Choosing products

waterblast74

New User
Hello everyone! I'm quite new here and i need some advice. I'm a guy and i feel like i need to "fix up" my face a bit. I have acne and i want to correct my tones a bit and cover up my face just a little bit. Therefore, i have done a bit of research and i have considered to invest in one of the following products: BB Creme, CC Creme, DD Creme or Foundation.

I want enough coverage so that my (quite light-medium) skin tone just is even and i don't want to look like i had too much put on or like my face is monotone, i still want to look "human" and not like any model. I want just enough coverage so that it clears things up and doesn't look like i put on any makeup at all.

My skin type is quite weird, I am currently using an anti sebum wash which i wash my face with every morning and night. So at the start of the day my face is quite dry but it returns to kind of normal/oily skin a bit through the day.

I also sweat a little bit sometimes so i don't want the product to look like it's dripping down my face or like a curtain has been pulled back and now I am noticably wearing the product, so the product has to be consistent with it's cover up throughout the day. Some days i'll wear the product and for example on sports day I wont, so when i'm not wearing it I don't want it to be a noticable difference.

I'm guessing the BB, CC and DD creams have more anti acne properties but which one of them is really the best on is the tough decision, and does foundation do a better job? Which one will also last the most while still keeping up it's quality and do a good job? So, fellow Specktra users, i require your assistance! Thank you in advance.

shellygrrl

Staff member
After cleansing, do you do anything else with regards to skincare? Acid toning (chemical exfoliation)? Moisturizer? Spot treatment for your acne? It doesn't sound like you do.

Foundation, BB/CC/DD creams, and tinted moisturizers are not skincare. They will never be adequate substitutes for good skincare, they will not treat your acne or keep it at bay. As for which will work for you and your skintype, you'll need to do a bit of trial and error. Seems to me that BB and CC creams are somewhat thick in texture, and they don't offer a broad shade range. Tinted moisturizers are generally sheerer and somewhat more forgiving in regards to shade matches (except on someone like me who is quite pale ;)), and I think that may be more in line with what you're looking for. Laura Mercier have a couple, including an oil-free version. (I've also heard that the LM tinted moisturizers offer a little more coverage than most other tinted moisturizers out there.)

Latest posts