Chanel Fall 2016

ashievic

I ordered the entire collection, and it has arrived. The d'ombre are outstanding. I am not into orange, but do not judge a book by its cover. The brûlée is really different and worth having. As is the other one. The eyeliner in the burgundy, I got a backup for, and the online only mascara too. The rest I returned. The blush is not great for pink Casper's, the quad is browns, with a red. If you already own a good red shadow, you can pass on this. The transparent red top coat polish reminds me of the Dior summer 2015, just dumb. The other eyeliner is not just brown, once on, it has subtle undertones of other colors. To me, this collection is a bit off. But heck, I still have the duo from years ago with the red/black shadows, and the rouge blush from years ago too. Which has more dimension to it.

ashievic

The dark lipstick that is an LE is a re-promote, I already own it. So obviously it was released prior.

TraceyMc

I ordered the entire collection, and it has arrived. The d'ombre are outstanding. I am not into orange, but do not judge a book by its cover. The brûlée is really different and worth having. As is the other one. The eyeliner in the burgundy, I got a backup for, and the online only mascara too. The rest I returned. The blush is not great for pink Casper's, the quad is browns, with a red. If you already own a good red shadow, you can pass on this. The transparent red top coat polish reminds me of the Dior summer 2015, just dumb. The other eyeliner is not just brown, once on, it has subtle undertones of other colors. To me, this collection is a bit off. But heck, I still have the duo from years ago with the red/black shadows, and the rouge blush from years ago too. Which has more dimension to it.

Thanks for the info , I was definite on getting the copper IDO and the burgundy liner but on the fence about the eye palette and the blush , I wear ecru in Estee DW and am B10 in YSL , I have cool undertones in winter ,more neutral in summer , do you think the blush would suit me ? TIA

Icecaramellatte

Thanks Ash for posting. I was wondering about that top coat. I know I bought some Chanel sheer tint polish years ago. Most people hated it. I didn't but I was surprised they brought the idea back.

MakeupAli

Me too! I was on a blush no-buy during Sunkissed so I have to try it in the store I guess. It looks like all things to all people-- except Caspars, says Ash.

I will probably do my usual and get the YS in Eros.

TraceyMc

Chanel Fall collection was meant to be launched today in UK , don't see it online @ Selfridges , anyone know when it's launching ? TIA

TinTin

My local NS got the collection earlier this week and I went to go pick up some pieces of the collection. What I got:

Brule IDO - this shows up very orange on me (think pumpkin). I picked it up, but it may go back.
Blush
Quad - Surprisingly very good. I don't usually pick up Chanel quads, but there is decent pigmentation in this quad.
Eye liners - Eros is gorgeous. Agape is a bronze (similar to Santal, but different) that I know I will get a lot of wear out of.
Both polishes - the gloss shows up very orangey. However, it goes great over the red polish and gives it some extra dimension.

Icecaramellatte

My local NS got the collection earlier this week and I went to go pick up some pieces of the collection. What I got:

Brule IDO - this shows up very orange on me (think pumpkin). I picked it up, but it may go back.
Blush
Quad - Surprisingly very good. I don't usually pick up Chanel quads, but there is decent pigmentation in this quad.
Eye liners - Eros is gorgeous. Agape is a bronze (similar to Santal, but different) that I know I will get a lot of wear out of.
Both polishes - the gloss shows up very orangey. However, it goes great over the red polish and gives it some extra dimension.

I see the collection is showing up on Nordstrom. I read that the nail gloss is supposed to go over the red polish but I couldn't see how it would make it look special. I want to see it in person.

MissTania

I briefly checked out this collection today. Thew blush was a pretty somewhat muted rosy red which was pigmented and smooth - and as I swatched it on my hand I was able to sheer it out easily.

I wasn't too moved by the shade but it seemed unique, I will check it out again to be sure.

Last edited:

CBradley76

I agree something is off with this collection. I feel like Chanel wont let lucia pica be as bold as she wants to with designing collections simply because its Chanel. Chanel has always Been safe with makeup and lacks the edginess of some other brands. Its like they wont let Her Venture out with the collections. For this reason i ordered the Dior fall collection. Dior Is letting peter phillips take it to a whole another level. Its like peter phillips finally can expand his knowlege and be more bold. Just my opinión :)

Winthrop44

I agree something is off with this collection. I feel like Chanel wont let lucia pica be as bold as she wants to with designing collections simply because its Chanel. Chanel has always Been safe with makeup and lacks the edginess of some other brands. Its like they wont let Her Venture out with the collections. For this reason i ordered the Dior fall collection. Dior Is letting peter phillips take it to a whole another level. Its like peter phillips finally can expand his knowlege and be more bold. Just my opinión :)

So far I haven't been excited by Lucia Pica at Chanel OR Peter Phillips at Dior. I was a fan of him at Chanel. :hide:

Last edited:

CBradley76

Does anyone think that the quad in the collections resembles the Trafalgar quint from Dior? But I like the Trafalgar better.

Pippilotta

I couldn't agree more! I have always wondered how Chanel got their "trend setting" image as I think most of their products are polite, easy-to-wear and, yes, "safe". The qaulity is nice, and their advertisng better than most brands, but the actual colors of the products are mainstream. (Please, don't kill me).

Monsy

I absolutely love when chanel plays safe. It means collection is wearable and most of the products work together beautifully. I always loved that about chanel how each item in collection compliments another one. You could easily buy the whole (or most of it) collection. Now this red collection seems so off. Who is gonna wear red lips red cheeks red eyes?

Latest posts