Foundation for dry skin?

F

Faiths13

Hi
I'm looking for recs on a foundation that is good for normal to dry skin? Medium to full coverage preffered. Also a primer to go with it. Thanks! :)

shellygrrl

Staff member
On foundation: What about finish? (Dewy/luminous, natural, satin/demi-matte, matte)

For primer, you may like something like the Marc Jacobs Coconut Primer, Laura Mercier Radiance Primer, or the Becca Backlight one, if you want a bit of luminosity before applying foundation. If not, you could try the MUFE Step 1 Hydrating or Nourishing Primer. (I sometimes use the Hydrating one below my cheekbones. It doesn't give a glow, but it does help with longevity.)

F

Faiths13

I would like something natural looking preferably, but I'm open. I have tried a couple matte and they didn't look good on my skin. :/

On foundation: What about finish? (Dewy/luminous, natural, satin/demi-matte, matte)

For primer, you may like something like the Marc Jacobs Coconut Primer, Laura Mercier Radiance Primer, or the Becca Backlight one, if you want a bit of luminosity before applying foundation. If not, you could try the MUFE Step 1 Hydrating or Nourishing Primer. (I sometimes use the Hydrating one below my cheekbones. It doesn't give a glow, but it does help with longevity.)

shellygrrl

Staff member
You may like Koh Gen Do Aqua Foundation. It's about a medium coverage, neither matte nor luminous (at least IMO). MUFE Ultra HD is a bit similar, at least to me.

You could also try MAC Face and Body. You can build it up to a medium coverage, and it has a bit more luminosity. (You can always set it with powder to take it down, of course.)

Latest posts