Recommend me .....

Hi I am new to this forum.
Could anyone recommend me a foundation that will suit all skin types? (high end and drugstore)
Any help would be much appreciated
Thanks.

shellygrrl

Staff member
I'm not 100% sure one exists, because you also have to consider shade ranges (there are several that don't go pale enough and/or dark enough; many also don't have a variety of undertones), ingredients (fragrance, alcohol, various silicones, synthetic sunscreens, and bismuth oxychloride are various ingredients people can be sensitive to), body chemistry, coverage, and finish, along with skintype.

A

AuroraKS

Some foundations claim they're for "all skin types" but they really are meant more for normalish skin that leans a bit dry and/or a bit oily or even combination but if you're very dry or very oily then you'll either need to taking certain steps(richer moisturizer for dry skin, mattifying primer for oily skin) to help with that or just use a different foundation.

With that being said, a good drugstore foundation for "all skin types" would have to be the L'orèal true match super Blendable foundation.
This one comes in a bottle that looks like a medicine vial(at least in the US)
they have 33 shades I believe and 3 different ranges there's the
C range= pink undertones
N range= neutral undertones
W range= yellow undertones.
Then each range is accompanied with a number. The lower the number the lighter the shade. The higher the number the deeper the shade.
C1(alabaster) and W1(porcelain) are quite fair and do match a lot of those who are fair and have issues finding a shade light enough. And the darkest shades are actually quite deep in color and actually match those that are deeper in color than Beyoncé(who is constantly branded 'dark' in magazines even though she's more of a medium/dark)
Looking at the bottle isn't very accurate, you really have to try a shade or two on because I use W4(natural beige) and looking at the bottle it looks too light and when I put it on it looks light & a tad pink but once it dries down it becomes more yellow/oxidizes and matches my NC30/C35 skin quite well.
This foundation is good for "all skin types"
moreso for those that lean a tad more oily.
If you're on the very dry side just use a rich moisturizer and you should be fine.

As as for higher end, well I think the RCMA foundation works AMAZING they have tons of shades from very fair to very deep and lots of different undertones. I wear the SH-2 which is in their yellow/olive range.
It's a brand that a lot of makeup artists use due to how good it looks on photography, video etc it's like the OG HD foundation since it's been around for like 60 years I believe.
This, I would say it for "all skin types" but works a bit better for those on the drier side. For more oily skin just be sure to set with a good non-talc based powder(talc based powders are better for normal to dry skin)
I would suggest rice powder or kaolin based powder.

Another great option is the Cover FX custom cover drops.
They come in three different ranges. I believe it's
N= neutral undertone
G= yellow undertones
and I believe P for pink undertones but I could be wrong it might be "R"
but anyway, they do have quite a lot of shades AND these work by being mixed with either a moisturizer of a primer so it works great for "all skin types" because you can mix with a different base accordingly.
You can mix it with a moisturizer on drier areas and then mix with a mattifying primer on oily areas.
Plus you can customize the coverage.
1drop=sheer coverage
and I believe you only need 5drops for full coverage.
Im oily, used it with primer and this stuff worked great! Even when I was swearing.
Then I used it on a client with dry skin mixed with moisturizer(Cerave)
amd it looked great! Didn't emphasize any dryness and looked very natural.
My match is G40 although the G range runs a tad lighter.
I could sorta wear N35 but it wasn't yellow enough for me.

The one from clinique that has the primer and foundation combination has worked well for me and my face is sensitive. A little goes a LONG way!!
so it well last you for months. Its around thirty dollars or so. But a con I will have to say, is that it does not come with a pump or a squeeze bottle :(

Latest posts