MAC Bangin' Brilliant: Lipstick collection (2016)

lyseD

Oh man these blushes are tiny! :( I know someone said they were eyeshadow sized but for some reason I assumed it would be at least the size of the pro longwear eyeshadows..? Too bad because I really really like News Flash!

But I might get New Crop. That eyeshadow is gorgeous! I also really like Ruddy and Oh My Mocha.

I got New Crop yesterday, it is gorgeous. Oh My Mocha is beautiful too. Loved them all.

Miss Dynamite

Oh man these blushes are tiny! :( I know someone said they were eyeshadow sized but for some reason I assumed it would be at least the size of the pro longwear eyeshadows..? Too bad because I really really like News Flash!

But I might get New Crop. That eyeshadow is gorgeous! I also really like Ruddy and Oh My Mocha.

I want most of them and all of the blushes...I'll be using them as eyeshadows anyway, so it doesn't matter to me.

ahoythere

Waiting for On and On and Model Behavior! Bring back my late 90s duochrome everything!!!!!!
On and On is looking like it's the lovechild of Smoove and Spanish Fly.......

lipstickaddict

Does anyone know if Breathing Fire is indeed permanent? It is listed with the other lipsticks, but has the triangle of death. :confused:

lipstickaddict

I B2M'ed for In My Fashion and Really Me! RM is a really pretty mauvey pink but it's not matte, as previously advertised... It's actually a satin with a bit of shimmer, which caught me by surprise. I don't particularly care for obvious shimmer but don't many that aren't matte have some degree of shimmer??? RM looks really pretty with Half-Red lip pencil and a bead of clear lipglass :)
Really me sounds beautiful! Think I'll get this one first :)

leonah

I want really me but the swatches on christine looks so light and her and I are basically the same skin tone. but when looking at a few instagram swatches it looks so nice even though I know a few used lip liners. so confused by this color

luvlydee

I got Really Me Lipstick today. It applies lighter on my lips than swatched on the back of my hand because my lips have a lot of brown in them.
Really me is an odd color. It looked different in person than in photos. Its like a mauvy greyish pinky color. Strange to describe. I'll do a better swatch/ detail post on my blog this weekend.

image.jpeg

Last edited:

DarylandCarole

I stopped in at my Nordies counter yesterday and they had just gotten all of the frosts in! I swatched a bunch but I don't know how to label the pick with the names by the swatches. Is there a good app for that?
my general opinion is that they're good for layering over another color. They're very pretty, but most are pretty sheer. The most opaque are Pink, I Think, Model Behavior, Designer Blue, On and On, the Gold one (can't remember the name) and the acid green one. The green is gorgeous but I know I wouldn't wear it. I wasn't sure about Designer Blue. It's gorgeous but again not sure I'd wear it. I might get it later. I did end up getting more than I planned to (of course!). I bought Pink, I Think, Pick Me, Pick Me! Model Behaviour, Soft Hint, Spoiled Fabulous, and Meltdown, which wasn't part of this but still gorgeous.
here's the swatches without labels. On and On looked more brown than purple so I skipped it for now (it's the 2nd from top in the first row). Soft Hint is below it, and Model Behavior last in that row. Designer Blue is the first in the 2nd row. I can't remember the rest, I'll have to look at the list and I'm too tired now.
image.jpeg

lipstickaddict

I got Really Me Lipstick today. It applies lighter on my lips than swatched on the back of my hand because my lips have a lot of brown in them.
Really me is an odd color. It looked different in person than in photos. Its like a mauvy greyish pinky color. Strange to describe. I'll do a better swatch/ detail post on my blog this weekend.

View attachment 55154

It looks beautiful in your swatch. I'm definitely getting it :)

lipstickaddict

I stopped in at my Nordies counter yesterday and they had just gotten all of the frosts in! I swatched a bunch but I don't know how to label the pick with the names by the swatches. Is there a good app for that?
my general opinion is that they're good for layering over another color. They're very pretty, but most are pretty sheer. The most opaque are Pink, I Think, Model Behavior, Designer Blue, On and On, the Gold one (can't remember the name) and the acid green one. The green is gorgeous but I know I wouldn't wear it. I wasn't sure about Designer Blue. It's gorgeous but again not sure I'd wear it. I might get it later. I did end up getting more than I planned to (of course!). I bought Pink, I Think, Pick Me, Pick Me! Model Behaviour, Soft Hint, Spoiled Fabulous, and Meltdown, which wasn't part of this but still gorgeous.
here's the swatches without labels. On and On looked more brown than purple so I skipped it for now (it's the 2nd from top in the first row). Soft Hint is below it, and Model Behavior last in that row. Designer Blue is the first in the 2nd row. I can't remember the rest, I'll have to look at the list and I'm too tired now.
View attachment 55158

Glad they had them at your Nordstrom! How exciting! Looks like you picked up a lot of gems :)

MAC_Fafinette14

Sudden thought: If you have Kat Von D Metal Crush eyeshadow in Iggy or Paranoid, you can skip New Crop or How Royal accordingly. They're pretty close.

Ruddy is similar to Raw Power, but the MAC shade is brighter and redder.

I'm curious about Designer Blue and Soft Hint--the latter sounds like a seafoam-y blue frost, and that sounds gorgeous as a sheer or layering shade.

MissTania

View attachment 55154

Thanks for your swatch and description! It's very pretty on you. I am so intrigued and curious!

katred

Specktra Bestie
Waiting for On and On and Model Behavior! Bring back my late 90s duochrome everything!!!!!!
On and On is looking like it's the lovechild of Smoove and Spanish Fly.......

YES. This is exactly what's drawing me to these shades. The magic of duochrome.

Latest posts