MAC Vibe Tribe Collection (May 12/19 2016)

montREALady

Lol. I think is a pretty and promising color depending on your taste hence why I picked it up the first time around and decided to give it another shot. I bought it then because it looked like such a pretty mauvy color on everyone, on my skin tone however it looks more like a "kiss of death" gray.

I guess we'll see!!

Corally

Wth why are the bags the same price in the US but differently priced in Holland. Annoying. So I have no idea what the size is gonna be of the other bag lol.

GreenEyedAllie

I'm waiting for MAC Chat to get the info :rolleyes:, but in the meantime:
http://ommorphiabeautybar.com/mac-vibe-tribe-summer-2016/
"Measuring 8″x 5″x 2″"

UPDATE from MAC Chat
[FONT=tstar_mono_roundregular]
icon-mac-agent-sample.png

MAC ONLINE ARTIST: So sorry I was not able to look up any further dimensions on this online exclusive Vibe Tribe Bag. Please contact our Orders Team for further assistance with dimensions. I apologize for any inconvenience.
[/FONT]

[FONT=tstar_mono_roundregular]
icon-mac-agent-sample.png

MAC ONLINE ARTIST: Our Order Representatives are the experts for your inquiry and are available 24 hours a day to assist. You may reach them via email at [email protected] or receive a faster response by calling 1-800-588-0070.They'll be happy to help!

I love how when they don't have an answer they say it's an online exclusive. This is supposed to be online and MAC stores only.[/FONT]

Oh thanks for finding that for me! Money saved because that is much smaller than I would have wanted. They're cuter than the makeup bags I've seen since getting into MAC, though.

LiliV

I'm surprised nothing is sold out yet! (Unless I missed something) I wonder if Mac is doing better on stocking collections or if people just aren't buying like they used to

BrittLuvsMakeup

Same here. Two items taken out before checkout. Can't order all items yet.

I'm surprised nothing is sold out yet! (Unless I missed something) I wonder if Mac is doing better on stocking collections or if people just aren't buying like they used to

I too am surprised that nothing has sold out yet from any of the retailers who have released the collection thus far (except for the lipsticks that Dillard's sold last week). I've also been wondering if it's because people aren't shopping at MAC the way they used to or they are just better stocked. I personally think it's a combination of both. Plus, it seems like many people didn't want to support this particular collection due to accusations of cultural appropriation in regards to the packaging so that may be a contributing factor as well.

CrimsonQuill157

I hauled harder than I meant to. HC, Painted Sunset, and Gleamtones. The $10 off pushed me over haha. I also got Vermillion Vee from CC.

LiliV

how is everyone feeling about the canyon quad?

I picked it up, I think it will be pretty for a slightly different neutral look (with the coral). I love peach shadows though, you put a peach shadow in a palette and I'm sold lol

montREALady

Oh thanks for finding that for me! Money saved because that is much smaller than I would have wanted. They're cuter than the makeup bags I've seen since getting into MAC, though.
No prob. Exactly what the blogger said:

"Painted Desert Makeup Bag (CAN $42.00) | From the plethora of MAC makeup bag releases over the years, none have caught my eye with quite the impact of Painted Desert (there are two designs available); for starters, instead of the usual vinyl/plastic exterior, this comes in a patterned textured canvas fabric with a faux-bead detailing on the handle. Measuring 8″x 5″x 2″, it’s the perfect size to throw in your purse and/or travel with, making it roomy enough to hold your fave go-to items. Another bonus? Forget using this as a makeup bag and make a statement by carrying it as your Summer clutch. Not bad, huh?"
I too am surprised that nothing has sold out yet from any of the retailers who have released the collection thus far (except for the lipsticks that Dillard's sold last week). I've also been wondering if it's because people aren't shopping at MAC the way they used to or they are just better stocked. I personally think it's a combination of both. Plus, it seems like many people didn't want to support this particular collection due to accusations of cultural appropriation in regards to the packaging so that may be a contributing factor as well.
I also think it's a bit of both and also the accusations. Maybe that's even why they pushed the date. Who knows.

Jayjayy

No prob. Exactly what the blogger said:

"Painted Desert Makeup Bag (CAN $42.00) | From the plethora of MAC makeup bag releases over the years, none have caught my eye with quite the impact of Painted Desert (there are two designs available); for starters, instead of the usual vinyl/plastic exterior, this comes in a patterned textured canvas fabric with a faux-bead detailing on the handle. Measuring 8″x 5″x 2″, it’s the perfect size to throw in your purse and/or travel with, making it roomy enough to hold your fave go-to items. Another bonus? Forget using this as a makeup bag and make a statement by carrying it as your Summer clutch. Not bad, huh?"

I also think it's a bit of both and also the accusations. Maybe that's even why they pushed the date. Who knows.

Every time I see this blog post I want the nude polish. Its perfect on her! I don't own any MAC nail polishes.

lipstickaddict

I picked it up, I think it will be pretty for a slightly different neutral look (with the coral). I love peach shadows though, you put a peach shadow in a palette and I'm sold lol

I picked it up too for exactly the same reason. Can never resist a peach! Looks like a lovely choice of shades. I haven't bought a quad in ages, but this definitely had my name on it!

I saw that you ordered arrowhead. Let us know what you think. I'm waffling on it only because my coloring is medium at the moment and I worry it will be too light. It does look like a gorgeous nude though, and I love that it's matte!

Last edited:

leonah

I'm exactly the same can't resist them peachy shades :rolleyes:

montREALady

Did you get TF Sweet Peach? I absolutely ADORE it.

LiliV

I picked it up too for exactly the same reason. Can never resist a peach! Looks like a lovely choice of shades. I haven't bought a quad in ages, but this definitely had my name on it!

I saw that you ordered arrowhead. Let us know what you think. I'm waffling on it only because my coloring is medium at the moment and I worry it will be too light. It does look like a gorgeous nude though, and I love that it's matte!

I haven't bought a quad in forever either, this one reminded me a little of Call Me Bubbles which I skipped and still regret lol I'll definitely post pics of Arrowhead when it comes in!

Did you get TF Sweet Peach? I absolutely ADORE it.

It looks so cute but I passed on it bc Too Faced shadows never work on me, it must just be my chemistry. They always fade and blend away even with primer and a base. It sucks bc they make some really pretty shades!

Latest posts