Chanel Fall 2016

Winthrop44

I absolutely love when chanel plays safe. It means collection is wearable and most of the products work together beautifully. I always loved that about chanel how each item in collection compliments another one. You could easily buy the whole (or most of it) collection. Now this red collection seems so off. Who is gonna wear red lips red cheeks red eyes?

Not me. :)

elkaknits

I'm wondering why Chanel is launching liquid matte lipsticks now. Late to the party doesn't even begin to cover it. Every drugstore line has a version of these. This makes them look like they're following trends, which is never how a brand like Chanel should appear.

Ommorphia's nail post sucked me in. First polishes in new formulation. First new Chanel polishes in years truth be told. I had sworn off them due to disliking the brush. On my nails, as a topper for another color, the rouge radical is identical to loreal's jolly lolly -- keep in mind I don't take macro pictures of my nails. I was wearing guerlain's Parisienne yesterday and that is a pinkish red coral color (boring to some but my inability to pigeon hole it makes it a favorite)

In the bottle, and on their own, they are very different. In the bottle Chanel is more transparent but on my nails gives more coverage. This may be due to the narrower brush and my subconsciously doing more passes to even everything out. The Chanel is also pulling orangey on me and the SA who was wearing it yesterday. This is so unexpected that, from looking at her nails, I almost skipped. The loreal pulls pinker and more transparent on my nail

My Chanel brush ugh stems from my liking paddle brushes ala Dior, YSL, Lancôme, L'Oriel, Guerlain's, OPI, Sally Hansen and probably more. Those are just brands I enjoy using due to brush. Every time I see that thin brush I feel like Chanel is skimpy and cheap. Plus more passes invariably result in bubbling. I realize some nail beds benefit from a narrower 'more precise' brush. I had read they had changed the brush a bit so purchased without inspecting. Husband in tow and anniversary sale meant grab and go instead of linger

cut off my end of drugstore comment pulling me from lurker mode. Suggest looking for the loreal if you find radical pulling orange and you plan on using it as a topper.

Last edited:

Monsy

if you like that kind of brush try new essie gel couture line they have identical brush to dior one

elkaknits

Thank you! I have so much that I haven't been keeping up but come August and fall/ holiday collections I start looking at blogs. I will swing by Ulta and scope it out

awickedshape

Would be interested to see how these shades look on very fair skin and darker brown skin.
I'm just not drawn in at all.
Will check on IG

Pippilotta

I absolutely love when chanel plays safe. It means collection is wearable and most of the products work together beautifully. I always loved that about chanel how each item in collection compliments another one. You could easily buy the whole (or most of it) collection. Now this red collection seems so off. Who is gonna wear red lips red cheeks red eyes?

There's absolutely nothing wrong with safe and wearable! It's just not "trend setting" - which is the image Chanel attempt to get. :)

MakeupAli

if you like that kind of brush try new essie gel couture line they have identical brush to dior one

I just got that in the neutral taupe color to wear to a five day event where I wasn't going to want to deal with either chips or a color change. It was easy to use and wore well. Not finding many of the colors that interesting though.

MakeupAli

I briefly checked out this collection today. Thew blush was a pretty somewhat muted rosy red which was pigmented and smooth - and as I swatched it on my hand I was able to sheer it out easily.

I wasn't too moved by the shade but it seemed unique, I will check it out again to be sure.

I got the blush and the Yeux Stylo is Eros. It also turned out that the store had the Rouge Noir IDO which I decided to pick up as well.

Icecaramellatte

Stopped by a counter but didn't play too much. I picked up the orange I'do and the reddish liner. I really like this color. I don't really know how to describe it. Reddish isn't quite right. I swatched the quad but I'm considering that for my Nordstrom note purchase and I was at Bloomies. The SA said she thought the quad would look nice with the orange I'do and I thought so too. But now I'm sorry I didn't ask how she would combine the two. Plus I know it is permanent so I was good and focused on the limited edition products. I liked the brown I'do too but it was a plain matte brown. For some reason I didn't recall that from this forum so I was surprised. I just wasn't sure I needed it but I'll probably get it. Come to think of it, I loved wearing the Rouge Noir I'do on the lid when it first came out so maybe a plain creme matte brown would be nice as an alternate. I agree with @Ashievic about the brown liner. There was something different about it but I thought it could wait too. I didn't bother looking at the lipsticks and nail polish. Maybe next time. The blush was nice too. Not quite red but looked pretty. I have Rouge blush and didn't think I needed a replacement but perhaps a matte version would have been nice.

So I'm still considering the quad, blush, brown eye liner and I'do. That is still quite a bit of $$ but it's nothing compared to last Fall's collection. I think I bought almost everything from that collection.

VAL4M

T's swatches are up and now I want the eyeshadow quad :rolleyes: Good thing I have a LOT of optimum points and nothing else is calling my name as far a fall collection even Guertain leaves me cold or I can just wait for the Holiday collections LOL

CBradley76

Stopped by a counter but didn't play too much. I picked up the orange I'do and the reddish liner. I really like this color. I don't really know how to describe it. Reddish isn't quite right. I swatched the quad but I'm considering that for my Nordstrom note purchase and I was at Bloomies. The SA said she thought the quad would look nice with the orange I'do and I thought so too. But now I'm sorry I didn't ask how she would combine the two. Plus I know it is permanent so I was good and focused on the limited edition products. I liked the brown I'do too but it was a plain matte brown. For some reason I didn't recall that from this forum so I was surprised. I just wasn't sure I needed it but I'll probably get it. Come to think of it, I loved wearing the Rouge Noir I'do on the lid when it first came out so maybe a plain creme matte brown would be nice as an alternate. I agree with @Ashievic about the brown liner. There was something different about it but I thought it could wait too. I didn't bother looking at the lipsticks and nail polish. Maybe next time. The blush was nice too. Not quite red but looked pretty. I have Rouge blush and didn't think I needed a replacement but perhaps a matte version would have been nice.

So I'm still considering the quad, blush, brown eye liner and I'do. That is still quite a bit of $$ but it's nothing compared to last Fall's collection. I think I bought almost everything from that collection.

I bought the entire collection last fall because I loved it so much! This one seems off to me. Still gonna skip it. I'm liking Peter Phillips at Dior.

JerseyGirl

It seems there are those who really love or totally don't care for this collection. I guess I have to see it in person. I'm not sure these colors would work on me. The problem is I dislike all the counters near me, most of the SAs are quite full of themselves and when you go to the counter they think they are doing you huge favors instead of earning commission.

Latest posts