I desperately need something for my eyebrows :(

A

amalia.m

1.jpg Hey,

I'm new around here and I don't know exactly how to start this, but here's my problem: apparently, I can't find anything okay enough for defining my eyebrows.
I have very fair skin which has an olive tint. My eyebrows are some sort of black. This combo made it difficult for me to find something to define them.
Any type of brown (from light to dark) looks like poop on my eyebrows. Black is too intense and makes me look not only unnatural, but also like a transvestite. Grey-ish colors are too cold for me. So what do I do now? :scared:
The last things I bought were from MAC - a charcoal brown eye shadow and the waterproof brow set in the shade of quiet brunette. When I tried them on, with all those neon lights, they looked okay. On natural light though, they look bad.
I'm pretty depressed because I've spent a lot of money on useless products (for me) and I can't seem to find anything to make my eyebrows look natural.
Can anyone help me out?

shellygrrl

Staff member
If you're not happy with any brow colours you've tried (either cooler or warmer), play mixologist with your brow shades, to get something neutral you may like.

Or match it to your hair colour.

B

BlameItonBeauty

Mac eyebrow percils have great shades, maybe look into them. I can never find the right eyeshadow color for my brows, so I use pencils only. Benefit also has good things for brows.

A

AuroraKS

If they end up looking like "poop" it may be that the colors are too dark/too cool or warm toned, you're applying too much or you're just not used to how it looks.

From your pic, I see quite a bit of pink tones so try to go for a neutral color.
Powders give a more natural look compared to pencils, mascaras and gels.
Note that the arch and tail can have more product/be darker and you should be very light handed when it comes to the inner brow.

I don't think that dying them will make much a difference, the hairs themselves are quite brown but your brows are just sparse. Dying the hairs won't really make the brows themselves denser, you just have to fill them in.

If you can't find a shade that's neutral enough you can always mix shades, I would check out the Anastasia brow products since they're quite popular and I'm sure their colors should be spot on.
Ive only used their dip brow but found the NYX brow gel to actually be waterproof so I've been using that more.

Latest posts