Looking For New Foundation

F

Faiths13

Hi
I would love some foundation recs. I have slightly skin in the T zone, but dry on forehead. I want full coverage, with little transfer. I want something that doesn't feel heavy or greasy. I have been using Benefit, and I like it, but I want more coverage. Thanks! I also need a good primer. :)

shellygrrl

Staff member
What kind of finish do you want (matte, demi-matte/satin, luminous/dewy)? I can tell you it's easier to find full coverage with a matte finish than full coverage with a more luminous finish.

Primer-wise, take a look at Make Up For Ever's Step 1 primers, or Laura Mercier's various ones. Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer is also a pretty good one, IMO. Also, don't be afraid to use more than one primer to address certain areas of your face. (For example: something slightly more mattifying in your T-zone, and a more hydrating primer for your drier areas.)

F

Faiths13

I'm not sure about finish, I just know I don't want something that clings to dry patches or feels greasy.

C

carriemcmakeup

I accidentally found a great foundation (and primer) by using MAC's Oil Control Lotion mixed (half and half) with the Studio Fix Fluid SPF15 liquid foundation. Apparently it is the fullest coverage foundation MAC carries. Combining the two together makes it feel light and does great oil control without over-drying outside the T-zone. I have been using the Pro Longwear pressed powder to set it and touch up throughout the day.

The first time I used the Studio Fix Fluid I was not too crazy about it, and the MAC sales assoc suggested mixing it with the Timecheck lotion. I did, but did not notice much difference. So instead I tried using Oil Control lotion and mixed it with that and it works great! My new fave :) even through an active day indoors and outside, there is only minimal oil and no transfer.

Other good coverage foundations: Mac's Pro Longwear - good coverage, matte finish, but can be drying and accentuate finelines
Make Up For Ever Face and Body - my all-time fave! Not good oil control (need a mattifying primer or oil control lotion), but looks flawless and natural on with buildable coverage. Love love love!
Make Up For Ever HD Foundation - A more full coverage foundation with great reviews online (I have yet to try, but think it may be similar to Mac's Pro Longwear?)

Primers I love: Mac's Oil Control Lotion, MUFE's Matte primer (grey tube)

P.S. I know it might seem a little fussy to have to mix the foundation with another lotion right out of the bottle but it really is amazing! I was not prepared for how well it works :)

Hope that helps!

Last edited:

shellygrrl

Staff member
Make Up For Ever Face and Body - my all-time fave! Not good oil control (need a mattifying primer or oil control lotion), but looks flawless and natural on with buildable coverage. Love love love!

This was recently discontinued and replaced by MUFE Water Blend.

Latest posts