MAC Vibe Tribe Collection (May 12/19 2016)

GreenEyedAllie

Just spoke with the same agent via live chat, she says the date has been moved to May 16th.

Ours launched last week the 5th online and in store too which is odd as it was meant to be released in store today.

If true, I wonder what the deal is to cause a delay with this particular launch? Actual issue or trying to build false hysteria since none of the past collections have sold anything out (certainly not immediately) except I think that lip glass?

Kaipie20

I'm still gonna keep an eye on it but just letting ppl know what they told me. Hopefully it still drops later but who knows:doh:

laurennnxox

Same thing I said about the other email they sent out at around 9am.

Interesting...I wonder if online retailers are pushing their dates back too? Just spoke to Nordstrom Chat and they won't know anything until it releases on MAC first. I asked when it was launching on their website:
"Sierra D: We cannot give this information without MAC social media releasing it publicly"

Lol, oh boy we are back at the MAC drama and it makes me wanna just RUN. But I want HC so bad. This is what my Nordies chat person said:

"Kara M: Okay, so please note that dates can change with MAC at any given moment, however, the tentative day for this to launch is on May 16th. "

Kaipie20

No it's fine I just know it's so much different info they're giving. Because I just talked to someone b4 this and she said it was still today!

GreenEyedAllie

I mean, given how long shipping takes for Nordies, if it's still set to launch in-store next Thursday, I'll just pay a call to my MAC MUA at Macy's. I don't buy enough from them versus online anyway, and then I get my stuff sooner!

montREALady

If true, I wonder what the deal is to cause a delay with this particular launch? Actual issue or trying to build false hysteria since none of the past collections have sold anything out (certainly not immediately) except I think that lip glass?

I can't even get past the first level of MAC Select, I haven't been interested this year really so far. Redundancy. Then of course when I decide I wanted the Dej Loaf, like you said, it was the one thing that has sold out in forever!

Tarabotti

I can't even get past the first level of MAC Select, I haven't been interested this year really so far. Redundancy. Then of course when I decide I wanted the Dej Loaf, like you said, it was the one thing that has sold out in forever!

You're just not trying hard enough- surely you can find something to buy with MAC releasing collections every other week.:rofl:Except when they don't and it's a collection that people might actually buy stuff from. Other people have mentioned that this collection was delayed in other countries as well so I don't know what to think (a manufacturing error, need more time to build up the hype or whatever).

Anahita Balsara

It really pisses me off the way MAC treats its customers. You would think that with the way the economy is, MAC should be ecstatic that people wait expectantly for the new collections and actually launch new collections when the say they are going to. I must have refreshed the new release page at least a hundred times hoping for it to show up. I"ll be really annoyed if on Monday, I cant get all items I want. Every time I tell myself that I'm not stalking the website and yet I keep doing it!

laurennnxox

It really pisses me off the way MAC treats its customers. You would think that with the way the economy is, MAC should be ecstatic that people wait expectantly for the new collections and actually launch new collections when the say they are going to. I must have refreshed the new release page at least a hundred times hoping for it to show up. I"ll be really annoyed if on Monday, I cant get all items I want. Every time I tell myself that I'm not stalking the website and yet I keep doing it!

Agree, 1,000%! They've finally dropped some of their prices recently to be more competitive-- they HAVE to know that their "worth" keeps lowering and lowering with all these other companies out there. Especially ones that actually launch like planned, don't leave a lot of misinformation out there, and are forthright with their customers. Sigh. I haven't bought from MAC in a long time... and am only coming out of the woodwork for a few items but after this I will be going back to my other brands.

LiliV

Agree, 1,000%! They've finally dropped some of their prices recently to be more competitive-- they HAVE to know that their "worth" keeps lowering and lowering with all these other companies out there. Especially ones that actually launch like planned, don't leave a lot of misinformation out there, and are forthright with their customers. Sigh. I haven't bought from MAC in a long time... and am only coming out of the woodwork for a few items but after this I will be going back to my other brands.

This is how I feel too, I haven't been into any of their collections (I got 3 items from Charlotte Olympia, that's it) in a really long time and this one I'm so excited for, of course this one has issues lol. And so many other companies now tell you exact launch times too. I know Mac will never do that, but it just shows a difference

LMarie21

Annnnd their Periscope is a sneak peak of the Selena line. They have tweeted absolutely nothing about Vibe Tribe. Super irk.

montREALady

You're just not trying hard enough- surely you can find something to buy with MAC releasing collections every other week.:rofl:Except when they don't and it's a collection that people might actually buy stuff from. Other people have mentioned that this collection was delayed in other countries as well so I don't know what to think (a manufacturing error, need more time to build up the hype or whatever).
I've been buying other brands... a lot (check my IG, lmaooo) That being said I just ordered Plum Princess from Chris Chang to pick up at Macy's before seeing your post. Hahaha! I do only prefer special packaging items with them in general. I bought Ariana, Zac Posen Dangerously Red and I think that's it for the year so far. Oh wait, So Select. $56 :rofl:My sister has bought me some stuff with her Pro discount this year too, Otherearthly and Among The Fireflies. From this one I want HC and one of the blushes perhaps. I wish Select worked at the counters in dept. stores.

brunettespylove

i know! i was prepared to actually wait for it to drop when i got to work this morning. I only want 2 things, but even nordies usually launches around 6am EST right when i get up for work so who knows how monday will be. And the few times i tried i was unsuccessful. I feel like the last time i really wanted something from a collection was the oxblood lipstick

montREALady

Girl I stalked Wet n Wild's website yesterday for their Summer Collection, drugstore makeup! And then rushed out to buy the Pat McGrath Skin Fetish highlighter when it launched in store at Sephora this week...so I apparently don't discriminate when it comes to my makeup stalking, lmao! Omg, it's so sad.

Latest posts