HELP! Can't decide between Kinda Sexy, Jubilee and Cherish!

Suzie32

New User
Hi dolls,

I'm looking for the perfect nude that isn't pinkish, nor brown. I'd like a lipstick that gives me that 'my lips but better' look and that makes them look fuller/sexier, if you know what I mean! For reference, I'm a NC30 - NC35. Yes, neither really match my skin perfectly. I'm part Asian and my skin is olive/yellowish. I'm not dark but definitely not pale. Lipsticks like angel, hue, myth, creme d'nude look terrifying on me (lips become grey and lifeless).

I have been researching like crazy and feel like Kinda Sexy, Jubilee and Cherish might look good on me but not 100% sure! And they look so similar so I'm even more confused. Anyway, those are the kind of shades that I'm interested in. Peachy/nudey, like Kim Kardashian sometimes wears. I can't try the lipsticks on in person for the moment so I was hoping you ladies could help me out! Do you own any of these shades? Which would you recommend? If you have any other suggestions, I'm all ears!

Thank you in advance:)

bluelitzer

I'm the same shade as you and Velvet Teddy is the most flattering (right balance of brown, flesh, pink, grey). Whether bare-faced or full on make up, VT is great. It's not straight up brown like coffee nudes but there is definite brown elements in there, just balanced enough to look flattering on our shade.

Honey Love is the lighter sister of VT. It looks best on me when I'm on the lighter side of NC30 (and closer to NC 25).

Cherish is the same family but has slightly greyer tinge to it (I tend to look less lively using it as compared to when I have VT on). It looks good if you're doing full-faced makeup but may look kind of dull when bare-faced.

Kinda Sexy is a peach-tinge nude and it looks great when I'm on the NC 30 side.

Some suggestions if you're looking for the perfect MLBB nude: Boldly Bare Lip Pencil (nude), Edge to Edge Lip Pencil (nude-pink) and if you can still get it or it gets repromoted Pander Me Lipstick (caramel nude).

*** PS I avoid Whirl, it makes me look like I got smoker's lips. I don't get why alot of people who are the same foundation shade as me like it. LOL.

Last edited:

hippychic823

I second what Bluelitzer said about Pander Me!!! I'm NC30 and it's a perfect nude. Also, Sensual Sparks from the Magnetic Nude collection from 2013 is my HG winter nude. I, unfortunately have had no luck finding a HG nude from the permanent line...I may give VT or Honeylove a try though.

DarylandCarole

Of your 3 choices I like Jubilee best, due to the creaminess of the formula. It might help for you to decide what finish you want - sheer, matte, satin, frost... I believe Jubilee is a Lustre so it's sheer, Kinda Sexy is matte, not sure about Cherish, although I did have it. I am very pale, NW10, but my lips are medium to dark. On me Kinda Sexy pulls too orange, Cherish was just meh. Nth!

Suzie32

New User
I'm the same shade as you and Velvet Teddy is the most flattering (right balance of brown, flesh, pink, grey). Whether bare-faced or full on make up, VT is great. It's not straight up brown like coffee nudes but there is definite brown elements in there, just balanced enough to look flattering on our shade.

Honey Love is the lighter sister of VT. It looks best on me when I'm on the lighter side of NC30 (and closer to NC 25).

Cherish is the same family but has slightly greyer tinge to it (I tend to look less lively using it as compared to when I have VT on). It looks good if you're doing full-faced makeup but may look kind of dull when bare-faced.

Kinda Sexy is a peach-tinge nude and it looks great when I'm on the NC 30 side.

Some suggestions if you're looking for the perfect MLBB nude: Boldly Bare Lip Pencil (nude), Edge to Edge Lip Pencil (nude-pink) and if you can still get it or it gets repromoted Pander Me Lipstick (caramel nude).

*** PS I avoid Whirl, it makes me look like I got smoker's lips. I don't get why alot of people who are the same foundation shade as me like it. LOL.

Thank you for your detailed response and awesome suggestions, I appreciate it! I'm curious about Velvet Teddy now! I've seen many ladies gushing over Velvet Teddy and checked out reviews on YouTube but it looks quite brown on the lips.... I'm not interested in the Kylie Jenner look but if it looks good on you, I should consider!
I am so not getting Cherish and I'm staying away from Whirl!!! I hate that grey tinge that certain nudes give me! Yeah, I was also considering Honey Love but I'm terrified of chalky/pale lips. I tan really easily by the way.....
I didn't know about Pander Me but I'm impressed by what I see (quickly googled it to see pics!). I think I'm going to go for this one! So glad I came here before purchasing. Thank you again:)

Suzie32

New User
Thank you! Pander Me is the shade I had in mind! But I just checked on the website and it isn't being sold!! Was it a limited edition??? :(

Suzie32

New User
I second what Bluelitzer said about Pander Me!!! I'm NC30 and it's a perfect nude. Also, Sensual Sparks from the Magnetic Nude collection from 2013 is my HG winter nude. I, unfortunately have had no luck finding a HG nude from the permanent line...I may give VT or Honeylove a try though.

Thank you too!! I really hope Pander Me is available somewhere...I'm panicking here over a lipstick lol It's just that I've been looking all over for that perfect, nude peachy shade!!

leonah

kinda sexy looks a little bit too orange on me too I'm nc25/30ish and it looks horrible on its own on my pigmented reddish lips ugh.. I need to tone it down quite a lot. don't own cherish or jubilee either but I love velvet teddy, cosmo, hug me, twig, fast play and so on. my all time fav is probably mehr but it's more mauve than the others if that's not your thing

I heard good things about taupe, spirit and yash too they are next on my never ending list lol

Last edited:

Suzie32

New User
it was LE

Oh that hit me like a ton of bricks.....

Thank you for your feedback though! So Kinda Sexy is orangey on you?? Yikes. I don't mind if it's peachy but I'm not aiming for orange lips. Many ladies say this shade looks different on everyone........ I do have Cosmo, Viva Glam II and Shanghai Spice but I'm fed up of pinks and browns.

What do you ladies think about Shy Girl? Any of you wear it? It doesn't seem to be very in your face kinda color but from what I've seen/heard it is peachy, right? I don't mind if a lipstick is glossy, creamy or matte, I just don't want sparkles and don't want anything drying.

Freckletone too seems to be peachy but on the pale side too... I'm worried it'll wash me out.

Thanks again ladies, you all are real helpful!

leonah

Oh that hit me like a ton of bricks.....

Thank you for your feedback though! So Kinda Sexy is orangey on you?? Yikes. I don't mind if it's peachy but I'm not aiming for orange lips. Many ladies say this shade looks different on everyone........ I do have Cosmo, Viva Glam II and Shanghai Spice but I'm fed up of pinks and browns.

What do you ladies think about Shy Girl? Any of you wear it? It doesn't seem to be very in your face kinda color but from what I've seen/heard it is peachy, right? I don't mind if a lipstick is glossy, creamy or matte, I just don't want sparkles and don't want anything drying.

Freckletone too seems to be peachy but on the pale side too... I'm worried it'll wash me out.

Thanks again ladies, you all are real helpful!

I don't have shy girl or freckletone but heard better things about freckletone despite its lustre formula. I don't think it will wash you out since even beyoncé apparently have worn it if you can trust the internet lol

Latest posts