MAC Vibe Tribe Collection (May 12/19 2016)

Corally

Rio Grande Romance is supposed to be Online Exclusive aswell! We've never had different online exclusives in Scandinavia so Im assuming it is the same all over the world. But who knows :D

Lol, I checked Beautyscene again and Desert Evening is the online exclusive patent polish here?? Don't think we've ever had different online exclusives before. Don't know what's going on lol.

NATlar

I ordered painted canyon blush and the gleamstones powder, im not sure why I ordered the powder im hoping it wont be dark on my nw15 skin.

I'm a NC15 and I tried it with Adobe Brick blush before i brought them both and they looked stunning especially the powder it's not dark one bit.

TraceyMc

Vibe Tribe collection just lauched in UK , I ordered the Hot Chocolate lippie and the Dunes at Dusk gleamstones powder , just wondered , I saw all the collection on MAC UK website and Selfridges but neither has the patent polishes from this collection .....are they not being released in the UK ?

Erinaceina

Vibe Tribe collection just lauched in UK , I ordered the Hot Chocolate lippie and the Dunes at Dusk gleamstones powder , just wondered , I saw all the collection on MAC UK website and Selfridges but neither has the patent polishes from this collection .....are they not being released in the UK ?

I went to my local MAC counter today and they said they're not being released here. :( I really wanted the red-orange one, so I'm sad about that. I got HC and Call of the Canyon, which I liked far more than I thought I would. Gleamstones looked really pretty, but I didn't like it enough to pick it up. I may end up regretting this. I'm about NW10 and it was definitely a highlighter, not a blush on my skintone.

Does anyone with pale skin have any opinions on Refined Bronze or Delphic? I have the other two bronzers, but I'm coveting a bronzer - I'm also looking at NARS Irresistiblement and the Clarins summer bronzer, both of which are nearly sold out, and I'm having real problems trying to make up my mind what to buy.

TraceyMc

I went to my local MAC counter today and they said they're not being released here. :( I really wanted the red-orange one, so I'm sad about that. I got HC and Call of the Canyon, which I liked far more than I thought I would. Gleamstones looked really pretty, but I didn't like it enough to pick it up. I may end up regretting this. I'm about NW10 and it was definitely a highlighter, not a blush on my skintone.

Does anyone with pale skin have any opinions on Refined Bronze or Delphic? I have the other two bronzers, but I'm coveting a bronzer - I'm also looking at NARS Irresistiblement and the Clarins summer bronzer, both of which are nearly sold out, and I'm having real problems trying to make up my mind what to buy.

Oh no I was hoping to pick up a couple of the PP shades :( I got the Gleamstones powder to use as a mauve/pink/bronze highlighter , I'm a NW15 to NW20 , I think it will work well with fair skin :)

NATlar

That's odd.... my mac store had a few of the patent polishes the girl was showing me them with the lipsticks. I'm going back on Saturday so I'll get a few pictures to show you guys.

Erinaceina

That's odd.... my mac store had a few of the patent polishes the girl was showing me them with the lipsticks. I'm going back on Saturday so I'll get a few pictures to show you guys.

That's really weird. The display stand in my store had the slots for the patentpolishes, but they had permanent patentpolishes in them.

NATlar

That's really weird. The display stand in my store had the slots for the patentpolishes, but they had permanent patentpolishes in them.

Hmmm odd.... I'll double check on Saturday maybe I got them mixed up with the perm ones cause when she was showing me I wasn't interested they're not my thing but I'll let you guys know haha!!

NaomiH

I've decided just Hot Chocolate for me, I've been naughty lately and need to tone it down a bit. Lol

Sweetyellow

I want Painted Canyon, Hot Chocolate, and Wild Horses Eyeshadow Quad only. I may grab Firebrush Bronzing Powder because it would look so pretty with Eternal Sun blush when I'm more tan in mid-July.

Mismatchedsocks

how do u like HC on your skin tone ? Im NW20 ( more neutral ) and lipsticks are tricky for me, dark colors dont usually work, as well as nudes -__-

NATlar

My lighting was awful this morning but I got rough picture of wearing "Adobe Brick Blush" on my cheeks with the White Shimmery and Pink Shimmery shade out the "Gleamtones" powder as my highlight :)

image.jpeg

Erinaceina

how do u like HC on your skin tone ? Im NW20 ( more neutral ) and lipsticks are tricky for me, dark colors dont usually work, as well as nudes -__-

I really like it, but then I like dark lipsticks on my colouring. I think having dark hair, eyes and eyebrows helps to balance it out for me, but it could also be a matter of personal taste. It's distinctly different from things like Private Party and Twig (which comes out decidedly vampy on me), but if you don't get along with them, there's a good chance you won't like HC.

I've just tried HC on for the first time, but I won't post a picture today as I was too lazy to put on makeup this morning. My skin's still slightly blotchy after I had a reaction to Caudalie's moisturising serum, and I don't really want to share it with the world. :( However, I'll try to do a look with HC and Call of the Canyon tomorrow.

leonah

Rio Grande Romance is supposed to be Online Exclusive aswell! We've never had different online exclusives in Scandinavia so Im assuming it is the same all over the world. But who knows :D

I just saw on your blog that the dunes at dusk is supposed to be 445 SEK? that is crazy (even the ED oh darling was 325 which is more decent) if that is true from mac's side but it must be a typo or something from their side if not no gleamstone powder for me ugh

leonah

did anyone get call of the canyon quad? is summer sun really similar to expensive pink like T says. I don't always trust her dupes as I have compared before at home and they are totally different undertones etc so I need someones opinion

Mismatchedsocks

I really like it, but then I like dark lipsticks on my colouring. I think having dark hair, eyes and eyebrows helps to balance it out for me, but it could also be a matter of personal taste. It's distinctly different from things like Private Party and Twig (which comes out decidedly vampy on me), but if you don't get along with them, there's a good chance you won't like HC.

I've just tried HC on for the first time, but I won't post a picture today as I was too lazy to put on makeup this morning. My skin's still slightly blotchy after I had a reaction to Caudalie's moisturising serum, and I don't really want to share it with the world. :( However, I'll try to do a look with HC and Call of the Canyon tomorrow.

Im sure you're beautiful no matter what..,but a look with HC would be great, thanks !

Honi

I just saw on your blog that the dunes at dusk is supposed to be 445 SEK? that is crazy (even the ED oh darling was 325 which is more decent) if that is true from mac's side but it must be a typo or something from their side if not no gleamstone powder for me ugh
It is quite hefty, yeah. Fingers crossed it's a typo but who knows. Freshen up was 325 sek, so it is quite an increase.

NATlar

It is quite hefty, yeah. Fingers crossed it's a typo but who knows. Freshen up was 325 sek, so it is quite an increase.

I know where I am Dunes At Dusk is the same price as Oh Darling and Freshen Up was which is £26.50 so hopefully it is a typo for you guys :)

leonah

yes it really is.. if that's the case I could just go and buy bobbi brown or dior or something which basically has the same price for a highlighter and more than 7 gr that dunes at dusk has. but I do think that oh darling was worth that price since of the ED formula and it contained 9 gr of product too. even if it's a typo from the press release I wouldn't be surprised if the counters and all do this extreme price. well I guess we have to wait and see :)

everybody else got a price decrease on the x9 and x15 palettes and the weird part is that it says so on the swedish mac page "now with a new lower price" lol but they didn't change it one bit..

Last edited:

Latest posts