MAC Vibe Tribe Collection (May 12/19 2016)

leonah

HC and the gleamtones powder. Was gonna get the Chris Chang powder compact aswell but it was sold out before I even knew the collection was up. Id rather have the compact than the vibe tribe stuff :(

aww I know the compact SO here too very quickly. btw they changed the price for the DAD powder at åhléns but not on mac se, kicks and so on. so at least I could get it for a better price (315 kr) than 445.. there is quite a difference..

D

Dina Aldesouky

Thank you :)
I am looking for a matching mineralize skinfinsh powder for NC25 foundation with yellow undertone

patentg33k

Everybody looks so gorgeous in their pics! :heart:.

Here is my haul - Hot Chocolate (2) - I put one away in my BU lipstick stash drawer, Arrowhead, Dunes at Dusk, Painted Canyon, Adobe Brick, Modern Mandarin, Wild Horses, Refined Golden and Call of the Canyon. Whew. Here's a pic of my haul, blushes and swatches of blushes on me (I'm a C4 in Studio Fix and my friend who is NC45 in Studio Fix).

View attachment 54454

View attachment 54455

View attachment 54456

We also did swatches of the eyeshadows and Dunes at Dusk, so I'll post them once I edit and tag them. :)

Such beautiful swatches!!!!! omg. It's fun how PC seems to go pink on your skintone--it does on mine as well (NC15ish). I thought it would be a gray-peach but there's a rose that comes out of it when it's on the skin. Your swatches catch that beautifully.

lilinah

Most of the stuff in this collection is too warm for me (but i'm happy for everyone who's loving it. I always like to see everybody's photos). I am curious about the Patentpolish Lip Pencil in Desert Evening. I really like the feeling of the Patent Polish i have (Berry Black Friday)... Did anyone get it? Swatch?

bunnypoet

I picked up HC and Dunes at Dusk from this collection. Though the packaging could have been better quality, I really thought it was very cute. Definitely happy with my 2 purchases.

LILYisatig3r

Just picked up Tanarama today, mostly because I have an affinity for gold and can't say no to anything that contains hints of it. I don't know how often I'll wear it, but it kept calling to me *__* After seeing all of the swatches of HC, I may have to go pick one up, too....

patentg33k

Most of the stuff in this collection is too warm for me (but i'm happy for everyone who's loving it. I always like to see everybody's photos). I am curious about the Patentpolish Lip Pencil in Desert Evening. I really like the feeling of the Patent Polish i have (Berry Black Friday)... Did anyone get it? Swatch?

I swatched Desert Evening (the blue?) PP at a local counter. With my pigmented lip, it would be essentially clear. It's very very very sheer. I have other balms so it wasn't for me.

You're right, this collection is very warm-toned. I wish they'd do a cool bronzer or more to appeal to different undertones. Maybe the gleam tones powder or Wild Horses might fit into the cooler category, but those may not be things that you are looking for right now.

Haven

Has anyone compared this version of modern mandarin to previous releases? Are they the same? Since HC is so different this time I was wondering about mm.

Prettypackages

Did anyone get the gold CCB? I wore it SUnday as a highlight with very basic makeup (eyeliner, mascara, concealer, powder) and it was nice.

leonah

which brush do you guys use for the GR bronzer? I love it but it's very sheer (or maybe it's just the top layer?) and not sure which brush to use it with

GreenEyedAllie

which brush do you guys use for the GR bronzer? I love it but it's very sheer (or maybe it's just the top layer?) and not sure which brush to use it with

I use the 126 from last year, and my MAC MUA used the 127 from this year. I think it helps to use the synthetic side to pick up and distribute product and the natural side to buff and blend. From my memory I think I had to get through the top layer a little bit before it was more pigmented.

Kaidan

I bought it and swatched it a few pages back along with Caravamp, Tumbleweed, and Teen Dream (Page 38 or 39). It's basically a sheer clear shade but it gives lips a cool toned look. It has the same purpose as Cloud Gait (a cool toned lipstick transformer shade topper) but simply a lot shearer and glossy. The formula is great though. I'll post a better swatch of Desert Evening tomorrow in the morning along with Rio Grande Romance, Hot Chocolate, Teen Dream, and Caravamp. Hope that helps!

leonah

I use the 126 from last year, and my MAC MUA used the 127 from this year. I think it helps to use the synthetic side to pick up and distribute product and the natural side to buff and blend. From my memory I think I had to get through the top layer a little bit before it was more pigmented.

I used GR today and took my 129 brush I think it picked up the pigment quite well although the first tiny layer was a bit too sheer. but the rest was fine once I swirled my brush around and it packed a perfect amount and blended well. I think the powder is soft and lovely (don't know what T is talking about...) and I LOVE IT!! it lasted my work hours today and it's still there although it is quite hot both outside and inside and we don't have an ac at work so yes, love love loooove! thank you so much for rec this one. new fav indeed :D it works great on my nc skintone

Last edited:

Monsy

this is my favorite way to use this brush too

GreenEyedAllie

I used GR today and took my 129 brush I think it picked up the pigment quite well although the first tiny layer was a bit too sheer. but the rest was fine once I swirled my brush around and it packed a perfect amount and blended well. I think the powder is soft and lovely (don't know what T is talking about...) and I LOVE IT!! it lasted my work hours today and it's still there although it is quite hot both outside and inside and we don't have an ac at work so yes, love love loooove! thank you so much for rec this one. new fav indeed :D it works great on my nc skintone

:icon_cheers: I'm so glad you love it! It really is my favorite, so I'm biased, lol.

leonah

:icon_cheers: I'm so glad you love it! It really is my favorite, so I'm biased, lol.

yay! :D it's my new fav. I even forced my sister to buy it too since she is looking for a new bronzer and wanted to buy the original basic bronzers I was like nope you need this one lol :whipping:

Latest posts