic if it's light enough when I get home this evening. Let me know if there are any other colours you'd like to see next to HC!

By all means see HC in person if you can. It's a strange sort of brown. It is decidedly cool-toned, and has just the right amount of plum/purple in it to make it very different from other brown lippies out there. It's also very versatile - I like to wear it with Stone lip pencil to bring out the cool brown or pair it with Heroine lip pencil to bring out the purple.

The only way to find out if it might work for my skin tone is to actually get it and try it on, it might be a hit or miss for me, anyway i wanted a lipstick from this collection and im hoping HC will surprise me and look good lol

Honi

I got a sample of Adobe Brick (The darkest blush), first thought was that it reminds me of Hot Nights. Gonna compare them to see. It might be more warm toned though. Packaging isnt rubberized and feels a tad cheap, but the pattern is nice and the packaging still feels solid like usual mac packaging.

Latest posts